Author Topic: Shaq wants to be a Celtic  (Read 76680 times)

Re: Shaq wants to be a Celtic
« Reply #375 on: July 28, 2010, 01:00:41 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
25 pages of Shaq!

Have we even had a confirmed discussion yet?

This is no worse that the dozens and dozens of pages last year about Leon Powe, who we should have signed before Cleveland did because he was going to be making such a large contribution by the time the playoffs rolled around.

« Reply #376 on: July 28, 2010, 01:04:37 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
25 pages of Shaq!

Have we even had a confirmed discussion yet?

This is no worse that the dozens and dozens of pages last year about Leon Powe, who we should have signed before Cleveland did because he was going to be making such a large contribution by the time the playoffs rolled around.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that Shaq can still get us all fired up, I'm just wondering how close any of this is to actually happening. 
Yup

« Reply #377 on: July 28, 2010, 07:55:03 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Beats 25 (now 26) pages of Gerald Green...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #378 on: July 28, 2010, 08:04:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Just a thought.  But  Rudy/Pryzbilla might not possibly be a prelude to Us keeping Rudy and trading Pryzbilla to Cleveland for Shaq? Though I wouldn't mind just keep Pryzbilla.... provided the trade happens.   Makes some sense though as Shaq is not going back to Cleveland and the only center on their roster is currently Ryan Hollins.

« Reply #379 on: July 28, 2010, 08:59:24 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Just a thought.  But  Rudy/Pryzbilla might not possibly be a prelude to Us keeping Rudy and trading Pryzbilla to Cleveland for Shaq? Though I wouldn't mind just keep Pryzbilla.... provided the trade happens.   Makes some sense though as Shaq is not going back to Cleveland and the only center on their roster is currently Ryan Hollins.

I would punch Ainge in the face if he managed to somehow get Pryzbilla and traded him for Shaq.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #380 on: July 28, 2010, 08:59:26 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Just a thought.  But  Rudy/Pryzbilla might not possibly be a prelude to Us keeping Rudy and trading Pryzbilla to Cleveland for Shaq? Though I wouldn't mind just keep Pryzbilla.... provided the trade happens.   Makes some sense though as Shaq is not going back to Cleveland and the only center on their roster is currently Ryan Hollins.

I think JJ Hickson and Anderson Varejao are expected to log minutes as undersized centers in small lineups.  The team is said to want to move towards a running offense.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #381 on: July 28, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Just a thought.  But  Rudy/Pryzbilla might not possibly be a prelude to Us keeping Rudy and trading Pryzbilla to Cleveland for Shaq? Though I wouldn't mind just keep Pryzbilla.... provided the trade happens.   Makes some sense though as Shaq is not going back to Cleveland and the only center on their roster is currently Ryan Hollins.

I would punch Ainge in the face if he managed to somehow get Pryzbilla and traded him for Shaq.

"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk