Author Topic: College football 2009  (Read 110583 times)

College football 2009
« on: September 07, 2009, 10:10:11 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
So the Mountain West conference is the best conference in the county...again, and don't have an auto BCS bid of course.

Thank you Navy for putting the fear of God into Ohio St in front of 100,000 fans in Columbus Ohio.  There's just something excellent about a school with the highest average SAT scores in the country boarding a plane with a bunch of players that will be going to Iraq and Afghanistan soon who play for a team that can barely recruit, flying half way across the country and almost beating the #6 team in the country who annually sends a half dozen players to the NFL.  Either Navy is a top 15 team or Ohio State and their sophomore Qb is overrated.  That's why they play the games.

BYU clearly is the #1 team in the country in the ballroom dancing portion of the season. If the NFL doesn't work out Broadway beckons. Just goes to show you that when you have 80 young men that aren't allowed to drink, party, have girls in the rooms, or do anything that we take for granted you end up with this....

Super...femininely artistic. Yes. Very feminine and artistic.  Rather Truman Kapoteish if he played football

Re: College football 2009
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 11:51:11 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
It kinda seems like nobody wants it this year

Also I will never be satisfied with college football until there's a chance that we get a TCU vs Boise St championship game.

The reason is that the top teams in the WAC and MTWest are BETTER than the top teams in the ACC, Big East, and possibly Big Ten.  Probably not the Big 12, Pac Ten, or SEC, but even then.  Last year Utah wasn't just a little better than Alabama. They were a LOT better.  And Oklahoma has been beat by BYU and Boise St in recent years. How many times does this have to happen?

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 08:29:39 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Tim Tebow is still the man. There's only about 15 players I'm going to tell my kid about and he's one of them

Duke is 3-3. I love that. Idaho is 5-1 and one more win from bowl eligibility. Awesome

FSU is 2-4 and I couldn't be happier

The rankings are messed up. There's no way 5-1 PSU with a bunch of cream puffs should be 15th, but Wisconsin which is also 5-1 should be unranked

LSU and Florida are so athletic last night was the first time I ever watched a game and thought "they're both just way too fast".  Sometimes i think you can be so fast that you don't go anywhere or get anything done. The field is only 100 yards long. If Usain Bolt outruns the ball there's no point.

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 08:39:10 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Tim Tebow is still the man. There's only about 15 players I'm going to tell my kid about and he's one of them

Duke is 3-3. I love that. Idaho is 5-1 and one more win from bowl eligibility. Awesome

FSU is 2-4 and I couldn't be happier

The rankings are messed up. There's no way 5-1 PSU with a bunch of cream puffs should be 15th, but Wisconsin which is also 5-1 should be unranked

LSU and Florida are so athletic last night was the first time I ever watched a game and thought "they're both just way too fast".  Sometimes i think you can be so fast that you don't go anywhere or get anything done. The field is only 100 yards long. If Usain Bolt outruns the ball there's no point.

Totally ... that kid (Tebow) was not just brilliant last night, but showed again why he's above and apart from the average "star" college QB ... amazing! (And after the injury last week, I seriously doubted he'd be back for at least a month). Been a while since I've seen a score-fest like LSU/Florida, too ... what happened to the defensive game? Ouch!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 08:35:01 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Well Boise St is undefeated again and in the top 5. Surprise surprise. This is the week the BCS standings come out. It will be interesting to see how they get screwed again.

The BCS - almost as corrupt as congress, only they preside over something more fun
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:45:52 AM by eja117 »

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 08:39:56 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
How about BC... Picked to finish last in the ACC and now they are fighting for the Atlantic division title.  Big game this week against NC State!!!

And sure they got smoked by VT last week, but making it to the title game and losing is a huge accomplishment when you are preseason picked to finish last.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 08:44:24 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Well Boise St in undefeated again and in the top 5. Surprise surprise. This is the week the BCS standings come out. It will be interesting to see how they get screwed again.

The BCS - almost as corrupt as congress, only they preside over something more fun

I agree, (unfortunately) ... the system needs a major overhaul ... these kinds of injustices have been going on now for many years, and it can't continue. On a positive note, I think enough of the "right" people are fed up to the point of precipitating some changes ... and soon! I love this Boise State team, and they deserve a better shake than they're getting now. (TP)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 08:50:00 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Well Boise St in undefeated again and in the top 5. Surprise surprise. This is the week the BCS standings come out. It will be interesting to see how they get screwed again.

I agree, (unfortunately) ... the system needs a major overhaul ... these kinds of injustices have been going on now for many years, and it can't continue. On a positive note, I think enough of the "right" people are fed up to the point of precipitating some changes ... and soon! I love this Boise State team, and they deserve a better shake than they're getting now. (TP)

If I'm Utah last year or Boise St a few years ago when they beat Oklahoma i just woulda made asses out of myself and proclaimed ourselves national champions. I woulda been like "Congrats to whatever team wins the game next week cause being number 2 is an excellent achievement. Too bad they aren't undefeated or even that good really, but #2 is something to be proud of."

Seeing as how the national championship game is a few days later I would have stolen as much thunder as I could. I woulda given all the players cheap national championship rings and had a national championship parade on campus and put up a huge sign that said 2008 National Champions, and made a very similar fake national championship trophy.

The BCS must be undermined.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 01:25:22 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Oklahoma is giving Colt and Texas all they can handle today and more. Kinda saw this coming with the improvements to the Sooners' defense this fall. Score is 6 to zip, Oklahoma, in the second quarter.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 01:35:51 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Oklahoma is giving Colt and Texas all they can handle today and more. Kinda saw this coming with the improvements to the Sooners' defense this fall. Score is 6 to zip, Oklahoma, in the second quarter.

I think Texas is overrated.  To me, the two best teams (hands down) are Florida and Alabama, not necessarily in that order.

(While I've always been a Huskers fan, I've always had a soft sport in my heart for the Crimson Tide, too.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 01:37:12 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
REALLY stupid foul by Kirkendoll ... wow! Next play, the Official is knocked on his butt, there's a fumble by Oklahoma, picked up by Texas, and fumbled by Texas at goal line ... strange play, and this will probably be a touchback, not a touchdown ... wow! They're gonna be reviewing this for 20 minutes!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 01:40:26 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I think Texas is overrated.  To me, the two best teams (hands down) are Florida and Alabama, not necessarily in that order.

(While I've always been a Huskers fan, I've always had a soft sport in my heart for the Crimson Tide, too.)

WAY overrated ... I would love to see the Sooners win this. I'm really a bit tired of the Colt McCoy hype.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 01:53:25 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wow ... Colt fumbles at the 5 yard line ... called a touchback recovered by Oklahoma ... I think they'll review this. (Crosses fingers) This has been an exciting game so far.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 01:55:24 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Wow ... Colt fumbles at the 5 yard line ... called a touchback recovered by Oklahoma ... I think they'll review this. (Crosses fingers)

Yeah, I think it's hard to get on his case too much, since it was a good, tough play, but I'm glad to see it happen.

(I'd love to see both these teams lose.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 01:59:51 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wow ... Colt fumbles at the 5 yard line ... called a touchback recovered by Oklahoma ... I think they'll review this. (Crosses fingers)

Yeah, I think it's hard to get on his case too much, since it was a good, tough play, but I'm glad to see it happen.

(I'd love to see both these teams lose.)

Lol ... yeah ... it's definitely a "lesser of two evils" thing for me, too! ;) Up to that point it was a great play by McCoy ... you don't see that QB Draw play run successfully much anymore, but it's beautiful when it works.

* BAHKU MUSIC *