Poll

What will the Pats record be this seson?

16-0
15-1
14-2
13-3
12-4
11-5
10-6
9-7
8-8
7-9 (or worse)

Author Topic: Poll: What will the Patriots Record be This Season (Now with Brady Out)  (Read 9127 times)

Re: Poll: What will the Patriots Record be This Season
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 09:35:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....anyone wanna changed their prediction?

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 01:01:35 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....anyone wanna changed their prediction?

I'll stick with my 10-6 or worse

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 05:44:33 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
How come I can't vote?
('Anything to do with the Brady
injury situation?)

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 07:32:12 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:56:16 AM by Jsaad »
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 08:16:05 AM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
How come I can't vote?
injury situation?)

I had locked it because the season had started it.........but if you want to vote, I've unlocked it.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 09:01:01 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

How come I can't vote?
injury situation?)

I had locked it because the season had started it.........but if you want to vote, I've unlocked it.

There.  I reset the poll because I'm curious to see how pessimistic (and or optimistic) everyone is now.
Yup

Re: Poll: What will the Patriots Record be This Season (Now with Brady Out)
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 09:07:49 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Thanks.

I'm not that much into football.
But I wanted to vote anyway  ;)
10-6 is my guess...

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 09:12:00 AM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201

How come I can't vote?
injury situation?)

There.  I reset the poll because I'm curious to see how pessimistic (and or optimistic) everyone is now.

So are the original votes lost?

FYI:  My vote went from 13-3 to 11-5
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 09:14:46 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I went with 10-6(could be 11-5).  The Pats still have a patsy of a schedule, and if Cassel can manage a game (ie not turn the ball over make wise decisions and not try to do things beyond his capabilities) the Pats should turn out a decent year and still contend in the playoffs.  The Pats have great players all around the QB, he just needs to minimize his mistakes and they'll be fine.  Look at the regular season Pitt had when Rothlisberger took over his rookie year, he didn't have a fantastic year he just managed the games very well, while Pitt had great players at the positions around him.

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 10:18:57 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Let's not forget this team still has the easiest schedule in the league.

I don't expect anything beyond 9/10 wins, but i do expect Teddy Bruschi, Rodney Harrisson, Seymour, and Vrabel to get the defense to play inspired football from here on out.  The team will go as far as those leaders allow, and i believe that they will take it upon themselves as a unit to win games. 

If nothing else, i hope this injury gets the boys to play with some more attitude and the "screw you" mentality they used to play with back when they were consitently the underdog.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 10:33:06 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Gotta love the 16-0 vote.  Why not? ::)

Next week should tell us a lot.  They've got to come out pretty fired up. 

What I didn't like about yesterdays game was a trend we started to see in the playoffs last year.  The defense had a chance to put the game away and could not.  I know they eventually made a stand at the 5 yard line...but they had chance to stop KC further down the field and end it, and could not. 

I also was getting aggravated with Hanson punting into the endzone from pretty close range.  And a bad penalty at the end of the interception wound up getting them out of FG range. 

I though Casell did a great job, it's the rest of the team who played rotten yesterday.

But a wins a win I suppose
Yup

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 10:45:41 AM »

Offline Simey1055

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
This is Matt Cassels team to lead now as long as he doesnt make huge mistakes he will start for the rest of the season.  Obviously with the Patriots brining in Simms and Rattay if Cassel struggles he will be out.  I think with the patriots cup cake scheduel and their offensive weaopns the Patriots will finish 10-6 and make the playoffs.

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 10:49:42 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
i honestly doubt a chris simms or tim rattay signing will mean if cassell has a bad game he's yanked.

Thier insurance against another season ending injury (to cassel), i would actually expect o'donnal to be next in line if cassel absolutly stinsk (which he wont, he'll manage)

i mean, the guy isnt rex grossman, and he leads a high power offense.

For the regular season, he'll be fine. the injury to tom actually, in my mind, places waaayyyy more presure on the defense, since now they have to think of it like 2001, where every point matters, not like 2007, where they could give up 24 to a bad team, since the offense was going to hang 32+ on average.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 12:18:05 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I am going with 11-5.  I think the difference for this team isn't going to be Cassel, or Chris Simms, or anyone like that...it is going to be the young guys on the defense.  If Mayo, Wheatley, Wilhite, Sanders and Meriweather are able to step it up this year, than this team will be a force.  If they don't, then they may be looking at a losing season.

I truly believe that by losing Brady this team went from having possibly the greatest offense ever, to having still an above average offense.  So the defense is going to be the difference.  If they can raise their game, now that they have some talented (but unproven) playmakers to supplement their aging veterans, then they could be one of the best defenses in the league again.

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 02:41:05 PM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I am going with 10-6 but honestly it could be much worse. We have to be realistic here..

1) Our running game was much better then people realized - but the main reason was that our passing game was so awesome teams couldn't really respect it.

2) Our defense also by the numbers was pretty good. But I feel a big factor in that was that our offense was so stellar these guys didn't have to play as much.

It's all like interconnected. Such that if Cassell starts turning the ball over alot - our defense goes under more pressure - our running game starts to fall apart as they stop throwing.. That's how bad teams happen..

My hope is that Cassell actually is decent. I really have no idea as he never has had real extended playing time. I'd feel happier if BB brought in a vet and started teaching him the system so we could dump Cassell by week 8 if he sucks.

Pete