Author Topic: Perk Consipiracy  (Read 3398 times)

Perk Consipiracy
« on: December 02, 2008, 10:31:05 AM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
Alright, I figured out the Perk Technical problem.  After last nights phantom T on our big guy I am convinced that the goal is for him to pick up 16 right before the Lakers game on Christmas.  That way Bynum (The savior) can then dominate the middle on national television as he has been advertised to do.  This will then make the public feel the Lakers have a chance in June when we inevitably will meet, and beat them again.

It's all a ploy for the finals ratings...

I feel better now that I know there is a reason for the phantom calls and Double Ts. 

Hope this helps others too....

Re: Perk Consipiracy
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Alright, I figured out the Perk Technical problem.  After last nights phantom T on our big guy I am convinced that the goal is for him to pick up 16 right before the Lakers game on Christmas.  That way Bynum (The savior) can then dominate the middle on national television as he has been advertised to do.  This will then make the public feel the Lakers have a chance in June when we inevitably will meet, and beat them again.

I feel better now that I know there is a reason for the phantom calls and Double Ts. 

Bold statement. However, with the current state of NBA officiating, I'll believe anything.

That being said, is Perk REALLY the key to victory for the Celtics? The KG, PP, Ray Ray, Rondo Celtics? Perk is the guy that holds it all together? Sounds like a script only the NBA could write.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 10:44:39 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Bold statement. However, with the current state of NBA officiating, I'll believe anything.

That being said, is Perk REALLY the key to victory for the Celtics? The KG, PP, Ray Ray, Rondo Celtics? Perk is the guy that holds it all together? Sounds like a script only the NBA could write.

you think big baby and leon can play bynum for 40 minutes?

Perk is no superstar, but he's a rock inside against big physical centers, and with no PJ brown on the bench, we are short on backups.

That being said, Its not a conspracy, its a reputation thing.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 10:50:07 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

Perk is no superstar, but he's a rock inside against big physical centers, and with no PJ brown on the bench, we are short on backups.

Your last sentence said all I was trying to say. I understand his role as well as anyone, he's a bruiser designed to get a couple blocks and many rebounds a game. He's a cog, but certainly not the key, and if there was truly a "conspiracy," most likely Perk wouldn't be the target. Perk is young, not quite established to the mainstream NBA, and just had an early habit of opening his mouth that referees still, for better or worse, hold steadfast to. No one reevaluates their opinions of players less then NBA referees, except for a few CB posters of course.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 10:58:06 AM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
There's no conspiracy like the Perkisabeast guys would like you to believe, but he definitely gets more attention because of all the yapping and contact in our frontcourt, and the fact that the refs are legitimately terrified of KG.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 11:31:46 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
There's no conspiracy like the Perkisabeast guys would like you to believe, but he definitely gets more attention because of all the yapping and contact in our frontcourt, and the fact that the refs are legitimately terrified of KG.

I think we're all a bit terrified of KG.  No conspiracy but, when Rondo gets a Tech I start to wonder if these T's are more designed to keep the C's in check.  They are running rough shot over the league and they have no problem telling people about it.  I love their attitudes but, I bet several teams (see Toronto) have complained about it.  I also think a lot if it due to how teams are playing against the C's.  For instance Lewis showed more heart last night then I've seen from the guy his whole career.  Playing the Champs will cause teams to try and prove themselves and some of our guys aren't handling it as well as they could.  I still see it as no big deal.  Heaven forbid Perk might have to sit 1 game if he gets 7 more Techs.  The counter resets at the start of the Playoffs.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 12:59:18 PM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
Just to be clear, I meant this as a Joke.  Perk has earned the majority of his Techs.  I do hate the double T crap, but Perk needs to reign it in.

I do believe it would hurt to miss Perk (see game 5 of the finals).  Plus that would put more wear and tear on KG down low.

My big concern is that once he hits 16, we will then be missing Perk for a game every time he gets another, weather he earns it or it is a stupid double T to "keep control" of the game. 

At this rate he could miss 10 games!!!

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 02:09:05 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
imagine in perk was suspended becuase of techs, and POB dominated bynum.... just think about it.

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 02:39:14 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

All anyone needs to know about how important Perk is to this team is rewatch the Houston and Orlando games from this year. He outplayed Yao and played Dwight Howard to a standstill. perk isn't a game changing dominating guy but what he does do is play big time basketball against big time big guys and will almost never be completely outclassed by an opposing center.

And that's what this team needs, to have Perk negate whatever advantages the other teams feel they have at the five spot. Perk will hardly ever be the reason the Celtics win a game but he will hardly be the reason the Celtics lose either. He is an equalizer and so far this year he is beginning to emerge as one of the best defensive centers in the league.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 12:09:57 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
bought a perk jersey last night.

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 04:02:36 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Just to be clear, I meant this as a Joke.  Perk has earned the majority of his Techs.  I do hate the double T crap, but Perk needs to reign it in.

I do believe it would hurt to miss Perk (see game 5 of the finals).  Plus that would put more wear and tear on KG down low.

My big concern is that once he hits 16, we will then be missing Perk for a game every time he gets another, weather he earns it or it is a stupid double T to "keep control" of the game. 

At this rate he could miss 10 games!!!

TP, firstly, but i was completely unaware of the rule that penalises you a game for every tech foul you recieve after your 16th tech.

This rule is ridiculous.  Its a bloody outrage, it is.

And, as you mentioned, those double T's they issue just to keep the peace is a joke too. 

This is a pretty big concern for the C's moving forward.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 08:15:06 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
He's had a few that were bogus. Last games and one against Toronto.