Author Topic: NFL Divisional Playoff Weekend  (Read 31855 times)

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Weekend
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2010, 11:22:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Norv should lose his job for this game.  If he doesnt do kick an onside kick and just kick off the Jets cant risk going for it on 4th down backed way down in their own territory.  Theyd have to punt.

True that.  The only way I can defend Turner is if he didn't trust Kaeding to hit a long field goal, and was hoping to get the ball back for a chance at a TD.

I think it was a dumb decision, though.  If they'd kicked deep, they would have probably got the ball back with about 1:30 left, starting from at least their 35 yard line.  Not smart.  If I was San Diego, I'd give Bill Cowher whatever he wanted to come coach the team.

When do they stop blaming the coach and start looking at the makeup of the team?  Let's not act like it is just Norv.  This team underperformed under Marty as well in the playoffs. 

Norv Turner gave LT 15 touches, and Sproles only 6 + returns.

That alone makes me question whether or not he should stay.
But he didn't make his pro-bowl kicker miss three kicks.  A kicker that has choked in the past in the playoffs. 
True, but when you have a superior team you need to score enough to make sure that kicks don't sink your season.

9 extra touches for Sproles could have meant another scoring chance.

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Weekend
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2010, 11:26:11 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Norv should lose his job for this game.  If he doesnt do kick an onside kick and just kick off the Jets cant risk going for it on 4th down backed way down in their own territory.  Theyd have to punt.

True that.  The only way I can defend Turner is if he didn't trust Kaeding to hit a long field goal, and was hoping to get the ball back for a chance at a TD.

I think it was a dumb decision, though.  If they'd kicked deep, they would have probably got the ball back with about 1:30 left, starting from at least their 35 yard line.  Not smart.  If I was San Diego, I'd give Bill Cowher whatever he wanted to come coach the team.

When do they stop blaming the coach and start looking at the makeup of the team?  Let's not act like it is just Norv.  This team underperformed under Marty as well in the playoffs. 

Norv Turner gave LT 15 touches, and Sproles only 6 + returns.

That alone makes me question whether or not he should stay.
But he didn't make his pro-bowl kicker miss three kicks.  A kicker that has choked in the past in the playoffs. 
True, but when you have a superior team you need to score enough to make sure that kicks don't sink your season.

9 extra touches for Sproles could have meant another scoring chance.

Possible. 

But lets give credit to the Jets defense as well.  They were ranked number one for a reason.  Not to many teams can attack the front while still covering deep.