Author Topic: I've solved our big man problem idea!  (Read 3833 times)

I've solved our big man problem idea!
« on: January 12, 2013, 12:12:05 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I've finally figured out how to solve our big man problem. Here's my pipe dream package to get banner number 18!

I love our rotation after the last two games and the Center spot is our only needed upgrade.

Celts trade Bass, Melo, Collins (Salary Reasons) First Round pick

OKC Trades: Perk and Daniel Orton

OKC moves Collison to the starting Center slot. Bass is a veteran PF who can score off the bench to pair with Martin and play the uptempo Thunder style. He would thrive with open looks in their offense.

Since Bass is expendable with Sully stepping up we add Perk to the mix to give him the twenty minutes per game Collins is getting. We trade projects in Melo and Orton (even though I know nothing about Orton and think Melo probably has more upside). We get our Perk back, an extra veteran in the locker room, retain our swagger, everyones happy and Banner 18 is ours! I love me some Perk... Bash away!

Rondo/Terry
Bradley/Lee
Pierce/Green
KG/Sully
Perk/Wilcox

Re: I've solved our big man problem idea!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 12:22:24 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Neither team would do it.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 12:26:41 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Until it's proven that this team is in trouble fully healthy, there is absolutely no need to make trades. The Celtics are finally looking like the team we all thought they would be.

The same goes for OKC, the best team in basketball isn't making any deals.

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Perk is nigh useless on the court now, forgot about it.

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 01:07:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah, honestly, I don't want Perk back at that salary.  If he gets cut and we can pay him the minimum, then sure.

Now, if they'd trade us Nick Collison, we can talk.  Though he's really overpaid for what he is, too.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 01:07:52 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

overstatement.

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 01:08:23 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Ugh, I'd rather keep Melo thank you very much. You know how hard it is to find defensive 7 footers who have the ability to start in the NBA? Only reason we got Melo is because he's raw.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 01:08:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Until it's proven that this team is in trouble fully healthy, there is absolutely no need to make trades. The Celtics are finally looking like the team we all thought they would be.

I disagree with this a little bit . . . if they could turn Lamb + Toronto 1st into an upgrade at center, that could really make them unbeatable this year.  That could be the difference maker for them against Miami.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 01:14:56 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I thought for a second this will be some sort of top secret method of making Sullinger grow three inches. But then again, it ended up being something even more unreasonable.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 02:11:06 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
highly unlikely trade but it does in fact solve our big man issue as advertised.

Agree that Ok. City would definitely not do it at this point (they probably would in the offseason).  Also agree that the Celtics might not do this depending on their level of esteem for Fab and the dollars involved.

But I wanted to post a response because it makes no sense to bash Perk simply
because people think he makes more than he's worth.  That could be true,
but it doesn't mean he can't still play and offer a heck of a lot to a team, especially
defense, imposing presence and leadership.

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 02:27:03 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

I disagree with this a little bit . . . if they could turn Lamb + Toronto 1st into an upgrade at center, that could really make them unbeatable this year.  That could be the difference maker for them against Miami.

Has Lamb proven he's that valuable? He hasn't exactly lit the league on fire.

Perk & that 1st is pretty good enough cause you're getting a high draft pick and a big contract that can be amnestied.

What would be scary is if they get Varejao, or if its possible, Demarcus Cousins.

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

not useless that's ridiculous ...but not happening

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 03:29:12 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I don't want to pick on Perk as I loved his service here.  I don't think I'd trade him straight up for melo, taking into consideration contracts etc.  In two years melo could be a very very good defensive center in nba.  In 2 years I think perk will be a backup

big man problem
aaron gray from toronto can be had for peanuts
samuel dalembert for a bit more
i see no reason to gut the team to add a very good center when we just need a solid center backup to kg, keep collins around for low post bulk, add the 2nd string

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 03:38:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Has Lamb proven he's that valuable? He hasn't exactly lit the league on fire.

Perk & that 1st is pretty good enough cause you're getting a high draft pick and a big contract that can be amnestied.

What would be scary is if they get Varejao, or if its possible, Demarcus Cousins.

Other teams can't amnesty somebody they've acquired through trade.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 04:40:07 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
lol. thats all i have to say