Author Topic: Kyrie wasn't at the bench during game. (update: he had a nasal surgery)  (Read 10887 times)

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
A tidbit from the Simmons podcast: More evidence on how uninformed the “how dare he not show up for every game?!?!” indignation is:

Kyrie Irving: [Sitting out the playoffs and watching Boston make a run] sucked, man. It sucked. I can’t even sugarcoat it, it was tough. Not from watching the guys, but of what I was dealing with outside of that. I was leaving the games at halftime because I had eight-hour shifts of antibiotics I had to take for my infection. I had a PICC (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter) in my arm for two months and I’m just like, every day is like, I can’t lift, I can’t run, I can’t do anything. If I didn’t have my PICC line in for my infection, I would have definitely gone after trying to be ready for at least the Eastern Conference Finals. ” Bill Simmons: “Really?” Irving: “Yeah, for sure.”
Doesn't really come as a surprise at all. They've been misinformed from the beginning, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
What a bunch of sissys

Still scard to ask the prettiest girl out

WE CAN have nice things .

People on this blog are too scard of rejection

Danny got us something nice people

Irving is a top guard in the NBa , most likely a HOF when he is done

I don't want a loyal guy who can't play

Be glade we have have Kyrie , enjoy what he can do as long as he will stay. 

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I don’t want Kyrie going anywhere

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't know that I'll ever get over the 'deviated rectum' typo. That is all I'm ever going to think about when I see Kyrie  :P

Would have really loved to see Kyrie or Hayward make a return in the ECF. That surely would have given us the boost we needed to make the finals. I guess neither was realistic.

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Kind of funny that people were all in a tizzy about this but want to trade for a guy in Kawhi leonard who abandoned his team in whole.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
A tidbit from the Simmons podcast: More evidence on how uninformed the “how dare he not show up for every game?!?!” indignation is:

Kyrie Irving: [Sitting out the playoffs and watching Boston make a run] sucked, man. It sucked. I can’t even sugarcoat it, it was tough. Not from watching the guys, but of what I was dealing with outside of that. I was leaving the games at halftime because I had eight-hour shifts of antibiotics I had to take for my infection. I had a PICC (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter) in my arm for two months and I’m just like, every day is like, I can’t lift, I can’t run, I can’t do anything. If I didn’t have my PICC line in for my infection, I would have definitely gone after trying to be ready for at least the Eastern Conference Finals. ” Bill Simmons: “Really?” Irving: “Yeah, for sure.”

PICCs or it didn't happen, lol ;) ;D.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

PICCs or it didn't happen, lol ;) ;D.

Lol. 

If he had a PICC line, then that's fair.  Had one recently and and had to be careful with it.  I'd assume he got that infection from the first surgery, though. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
A PIACC line ? What the hell ?

If he had an IV stuck in his arm, how was it that he's able to be shooting baskets on a Jersey playground a few days after Game 7 ? That makes zero sense for several reasons.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

If he had an IV stuck in his arm, how was it that he's able to be shooting baskets on a Jersey playground a few days after Game 7 ? That makes zero sense for several reasons.

Great point again, tenn_.  I was unable to move my arm without considerable pain - shooting a ball was impossible, too.  I hope this comment elicits more conversation. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Great point again, tenn_.  I was unable to move my arm without considerable pain - shooting a ball was impossible, too.  I hope this comment elicits more conversation.
Maybe a professional athlete can undergo more physical duress than you

Re: Kyrie wasn't at the bench during game. (update: he had a nasal surgery)
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2018, 02:40:21 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Really? I have had long term IVs in me many days then had them taken out and had zero problem moving my arm. Absolutely zero after effect. Not even a bruise. I could have gone out and shot baskets right then and had no problem.

Having an IV in your arm does not make that arm incapacitated for days thereafter, after having the IV taken out. You guys are really reaching here.

« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2018, 03:12:53 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
both previous posts just make my point all over again. If a professional athlete like Irving can deal with the pain with such high tolerance and/or can recover in record time, then once again, he should have been at Game 7.                                                                           
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2018, 03:55:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
both previous posts just make my point all over again. If a professional athlete like Irving can deal with the pain with such high tolerance and/or can recover in record time, then once again, he should have been at Game 7.                                                                         
LOL. You must really hate Irving for that to be what you've taken away from the discussion

« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2018, 06:25:39 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
If this is the reaction to Irving missing a playoff game because of surgery, imagine if it had been
 Kawhi in our team? The Kawhi who a) missed the whole year and didn't keep his teammates or his team up to date on his situation, forcing them to have a clear the air meeting that didn't clear the air; b) was not at a single Spurs playoff game (unless he was rehabbing every single game); and c) is now agitating to leave the Spurs. People would lose their minds  ;D

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2018, 07:41:18 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
If this is the reaction to Irving missing a playoff game because of surgery, imagine if it had been
 Kawhi in our team? The Kawhi who a) missed the whole year and didn't keep his teammates or his team up to date on his situation, forcing them to have a clear the air meeting that didn't clear the air; b) was not at a single Spurs playoff game (unless he was rehabbing every single game); and c) is now agitating to leave the Spurs. People would lose their minds  ;D
The Celtics didn’t do anything to cause behavior like this... the Spurs did to Kawhi.