Poll

?

Walking In to tunnel
7 (77.8%)
Out to the football field
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Tom Brady posts cryptic photo on instagram  (Read 6770 times)

Re: Tom Brady posts cryptic photo on instagram
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2020, 08:24:52 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
All I take “I’m not going anywhere” to mean is “I’m not retiring.”

Nothing else really can be gleaned from the phrase imo

Well, it may mean "I'm not retiring", but was certainly intended to provide double-meaning given the first part of the commercial.  Brady has never been a big public jokester -- and obviously he has  right to have fun with this -- but if he ends up leaving after this money-making "joke", I'm not all that crazy about it.  Not really taking it too seriously, TBH, but this is a good joke for his haters, not really for his fans.

Loved the commercial and the photo if he does indeed return, but him trolling us while also leaving would be a little mean-spirited (and odd). I am going to assume he is returning to NE until I hear otherwise and this ad just makes me lean more that way.

I agree

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2020, 08:27:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Well, it may mean "I'm not retiring", but was certainly intended to provide double-meaning given the first part of the commercial.  Brady has never been a big public jokester -- and obviously he has  right to have fun with this -- but if he ends up leaving after this money-making "joke", I'm not all that crazy about it.  Not really taking it too seriously, TBH, but this is a good joke for his haters, not really for his fans.

Loved the commercial and the photo if he does indeed return, but him trolling us while also leaving would be a little mean-spirited (and odd). I am going to assume he is returning to NE until I hear otherwise and this ad just makes me lean more that way.

I agree
Me too
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2020, 05:53:23 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

He isn’t trolling fans. He’s trolling the media and journalists who think he’s going to retire

That’s the message I believe the commercial tries to convey

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2020, 06:43:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think it was part of the Hulu Ad Campaign

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2020, 06:47:01 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

He isn’t trolling fans. He’s trolling the media and journalists who think he’s going to retire

That’s the message I believe the commercial tries to convey

There is no avoiding the double entendre.  Any denial of that would be disingenuous.  It’s fine — just don’t leave now. 

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2020, 07:22:07 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
boarding a UFO

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2020, 07:31:09 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
More importantly, will you buy Hulu now?
Yup

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2020, 09:23:14 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I felt like Ralphie in the movie, A Christmas Story, after he cracked the code using his secret decoder ring.

Be sure to subscribe to Hulu? A crummy commercial? Son of a bxxxx!