Author Topic: Worst excuse for a "columnist": Ron Borges  (Read 6555 times)

Re: Worst excuse for a "columnist": Ron Borges
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 10:41:42 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Is it just me or are some of the media quite happy to take the opportunity to take a dump on Belichek right now because he doesn't treat them like they're special? I mostly see it in the Herald, but I don't know about the Globe I don't feel like I'm hearing it as much on the radio

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 10:45:30 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Is it just me or are some of the media quite happy to take the opportunity to take a dump on Belichek right now because he doesn't treat them like they're special? I mostly see it in the Herald, but I don't know about the Globe I don't feel like I'm hearing it as much on the radio

Oh, no doubt.  A lot of the media, both local & national, are savoring this moment to take shots at the Patriots and Belichick, in particular.  Guys who've felt spurned by Belichick in the past are going to use this opportunity to take shots at him.

The Patriots are a team that a lot of people love to hate. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 10:53:10 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
It doesn't schock me so much. It's just that a lot of it seems like it's at least partly because he doesn't act like he loves the media or get into enough drama for them. It's like Ok...he doesn't smile enough or say how wonderful you are and how incredibly knowledgeable you are about football....why don't you go write a bad column about him.

I think Belichek could do the media's job way better than they could do his.