Author Topic: Report: Tom Brady signs 2 year 70 million extension  (Read 4987 times)

Re: Report: Tom Brady signs 2 year 70 million extension
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 03:21:50 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If he can win 1 more between now and age 45 then this extension is 100% worth it. Do your thing Tom!

Let's hope N'Keal Harry develops into a stud too

I am going to go out on a limb and say that this extension is worth it no matter what. Even if he gets injured and just sits on the sidelines while we pay him 62M in 2020 and 2021, I will say that he has more than earned it. It's gotten to the point where people have forgotten how many SBs he has won (6) - that is ridiculous!
As I understand it the two years following this upcoming season are void years, which means in effect that they will never come into play, the team and Brady are just using them to manage the cap. They will need to negotiate what happens after this year.

Yes, you are right about that. It opens up more space this year while also paying him more (not the NBA salary cap, right?) and the team/Tom will forced to renegotiate next off-season - which is fine.

I was just saying that I wouldn't mind paying Brady whatever over the next several years to do absolutely nothing. He certainly deserves it.