Author Topic: If KG is suspended, who starts?  (Read 16213 times)

Re: If KG is suspended, who starts?
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2010, 02:48:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
Forsberg just tweeted that Baby is practicing with the starters for now. Still not set in stone, but it definitely tells you which way Doc is leaning.

I like it that way because Sheed probably has the best shot at covering both positions vs. the Heat.

Well, Sheed is also the backup center so if they're practicing 5 on 5, I think Sheed would be more useful playing against Perk. But we'll see, I think we'll indeed go with Baby though I'd go with Sheed. We need better spacing with our starters with KG gone, and Baby and Perk are bad post passers.

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2010, 02:50:57 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Forsberg just tweeted that Baby is practicing with the starters for now. Still not set in stone, but it definitely tells you which way Doc is leaning.
Well he certainly had a better game than Sheed on Saturday.

Hopefully he brings his second half energy level right from the start.

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Sheed. Not even a question. He is BY FAR the most talented big we have out there.

Uh, have you even WATCHED a game this season?

He said talented, not hardest-working.  Sheed's skill set dwarfs any big on the team not named KG.  That's why so many coaches and teammates have put up with his bull over the years.

You might have marveled at Sheeds "skill set" 5 or 6 years ago, but today?  That he might theoretically still be able to do the things he did 5 or 6 years ago means nothing if he never actually does any of those things.  Sheed has had a couple of great nights shooting from the arc and a game or two where he played great defense against DHoward.  In about 60 to 70 other games this year, Sheed hasn't looked much better than Shelden Williams.

Mike

« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2010, 02:58:05 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Anyone but Scal. Also, do you think Scalabrine will get any playing time at all in these playoffs? I mean, it might make a post-season press interview a little more relevant if Scal actually played in some of the games that he was commenting on...just saying.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »

Offline MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Looks like Big Baby will start. Good decision by Doc IMO if that's the case.

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2010, 03:39:49 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Sheed. Not even a question. He is BY FAR the most talented big we have out there.

Uh, have you even WATCHED a game this season?

He said talented, not hardest-working.  Sheed's skill set dwarfs any big on the team not named KG.  That's why so many coaches and teammates have put up with his bull over the years.

You might have marveled at Sheeds "skill set" 5 or 6 years ago, but today?  That he might theoretically still be able to do the things he did 5 or 6 years ago means nothing if he never actually does any of those things.  Sheed has had a couple of great nights shooting from the arc and a game or two where he played great defense against DHoward.  In about 60 to 70 other games this year, Sheed hasn't looked much better than Shelden Williams.

This is performance, not talent.  We're arguing two different things. 

Looks like Doc wants Baby on the perimeter against Beasley and Sheed coming off the bench to guard O'Neal and Anthony in the paint.  Makes sense, though I still hope we look to go small with Pierce at the 4 on occasion.

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2010, 03:40:29 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
He always has the energy.  The results are mixed though which appears to be case for every player that ever played in the NBA not named Lebron James.  

I'm not sure it's a good or bad move.  I'm more anxious to see who finishes the game.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2010, 04:56:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I saw the video on Loy's but I just watched the ending of the game on nesn....absurd. They need to talk to the Bruins about what happens when you let other teams abuse you and you don't respond.

It's simple. You start that new kid or Scala in the next game. You make sure everyone knows ahead of time that after the planned incident everyone act like Ghandi, so nobody gets suspended. Nobody leaves the bench. Then whoever the first Heat player is to get a layup situation or a dunk in the air gets fouled so hard that his momma and even his dad that never saw him feels it.

We lose our guy, you lose yours...that simple.

« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2010, 10:22:35 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Does Doc start Sheed or Baby in his place?

Regardless of who starts, the very fact that the Cs have this "dilemma" highlights the fact that the bench is deep.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2010, 10:24:54 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
My question is who finished?  I have a feeling Big Baby is going to clothesline someone, and be hit with a flagrant 2, and tossed from the game. 

« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2010, 10:49:00 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
My question is who finished?  I have a feeling Big Baby is going to clothesline someone, and be hit with a flagrant 2, and tossed from the game. 

Who ever is playing better?

« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2010, 10:50:32 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Actually, I am hoping for Scali and Williams.

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2010, 10:53:55 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Scal!
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2010, 10:54:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Actually, I am hoping for Scali and Williams.
Yeah it'd be nice to blow out Miami without KG.

I don't think that'll happen though. Not unless PP/Rajon/Ray all stroke it on the offensive side of the ball.

« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2010, 10:56:27 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I saw the video on Loy's but I just watched the ending of the game on nesn....absurd. They need to talk to the Bruins about what happens when you let other teams abuse you and you don't respond.

It's simple. You start that new kid or Scala in the next game. You make sure everyone knows ahead of time that after the planned incident everyone act like Ghandi, so nobody gets suspended. Nobody leaves the bench. Then whoever the first Heat player is to get a layup situation or a dunk in the air gets fouled so hard that his momma and even his dad that never saw him feels it.

We lose our guy, you lose yours...that simple.

If a guy comes in from the deep bench and attacks a Heat player, Doc would be suspended and the team would get a massive fine.  And the guy who does it (it'd have to be Shelden or Scal, since Gaffney's not active) loses a ton of paycheck money while suspended for much if not all of the playoffs.  Plus the Heat immediately start looking to cheapshot and injure our guys. 

These revenge fantasy scenarios always sound better on paper than they would actually play out in real life.