Author Topic: are the pats on the verge of imploding?  (Read 26500 times)

Re: are the pats on the verge of imploding?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 04:01:02 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4731146
"Real frustrating. But it is what it is," Thomas said. "One thing about being a professional, there are good things and bad things. So you know there are a lot of things you can say or whatever. It's just not a good time. I don't want people to think -- it was put out there like I just didn't show up or didn't have a reason, and nobody knew. That's not true. That's not the case at all. That being the case, I was trying to be a professional and let them know traffic is bad and I might not make it on time. After you do that, there is nothing else you can really do."

Moss didn't talk to the media while the locker room was open.

"This is the difference between Randy Moss and Adalius Thomas" are the words I keep repeating to myself in my head.

I'm hoping that Randy Moss's silence is because he realizes that he was in the wrong.  This could be a turning point for Moss.  Let's just hope it's in the right direction

Moss rarely talks to the media to begin with. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 04:01:30 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
I guess he really wants to play in LA next year.

For the LA Express of the New USFL?

Worse-the raiders

You know the Raiders don't play in LA anymore. :)

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm sticking with my "Bill's going to step down after this season" theory.
Yup

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 04:06:35 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574

I don't see him going out on a sour note. I can see him rebuilding this team, and I don't think they are that far off now, than retiring.

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 04:13:18 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
I don't think they are on the verge of imploding, I think they are just being exposed for what they really are: A slightly better than average NFL team with only three players remaining from the Championship days.

Things have been truly rough recently (for the first time in many many years, and we should be fortunate for that) but our first rough patch in years shouldn't be perceived as us about to "implode."

The sky will not fall, the Patriots will probably make the playoffs, they'll eventually lose in the playoffs and come back hopefully an improved team next year.

It is what it is, and we shouldn't look at a 7 win 5 loss Patriots team as being in the midst of a disaster.

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 04:14:49 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

no way...he was just gushing like 1-2 weeks ago about how much he loves what he does, doesnt consider it work, and couldnt imagine doing anything else. 

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 04:22:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Over-reaction here. I mean, let's face facts, Adalius Thomas has been in Belichick's dog house for quite some time. He was in active for a game earlier this year while the Pats were playing well. Of course he's going to be one of the guys late on a snow day and, of course he's going to be the only guy speaking out.

This type of discipline on Belichick's part is common. Anyone remember what he did to Richard Seymour after Seymour arrived late from, I think, one of his parent's funeral? He benched him. This was his best defensive player and his defensive captain.

Again, this is all a major over-reaction based on the media and fan base not being used to the fact that this team never loses two games in a row and that this team never loses 3 of 4 games. When they finish the year 11-5 and then lose in the second round of the playoffs, all will be back to normal as people dream about a free agent year without a cap and the NFL draft once again.

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 04:36:36 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I consider myself a huge pats fan and an optimistic one at that. However, they are most certainly on the verge of imploding. If they lose this next game Sunday they will not make the playoffs and will have imploded.
The game is Sunday so you could say they are on the verge of playing a game. If they are on the verge of playing a game they must win and then lose they are currently on the verge of imploding.
Not sure if that was easy to follow but it made sense in my head.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 04:49:04 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think the media is making this much more of a story than it really is.  Yes, the team is on a 2 game losing streak.  That's called a "slump".  This team still has enough veteran leadership that I think they'll bounce back.  Belichick seems to know how to push these guys' buttons. 

They have four very winnable games ahead of them and I see no reason why they can't "right the ship".   

If they lay an egg to a pretty pathetic Panthers squad, then I'll have real reason for concern. 

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
"I didn’t know it was going to snow."

Really?  What a dumb Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..  Aren't the Pats supposed to be filled with guys who are always prepared for whatever circumstances come their way, and this guy's clueless that we're about to great a freakin' blizzard?

AD's done.  Belichick's been frustrated with him all year, he's just nowhere near good enough on the field to justify the headaches. 

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 05:05:06 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I think the media is making this much more of a story than it really is.  Yes, the team is on a 2 game losing streak.  That's called a "slump".  This team still has enough veteran leadership that I think they'll bounce back.  Belichick seems to know how to push these guys' buttons. 

They have four very winnable games ahead of them and I see no reason why they can't "right the ship".   

If they lay an egg to a pretty pathetic Panthers squad, then I'll have real reason for concern. 

The pats realistically need to win all of their remaining games.  if the Dolphins win out (realistic, they have an easy schedule), and the pats lose one game, the dolphins take the division (by way of tie breaker).

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 05:12:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

The pats realistically need to win all of their remaining games.  if the Dolphins win out (realistic, they have an easy schedule), and the pats lose one game, the dolphins take the division (by way of tie breaker).

Miami still has to go on the road to Tennessee and might be playing a very desperate Pittsburgh team at home on the last game of the season.  I wouldn't exactly call that an easy schedule in my book.

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 05:32:57 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
I guess he really wants to play in LA next year.

For the LA Express of the New USFL?

Worse-the raiders

You know the Raiders don't play in LA anymore. :)

Right, thats my mental laps for the day :P

I think you all are overreacting a bit. Anything can happen with that team once it make the playoffs. NE is  a good team and I wouldn't count them out yet. My team is 10-2 and I dont know how much better I feel about their chances than all of you do about NE. If NE can pull it together come playoff time they can do it. Remember you should have beaten the colts but had a bad last series to decide it. If you had been blown out I would say there would be more to worry about. The real team you need to worry about is sd as I think they will be in the sb if they get by the pats, but then lose to Favre of course.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 05:40:53 PM by angryguy77 »
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2009, 05:57:21 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I don't know. It's tough to play for a coach that is a robot, and that's exactly what Belichick is. They used to have that aura of invincibility, but that wall has been broken down in the past couple of years. Everything is great when you are winning, but then when the losses start piling on, it's tougher to be motivated to play for your coach when he shows no emotions. It could go either way, imo.

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2009, 07:35:17 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I hope so.

As a Fins fan, I still think the Patriots are likely going to win the division just because the division is mediocre and the Fins have still have some challenging games ahead. The Fins also don't have Brown, which changes that they do fundamentally at a time of the year when the weather makes a battering running game is particularly effective.

If Henne can continue to play well, they have a chance. But the Fins receivers are still extremely weak. Taylor and Porter are of questionable health, and the secondary is very inexperienced.

I see the Patriots making the playoffs, but not doing much there.