Author Topic: Tony Allen probably out against the Pacers  (Read 4272 times)

Re: Tony Allen probably out against the Pacers
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 11:41:28 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
We've been so giddy about Rondo these last few weeks that we tend to forget about Tony Allen.  I think just like the teams play reflects on how well Rondo is playing (being aggressive or not), I think the same goes for Tony Allen and the 2nd unit.  Whenever Tony is not playing well, not being aggressive, then the 2nd unit seems a bit out of sync.  I think this was a bit obvious when the 2nd unit wasn't playing well against Orlando in the 2nd quarter, then on the 3rd or 4th quarter, Tony started being more aggressive and taking it to the hoop and the 2nd unit started playing better, keeping the league and somewhat even extending it.  Also, he's been playing very good defense, putting a hand on the ball all the time without losing position.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
We've been so giddy about Rondo these last few weeks that we tend to forget about Tony Allen.  I think just like the teams play reflects on how well Rondo is playing (being aggressive or not), I think the same goes for Tony Allen and the 2nd unit.  Whenever Tony is not playing well, not being aggressive, then the 2nd unit seems a bit out of sync.  I think this was a bit obvious when the 2nd unit wasn't playing well against Orlando in the 2nd quarter, then on the 3rd or 4th quarter, Tony started being more aggressive and taking it to the hoop and the 2nd unit started playing better, keeping the league and somewhat even extending it.  Also, he's been playing very good defense, putting a hand on the ball all the time without losing position.
yep, tony has been playing great.  Much more consistent on a nightly basis than I expected.

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 11:51:52 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
From the reports coming from the D League it looks like Giddens is playing better basketball than Walker.  Would we be comfortable bringing him up?  Or should we stick with the guy who looked better playing with this roster during the preseason?

problem is that granger is such a problem, i'd feel more comfortable with a longer SF type than giddens.

though really, as pointed out, either one would be fine.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 11:53:59 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Yeah, Granger is a tough one.  I wouldn't want Walker guarding him either.  Scal might be the guy!