Author Topic: Rebounds last night.  (Read 1484 times)

Rebounds last night.
« on: April 11, 2009, 10:34:19 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Did anyone notice that Rondo led the Celtics with 10 rebounds and the only other person with more was Beasley with 13. So Rondo was close yeat again to a triple double, He just needed 3 more points and he only had  two turn overs.
This guy is so versatile if it wasn't for my loyalty to Paul this guy would be my favorite player on the team. His rookie season when he came from Kentucky I has seen him play on tv in college and I was excited to see him play. That same pre season I grabbed some tickets to a game at Mohegan Sun and Rondo did not disappoint, before the game started I told my freinds and the epeople sitting around me to watch this kid, that he was fast and had flare and that he was going to be a star in this league.
  Well here we are a few years later and I would say he is a star and he is more versatile than even I had ever expected. So thanks for the excitement of watching your gam and you mature.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

Re: Rebounds last night.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 10:38:26 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
He has an amazing bag of tricks, and he's constantly improving on his ability to choose the right trick at the right time.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 10:40:23 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
Now he needs to be more consistant with the jumper, which we all already know.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 11:09:01 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I've actually been extremely pleased with his jumper.  Some 3 point range would be nice eventually, but his jumper is better than expected.

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 11:14:18 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
I've actually been extremely pleased with his jumper.  Some 3 point range would be nice eventually, but his jumper is better than expected.
He has improved but I wouldn't call it consistant.
L.A. Clippers

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 11:43:18 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I still dont understand why people say this... That is not rajon rondos game, hes not looking to take jumpshots, hes always looking for his teammates, hes a pass first PG. Hes more then capable of knocking down a jumpshot, hes shown that, hes shown it in the finals on the biggest stage and hes shown it throughout this season...the bottom line is he'd rather get to the basket or create a shot for someone else then just take a jumpshot, thats makes him who he is.

As far as his rebounding, Ive noticed it a few times this season where he lead the team in rebounds...itd be interesting to know how many times it has happened
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 05:18:39 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
I still dont understand why people say this... That is not rajon rondos game, hes not looking to take jumpshots, hes always looking for his teammates, hes a pass first PG. Hes more then capable of knocking down a jumpshot, hes shown that, hes shown it in the finals on the biggest stage and hes shown it throughout this season...the bottom line is he'd rather get to the basket or create a shot for someone else then just take a jumpshot, thats makes him who he is.

As far as his rebounding, Ive noticed it a few times this season where he lead the team in rebounds...itd be interesting to know how many times it has happened
People say this because it will open up the court for other people.
Rondo consistently knocking down his jumper forces teams to cover him and this means more shots for the big three and E-House.
Now do you understand why people say this?
It also means we get more points when he does shoot it and is hitting it. Look at all the other elite guards in the league past and present, they all had this key element to their game.
L.A. Clippers

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 05:47:12 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Has anyone noticed that Mikki Moore has picked up already two fouls today?  ;)

Sticking to the original topic, what I love about Rondo is that coming off some great offensive performances he could of looked for his offense more, but was more of a distributor last night. He knows he's the point guard and balances his offense with making Paul, Ray, Perk, and Baby happy. I think Rondo has the potential to become the second best point guard ever on the Celtics.

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 07:51:14 PM »

Offline SamuelAdams

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
And Rondo missed a couple of easier layups as well.  We were so pulling for him to get those 3 points.