Author Topic: Doc and KG were calling out certain guys after Brooklyn  (Read 6507 times)

Doc and KG were calling out certain guys after Brooklyn
« on: November 30, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I can't find the quotes but both Doc and KG were saying things along the lines of "some guys know what it means to put this jersey on and some guys think they can just put it on and be great."

They're definetly singling out some new guys..green? Lee? Wilcox? Bass? Anybody besides our big three? Lol
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Doc and KG were calling out certain guys after Brooklyn
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 04:11:19 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I can't find the quotes but both Doc and KG were saying things along the lines of "some guys know what it means to put this jersey on and some guys think they can just put it on and be great."

They're definetly singling out some new guys..green? Lee? Wilcox? Bass? Anybody besides our big three? Lol

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Terry.

Mike

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 04:16:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Mike
The guy who's fresh off the Dallas championship squad? Nope, certainly not.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 04:17:08 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Or Green, or Lee, or Sullinger, or anyone "new"

Heck the way the phrased it, it could be an old hand too.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Or Green, or Lee, or Sullinger, or anyone "new"

Heck the way the phrased it, it could be an old hand too.

Agree on Green and Lee. Sully's done everything that we've asked him to and more.

Well, except defend.

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 04:24:25 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
probs green terry and lee. Wilcox has done what he has always done here. I love that guy gives us some good energy

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 04:28:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
probs green terry and lee. Wilcox has done what he has always done here. I love that guy gives us some good energy
I'm not sure why everyone is so fixated on Terry. He's currently the fourth-best player on the team.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 04:39:30 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
**** at terry

he's playing pretty good.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 04:39:53 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I'm not sure why everyone is so fixated on Terry. He's currently the fourth-best player on the team.

Because people are mad that he isn't averaging 20+ a game I guess. The hype was so severe that somehow the fact that he's actually playing pretty well the last two weeks and scoring at about his normal rate is lost on people.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 04:40:57 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

THANK YOU!!!!

Just because he isn't jacking up shots doesn't mean he isn't playing well! Doc just has him doing the decoy thing so he doesn't shoot enough BUT when he does shoot it he has been VERY good!!! He has done exactly what he has been asked to do and he also hits the big shots when given to him!

I know people love flashy but really look at what's going on out there!!!

Matter of fact, re-watch the end of last game when Jet was out there playing harder than everyone except maybe KG, he had very good plays in a row but we just couldn't stop Brooklyn. He had us trying for a bit there but Brooklyn was ready while most of our guys weren't!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 04:41:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Because people are mad that he isn't averaging 20+ a game I guess. The hype was so severe that somehow the fact that he's actually playing pretty well the last two weeks and scoring at about his normal rate is lost on people.
I've been disappointed in his poor playmaking, he's been making his shots at a pretty good rate.

However he's been a walking turnover when he's tried to create something and pass the ball. Just throwing it right to defenders for some reason.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 04:42:23 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker

Mike
The guy who's fresh off the Dallas championship squad? Nope, certainly not.

In case you haven't noticed, Terry's production is down quite a bit from what he was doing in Dallas and his defense, particularly his rotations, isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

Mike

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 04:44:12 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
Doc just has him doing the decoy thing

Why?  He's probably the 2nd or 3rd best scorer on the team.  Why use him as a "decoy"?  Why run him off multiple screens just like Ray, when he's really a different sort of player?

Mike

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 04:44:31 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I don't think they were talking about Terry or Doc wasn't because when he mentioned players who he felt understood what it meant to be a Celtic he brought up KG, Paul, Rondo and Terry.

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 04:53:54 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Jet doesn't have a big enough role and Bass has too big a role.

Green and (especially) Lee have been the biggest disappointments to this point. You hardly notice them on the floor half the time.