Author Topic: Fultz comes to Boston on Monday  (Read 7003 times)

Fultz comes to Boston on Monday
« on: June 04, 2017, 04:58:56 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Fultz comes to Boston on Monday to meet with the Celtics.
It will be his first time in the city.
"I've talked to Danny a few times, and they want to get me to come out there for a visit," Fultz said. "They just want to get a chance to know me better as a person.
"I want to be the No. 1 pick really bad. It's been a dream of mine since I was a little kid, and I feel like I would fit well in Boston."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2713604-markelle-fultz-reportedly-to-meet-with-celtics-monday-ahead-of-2017-nba-draft

Re: Fultz comes to Boston on Monday
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 05:03:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
I don't hear "I would love to play for the Celtics ", I hear " I would love to be the #1 pick"

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 05:05:34 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
I don't hear "I would love to play for the Celtics ", I hear " I would love to be the #1 pick"

The kid isn't even here yet, and Celtic fans are already criticizing him.
Sheesh.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 05:08:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715

Sheesh.

Yeah! He better get used to it ;D

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 05:08:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3007
  • On To Banner 18!

Yep, you're absolutely right.

Lets instead take the guy who "politely declined" a workout for the C's and has a dad who would wreak havoc on everyone and cause a headache.

To be fair though, I'll admit I did read his comments that way, but I mean unless you're from the city, I don't think many previous #1 hopefuls said, "I'd absolutely love to play for this organization/city only.."
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 05:09:36 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Sheesh.
Fultz is a true TRIPLE THREAT and a killer....we will love him.

Personally, I can't wait to see Fultz and Brown kill it this coming season.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 05:11:30 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Lets instead take the guy who "politely declined" a workout for the C's and has a dad who would wreak havoc on everyone and cause a headache.

To be fair though, I'll admit I did read his comments that way, but I mean unless you're from the city, I don't think many previous #1 hopefuls said, "I'd absolutely love to play for this organization/city only.."

I thought he was being humble. He is friends with IT for Christ s sake.

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 05:14:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I thought he was being humble. He is friends with IT for Christ s sake.

Yeah that's what I mean.

To defend Fultz, did Towns say, "I want to go to Minnesota" right after they got pick #1, or Simmons after Philly got #1? No, but they said they hope they can be #1 picks. Same thing applies here.

And Fultz has said he'd love to play alongside IT and in Boston.

To me, that also makes IT untouchable for now, if Fultz really wants to play alongside him.

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 05:15:19 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2947
Interesting. So it's a two-day visit with meetings and everything on Monday and the actual workout on Tuesday. That's not the norm for Boston is it?

Danny must want a good long look at Markelle before being sure in his decision! Love it! Hopefully he tweets a "Celtic Pride" tweet similar to how Simmons tweeted out a "Trust the Process" tweet after his Philly workout last year, which would intimate a draft promise from Danny!

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 05:18:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Interesting. So it's a two-day visit with meetings and everything on Monday and the actual workout on Tuesday. That's not the norm for Boston is it?

Danny must want a good long look at Markelle before being sure in his decision! Love it! Hopefully he tweets a "Celtic Pride" tweet similar to how Simmons tweeted out a "Trust the Process" tweet after his Philly workout last year, which would intimate a draft promise from Danny!

Kind of hope Ainge also tweets, "Who's a Big Baller? NOT ME"  :laugh:

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 05:19:20 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Sheesh.

Yeah, he's said before the lottery that he thought he'd fit in well with the C's and he thought him and Thomas would play well together. So unless DA has let them in that he's trading both of them for AD and they'll be playing for NO, he's fine with being a Celtic.

It's hard for these kids to WANT to play for some one they've never really met. So unless it's their favorite team, they aren't going to be jumping up and down for team X who happens to get the #1. Plus many things can happen, and he could start drooling all over the C's and saying how much he wants to play for them, and then on draft night he gets traded, which is a legit possibility.

But I wont be surprised if after the meeting he raves about the organization. That seems to be the key, get them interested, and then win them over. It's the C's strong suit, winning players over in FA or trades....Except KD, he's just a stupid head. :P

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 05:24:04 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja

Just curious about the thinking here, why would ainge give a draft promise to Fultz?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 06:17:01 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2947

Just curious about the thinking here, why would ainge give a draft promise to Fultz?

Well, I'm not really meaning a "draft promise" that usually occurs for players later in the draft. I'm meaning just intimating to Fultz that we're going to take him with the first pick.

If we do that, then usually that means they don't workout for any other teams to not risk injury or anything. Didn't Simmons do that last year after working out with Philly?

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 07:31:46 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100

Well, I'm not really meaning a "draft promise" that usually occurs for players later in the draft. I'm meaning just intimating to Fultz that we're going to take him with the first pick.

If we do that, then usually that means they don't workout for any other teams to not risk injury or anything. Didn't Simmons do that last year after working out with Philly?

The injury thing is exactly it. I mean, its fairly rare to get injured during workouts for a team, but if Boston tells Markelle that he is going number 1, then he shuts down his workouts and we'll see you in the summer league.

Just as I was typing that, I got realllllly excited about seeing Fultz and Jaylen together in the summer league.

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2017, 07:51:21 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Every one of these guys knows that they can be traded on draft night.  Give me a break.