Author Topic: Noah Leaving Bulls  (Read 3863 times)

Re: Noah Leaving Bulls
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2016, 01:10:01 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Is he even healthy enough to play? Healthy Noah from a few years ago would've been great for this team (high IQ, hard worker) and let's face it, our bigs could definitely use an upgrade. I'd still prefer Dwight over Joakim though.
- LilRip

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2016, 04:49:26 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I don't see much of a market for Noah. Most of the contenders already have centers. Those that don't are capped out. Suitors will be a bunch of the middle of a pack teams.

Not the way a guy like Noah should be spending his final productive yeas. He deserves better.

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2016, 04:54:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Noah will always have a place on my team. His skills might have diminished or he could have been beaten up physically due to the minutes Thibodeau played him, but he is still THE best passing center in the league, a great team and individual defender and plus rebounder. Noah playing the same minutes as Sully would mean a move forward for this team short term and probably major move forward long term if paired with a young stretch four that Noah can mentor.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:01:07 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 04:57:42 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I don't see much of a market for Noah. Most of the contenders already have centers. Those that don't are capped out. Suitors will be a bunch of the middle of a pack teams.

Not the way a guy like Noah should be spending his final productive yeas. He deserves better.

Maybe Noah sees it that way too, and opts for a short-term deal to prove his durability/market value.

Like nick, I'd very much welcome having him in Boston.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2016, 04:59:59 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If he checks out medically, I would offer Noah an Amir-structured deal with slightly bigger dollars.  IE 2 years/28m, with second year a team option.  He would add toughness and size to our interior.  And then we could move on from Sullinger and Zeller, probably using sign and trade.

That would allow us to have a starting lineup of:
1. IT
2. AB
3. Crowder
4. Johnson
5. Noah

Then whoever we draft has the time to develop without being thrown into the fire.
And we'd be really, really difficult to score on!

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2016, 05:03:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If he checks out medically, I would offer Noah an Amir-structured deal with slightly bigger dollars.  IE 2 years/28m, with second year a team option.  He would add toughness and size to our interior.  And then we could move on from Sullinger and Zeller, probably using sign and trade.

1. IT
2. AB
3. Crowder
4. Johnson
5. Noah

Then whoever we draft has the time to develop without being thrown into the fire.
I thibk if Noah comes, Amir has to go. Rather spend the money elsewhere and maybe give the starting nod to Olynyk to see if he will ever have starter potential in this league

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 05:06:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
SIGN HIM

DUMP SULLY

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2016, 05:09:55 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

1. IT
2. AB
3. Crowder
4. Johnson
5. Noah

I thibk if Noah comes, Amir has to go. Rather spend the money elsewhere and maybe give the starting nod to Olynyk to see if he will ever have starter potential in this league

Why does Amir have to go ?He was a top 3 player for us in the playoffs, he would be a great rim protector off the bench , and insurance in case Noah gets hurt .

He can't play starter mins, but he is close to an elite role player off the bench .

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2016, 05:12:01 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

1. IT
2. AB
3. Crowder
4. Johnson
5. Noah

I agree that if we get Noah, Amir can't start. If last season was any indication the C's need at least one floor spacer amongst our bigs on the court at all times. However, I don't see why we wouldn't want Amir as a bench player.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 05:12:29 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

1. IT
2. AB
3. Crowder
4. Johnson
5. Noah

Would need to look at the numbers, but I suspect that there'd be room for Amir, Noah, Jerebko, and KO.

I don't expect Sully or Zeller back (unless it's for the QO, for some reason). Mickey can be the 5th big.

Is the trigger date on Amir's contract in July, or is it mid-season? Edit: just saw it's July 3. Hmmm.

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2016, 05:15:06 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Noah would be a good signing, if no other better options present themselves.

But under no circumstances am I willing to go more than 2 years on any contract.  I don't trust his body to hold up.

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2016, 05:21:22 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Actually, if I'm Ainge, I do look to trade Amir on Draft Night, if Amir's new team looks to cut him for immediate cap savings.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q100

A team cannot reacquire a player they traded away during that season (a season being July 1 - June 30). If he is waived by his new team, then he cannot re-sign with his original team until the one-year anniversary of the trade, or until the July 1 following the end of his contract, whichever comes first. However, if a team trades a player's draft rights, they can reacquire the player during the same season.

I read the green part to mean that if Amir is cut on June 30 or earlier, it will end his current contract, making him free to sign again with Boston after July 1 (the start of the new season).