Author Topic: 2014 Pick 2: General Commentary  (Read 260496 times)

Re: 2014 Pick 2: General Commentary
« Reply #390 on: March 06, 2014, 03:29:34 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
I will make my  pick when I get home from guys 2.20 ..also willing to take trade offers for it
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

Re: 2014 Pick 2: GENERAL COMMENTARY
« Reply #391 on: March 06, 2014, 03:30:27 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Okay there's just no denying that one player left has more talent than any other. I have a strong core. If he gets healthy.....

Okay gonna drop the bomb.
very optimistic he's going to make it back nevermind back to what he once was.
The more the Lakers continue to tank, the less it looks like Kobe's gonna come back this year. They're trying to get a top 3 pick. And boy do they need it.
I thought about Kobe, but all the recent reports indicate he is not coming back this year and given his age and just how long he is going to miss (plus how bad he looked in the 6 games he played this year), I just couldn't justify him until at least the 3rd round and then I probably would have passed.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #392 on: March 06, 2014, 03:30:53 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
I will make my  pick when I get home from guys 2.20 ..also willing to take trade offers for it
I messaged you an offer.  Let me know when you get a chance.

« Reply #393 on: March 06, 2014, 03:43:02 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Check your PMs, Enzzo.

« Reply #394 on: March 06, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Okay there's just no denying that one player left has more talent than any other. I have a strong core. If he gets healthy.....

The more the Lakers continue to tank, the less it looks like Kobe's gonna come back this year. They're trying to get a top 3 pick. And boy do they need it.
I thought about Kobe, but all the recent reports indicate he is not coming back this year and given his age and just how long he is going to miss (plus how bad he looked in the 6 games he played this year), I just couldn't justify him until at least the 3rd round and then I probably would have passed.
Here's the way I looked at things.

1. Within a very short time of this draft starting Miami had their Big 3 back together and probably would be able to get a better surrounding cast than the IRL Heat. So trying to go for best team this year was going to be an effort in futility.

2. On this site, drafting Kobe is usually going to get you grief. If this was a more competitive draft, I don't choose Kobe. I hate Kobe. Respect his game and know he is a winner but a Kobe team has to be Kobe-centric and its just hard to defend if your heart isn't into it.

3. With Parsons, Davis and Jordan already in place and knowing Kobe wouldn't be back this year, I decided to "go for it all" in 2015 by locking Kobe up now and hopefully building a team that when he is added to it and healthy, makes them an instant contender. By all accounts, Davis will be a top 5 player in this league for a long time. He is still the cornerstone of the franchise but if Kobe can come back as Kobe with Davis having another year to develop, then wow!! Kobe might have a shot at title 6.

« Reply #395 on: March 06, 2014, 04:17:24 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

2. On this site, drafting Kobe is usually going to get you grief. If this was a more competitive draft, I don't choose Kobe. I hate Kobe. Respect his game and know he is a winner but a Kobe team has to be Kobe-centric and its just hard to defend if your heart isn't into it.

Tell me about it.

Kobe is a jerk, and that's being nice.  Defending him is difficult, and lord knows I've had plenty of opportunity in the current and past.  I kind of wish he'd just go away.

« Reply #396 on: March 06, 2014, 04:30:01 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

1. Within a very short time of this draft starting Miami had their Big 3 back together and probably would be able to get a better surrounding cast than the IRL Heat. So trying to go for best team this year was going to be an effort in futility.

This is kind of how I feel.

Both Miami and Indiana have their "Big 3's" locked up and will likely be able to add better talent to those teams.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #397 on: March 06, 2014, 04:37:09 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

This is kind of how I feel.

Both Miami and Indiana have their "Big 3's" locked up and will likely be able to add better talent to those teams.
well sure, but all the other teams are also a lot better and I'm not sure I'd call Stephenson a "big" 3 and Wade is no where near the player he once was. 

Kobe is just too big a question mark especially given his age.

« Reply #398 on: March 06, 2014, 04:43:50 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Lillard, Leonard, Aldridge, Noah is my fav core right now.  Really like the balance there.

« Reply #399 on: March 06, 2014, 04:44:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Probably.

But if he does come back strong this team is very strong and if not, my guess is even without Kobe I will be able to put a better team on the floor than the IRL Pelicans.

I look at it this way, Gordon or Kobe? I don't like either player but healthy Kobe makes this team a contender, Gordon doesn't.

« Reply #400 on: March 06, 2014, 04:45:22 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
I'm not sure I'd call Stephenson a "big" 3

Kinda biased here, but I would. 14 pts, 7.5 reb, 5 ast on nearly 50% shooting and with elite defense. I'm a firm Lance believer and think he should have been an all-star.

« Reply #401 on: March 06, 2014, 04:52:14 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Probably.

But if he does come back strong this team is very strong and if not, my guess is even without Kobe I will be able to put a better team on the floor than the IRL Pelicans.

I look at it this way, Gordon or Kobe? I don't like either player but healthy Kobe makes this team a contender, Gordon doesn't.
I just don't see it for a 36 year old wing in his 18th year in the league coming off a year lost to injury.  I would be absolutely floored if Kobe is anything close to a good player again (nonetheless great).  He was never a great outside shooter and has been losing a step defensively for years, and that was before the injury.  Just don't see him as a real piece and I'm much happier to have Gordon than Bryant, both for this year, and every single year thereafter. 

« Reply #402 on: March 06, 2014, 05:41:56 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Rosters thread should be updated properly, but check my work just in case.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=69983.0

« Reply #403 on: March 06, 2014, 06:44:41 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Rosters thread should be updated properly, but check my work just in case.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=69983.0

Looks great, well done, and thanks for this.

Only thing I see is Monroe is no longer on the Pistons. TP to you sir.

« Reply #404 on: March 06, 2014, 07:23:52 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
I'm not sure I'd call Stephenson a "big" 3

Kinda biased here, but I would. 14 pts, 7.5 reb, 5 ast on nearly 50% shooting and with elite defense. I'm a firm Lance believer and think he should have been an all-star.
The defense definitely ups him from a lot of other "3" of big 3's, but I just can't compare him to say Ray Allen, Chris Bosh, or an in prime Andrew Bynum from the most recent big 3's.