Author Topic: Basketball Sneakers for Wide Feet?  (Read 5618 times)

Basketball Sneakers for Wide Feet?
« on: October 15, 2019, 07:54:37 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Looking to buy some new basketball shoes but I'm being more picky than I have been because I'm not really young anymore (I'm 31) and I've had some pretty bad foot pain in the past that I think was due to the wrong shoe.

I have small feet but they're wide. From what I've found, it's rare for a basketball shoe to be made for wide feet but regular basketball shoes run pretty narrow.

Does anyone have any suggestions for basketball sneakers good for wide feet?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Basketball Sneakers for Wide Feet?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 08:12:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have size 9 1/2 but EEE width which as a kid meant getting size 10 or 10 1/2 for the width. Now most brands sell extra wide.

The brands that have worked best for me that have the most extra wide sizes are Nike and Skechers, though I get running/walking sneakers, not basketball sneakers. Skechers especially prides themselves on having wide sizes.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 08:27:48 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
New Balance has always been a trusted brand for wide sizes. I realize they aren't necessarily known for their basketball shoes, but Kawhi is launching the Omn1s line in the very near future so those may be worth looking into.

https://www.newbalance.com/basketball/

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 11:48:48 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Looking to buy some new basketball shoes but I'm being more picky than I have been because I'm not really young anymore (I'm 31) and I've had some pretty bad foot pain in the past that I think was due to the wrong shoe.

I have small feet but they're wide. From what I've found, it's rare for a basketball shoe to be made for wide feet but regular basketball shoes run pretty narrow.

Does anyone have any suggestions for basketball sneakers good for wide feet?
What type of shoe do you want in a basketball shoe? Do you want something relatively lightweight and responsive, or something that gives you more support and cushion? I can give you a list of shoes that fit wide feet if you can tell me what type of shoe you prefer when playing basketball.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 11:51:15 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
New Balance has always been a trusted brand for wide sizes. I realize they aren't necessarily known for their basketball shoes, but Kawhi is launching the Omn1s line in the very near future so those may be worth looking into.

https://www.newbalance.com/basketball/
The Omn1s aren't a great shoe performance wise from what I can gather, sloppy fit (runs long but is okay for people with wide feet) and pretty firm midsole that's not great for older guys.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA