Author Topic: Anyone doing New Years Resolutions this year?  (Read 6947 times)

Anyone doing New Years Resolutions this year?
« on: December 28, 2010, 12:38:06 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
My last years was a success, but I have no idea where to go with it this year....besides the ones that never make it past January, like lose 10, 20, 30 pounds (see...that one is going in the wrong direction...).  I need something productive, but something I can accomplish.  That lets out World Peace!

Hmmm, I will think on it a couple more days.   ???
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

Re: Anyone doing New Years Resolutions this year?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 12:43:48 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Yeah, I am...mine is too quit smoking and improve my run times.  Congrats on your success last year, I hope I am as successful.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 12:46:57 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I just want to be a bit more happy. I've felt a streak of negativity (just getting worked up over little idiotic things) bother me for a long time now. It has to end!

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 12:48:44 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
It took me a long time to stop biting my nails, which I only was able to do because of an argument I had with someone about how important it was to end their addiction. Then maybe a year ago I broke one freaking nail and started biting it again.  Now my kid is starting.  I must stop. I must. I'm almost there. I think in two more weeks I'll be out of the woods

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 01:35:51 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Last year it occurred to me that I always looked for perfection in a New Years resolution...after a few failures I gave up.  So I decided to make it a year long goal, and not pass judgement on myself (another hard one to break), and that worked  much better for me.  I did fail a couple times, but the rewards of success were that much sweeter. 

A long time ago, in a particularly hard time in my life, someone gave me a sketch of a bird with a frog in its mouth, and the frog had its "hands" around the birds neck, captioned "Don't give up....don't ever give up!"  For some reason, that meant a lot to me then.  Now I am trying to bring that philosophy back into my life. 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 01:50:18 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
A long time ago, in a particularly hard time in my life, someone gave me a sketch of a bird with a frog in its mouth, and the frog had its "hands" around the birds neck, captioned "Don't give up....don't ever give up!"  For some reason, that meant a lot to me then.  Now I am trying to bring that philosophy back into my life. 

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 01:54:34 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Thanks, ACF, and TP.  You have brought a smile to my face.  And that is still a good sketch!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 02:00:36 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
Cool picture and those frog legs look mighty tasty.
My resolution this year is to pay special attention to my son, who will soon be in the grip of horrible teenage hormones. I want to enjoy him now while I can.

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 04:32:08 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I just want to be a bit more happy. I've felt a streak of negativity (just getting worked up over little idiotic things) bother me for a long time now. It has to end!

it will.  u have people in ur corner :)

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 04:33:17 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
i dont really have new yrs resolutions.  i think they are hokey and few people stick with them.  i have made two decisions to improve my life, which i started a few weeks ago.....i gave up red meat and am trying to stop swearing all together.

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 04:35:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Having just finished up 2 years of school, passed my state mandated exams, and done my student teaching I have attained a license to teach Special Needs in Massachusetts.  My New Years resolution is to find a place to do so.
Yup

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 04:36:34 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Having just finished up 2 years of school, passed my state mandated exams, and done my student teaching I have attained a license to teach Special Needs in Massachusetts.  My New Years resolution is to find a place to do so.

what area is ur license?

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 04:38:41 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

what area is ur license?

Moderate Disabilities Pre-K - 8
Yup

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 04:41:35 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Having just finished up 2 years of school, passed my state mandated exams, and done my student teaching I have attained a license to teach Special Needs in Massachusetts.  My New Years resolution is to find a place to do so.

what area is ur license?

with ur license, i would recommend looking into alternative education as opposed to public school setting.  towns/cities are constantly laying teachers off with budget cuts.  with alternative ed, there are always students to teach and a need to educate them.  in the end, a job is a job and you should take whatever u can find and gain some experience.  learning how to do it and actually doing it are two different things

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 04:43:38 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

what area is ur license?

with ur license, i would recommend looking into alternative education as opposed to public school setting.  towns/cities are constantly laying teachers off with budget cuts.  with alternative ed, there are always students to teach and a need to educate them. 

Yeh, I hear ya.  It's tight down here.  It looks like something might pan out at the school where I did my student teaching.  They need the help and I'm a good fit.  Just a matter of squeezing budgetary water out of a rock.
Yup