Author Topic: Tom Brady Out for the Season  (Read 31518 times)

Re: Tom Brady
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 07:31:58 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201

AS OF 7:30 PM

The Boston Herald is reporting that players around the leauge are hearing its a torn ACL.

If this is true, it's devistating news for the team.  Here's hoping it's not.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 07:39:57 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
If it's the ACL, the Pat's better be on the phone with (gulp) Chris Simms' agent.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 07:40:23 PM »

Offline Can97

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 07:41:18 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
I honestly wasn't concerned when Brady didn't come back at the start of the second half.  It's the first game of the season and we were playing the Kansas City Chiefs.  There was no reason for him to jeopardize anything more today.

If this ACL thing is true though, then with Matt Cassell as the QB, then I think we win 10 games just cause of the talent on the rest of the team. It's going to be a struggle though.

I assumed it wasn't an ACL when he walked off the field under his own power.  But someone told me that Carson Palmer did the same thing the year he tore his ACL against the Steelers, the year the Steelers won the super bowl.  Can someone confirm that?  Cause I don't remember Palmer walking off the field himself.

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 07:41:21 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
rat farts :(
Yup

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 07:41:56 PM »

Offline Can97

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
I am in complete shock right now...We just ALWAYS see him bounce right back up,I'm devastated.

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 07:48:02 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Wow...  that certainly levels the playing field this year.  It's possible (although unlikely) that they'll go from 16-0 to missing the playoffs.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 07:51:45 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

Am I the only one sick and tired of Tom Brady "the celeb"? 

Love the QB, just like the rest of everyone, but I OD'ed on all the commercials and the off field BS.  And in my mind, the thing is, he brings this disdain on himself. Anyone see the Globe sports section today (No, not the front page of the Globe with the Brady article); page 3 has Brady in two NetJets ads. 

I have no problem with the dude having it, but I am a bit tired of him flaunting it.  Jealous...not a chance, I begrudge him not a single cent, nor a single babe...it's just that in this economy and in this "blue collar" area, it doesn't sit well.

Anyone else feel this way or am I off base?

I don't think you are necessarily 'off-base' about Brady receiving celebrity attention ad nauseum, though it seems I see Peyton and Eli promoting products 10 times more often than Tom.  However, my guess is that it bothers you more than it does most Pats fans.  I, for instance, care very little about his personal life, his celebrity status or his endorsement business -- I am single-mindedly focused on his role as quarterback, which I guess now looks to be in jeopardy. 

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 08:00:44 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Wow, very unfortunate for the Pats, and Pats fans like me.  I have to be honest, though, I am still riding the high of the NBA World Champion Boston Celtics. 

Part of me is curious to see how much of a system BB has installed so that Tom Brady won't be missed as much as people might suspect.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 08:05:58 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
Wouldn't surprise me if the Pats make a quick phonecall to Daunte Culpepper, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't either.

That [dang] SI jinx strikes again.

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 08:07:43 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I for one am going to feel better about myself cheering for this team.  With Tom I was cheering for laundry.  In my opinion he's an arrogant jerk.  Last year I said I missed the lovable underdogs who overachieved in 01.  Looks like we've got another team like that on our hands.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 08:16:17 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
I for one am going to feel better about myself cheering for this team.  With Tom I was cheering for laundry.  In my opinion he's an arrogant jerk.  Last year I said I missed the lovable underdogs who overachieved in 01.  Looks like we've got another team like that on our hands.

That's a very good point.  I disagree about the arrogant jerk thing haha but I do agree about the whole underdog thing.  We officially are an underdog to win it all this year, big time haha.

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 08:25:19 PM »

Offline brownbagger

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 0
 Tom was pimpin' till that happened.Tom and Moss was just starting to hookup,darn it

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 08:26:06 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Wow, check out the comments at the end of this article...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/09/randy_moss_on_d.html

Seeing these comments tells me 2 things, first, there is a lot of hate out there and second, the guys who run this blog do a great job of keeping that crap out.

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 08:34:36 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
At the very least it will give the rest of the team an opportunity to step up.  The quarterback always gets a ton of the credit for a team's success (and in Brady's case it is certainly deserving), but there are a lot of great players on this team who will now have ample opportunity to prove that this team is more than just a pretty face at QB.

Should be interesting.
Yup