Author Topic: Is Yabu a bust?  (Read 8634 times)

Re: Is Yabu a bust?
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2019, 02:28:58 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Yabusele is basically a version of Amir Johnson and Tyler Zeller. That is, salary filler for potential trades.

Those guys played real minutes. Yabu hasn't been able to crack the rotation.

Agree , amire was pretty good at times when his old body was operating correctly .   Yabu is Chinese league at best.

What's surprising to me about Yabu is he looked horrendous defensively in some of his European games. Some likened it to matador defense. However, in my opinion, he's worked hard to make himself somewhat presentable. Not saying he's great, but 100's of times better than what some of the clips showed.

Offensively, I expected him to be a lights-out 3-point shooter. Unfortunately, that part of his game never materialized.

The good news is that he's a great teammate. He's always upbeat and faithfully cheers for the team. He's warm and very likable as a person.

Re: Is Yabu a bust?
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2019, 06:55:43 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Guy hasn't been in shape since he got drafted.  That story never ends well. 

I know he was a mid-first rounder, but "bust" is usually reserved for players who you expected to give something.  I think it would be considered a surprise if he became a 6-8 rotation player despite his draft slot.