Author Topic: Why do we love to build you up, only to tear you down.  (Read 1117 times)

Why do we love to build you up, only to tear you down.
« on: October 30, 2008, 12:43:36 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

After watching the Marin Jones Segment on ESPN. I got to thinking, that seems like our favorite thing to do in this country.

There is so much pressure from everyone around you to be great at something. Picture what it was like to be Marion. All your family and friends, most of whom probably have little, but have the one hope, of someone they knew to be Outstanding. That is to Stand Out from the rest of the Pack.

Wouldn't you do it too?? I think I would. I still feel like I'm Not living up to expectations in life. And I don't know what exactly it would take to meet these Unrealistic expectations of what I feel I should achieve.

Back to the point. Look at all the athletes we have done this to. Vince Young. Greatest ever. Now he's a Loser. A Rod Greatest shortstop ever. Now Can't get the big hit, cheats on his wife, ruining the Yankees.

How about Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa. We were all on love with the moment, only for it to be torn down once again.

And the Ultimate Hero to Villain Story. The New England Patriots. I mean Tom Was a God's gift to the earth we played the Ultimate Team Game. We were the model franchise of the NFL.

And then Spygate. Come on. Now there cheaters and liars and Won three championships because they cheated. To me it never ends.
The plan. To Build you up to heights you never thought possible then
To Tear you down and bring you Lower than you thought possible.
And if your lucky Like Kobe Bryant, Or maybe Mike Vick. You will get another shot at it.

Because we Like comebacks too.