Author Topic: Summer 2018 Rumored Moves  (Read 53792 times)

Re: Summer 2018 Rumored Moves
« Reply #270 on: July 03, 2018, 01:38:51 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I'm not surprised Josh Smith is a solid pick up basketball player. He always had the talent and skills, just didn't ever play a good team game within them once his athleticism wasn't out of this world.

The league trending smaller and quicker at the PF also hurt him, less of an advantage.

He would be a good small ball center in CBS system.

« Reply #271 on: July 03, 2018, 02:02:07 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm not surprised Josh Smith is a solid pick up basketball player. He always had the talent and skills, just didn't ever play a good team game within them once his athleticism wasn't out of this world.

The league trending smaller and quicker at the PF also hurt him, less of an advantage.

No. He couldn't even earn minutes with NOP last year after being out of the league. His days of being a versatile athletic big are over and he never picked up how to play team basketball at a high level to stay in the league.

He's done.

« Reply #272 on: July 03, 2018, 02:08:41 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

No. He couldn't even earn minutes with NOP last year after being out of the league. His days of being a versatile athletic big are over and he never picked up how to play team basketball at a high level to stay in the league.

He's done.

Fair enough but if anyone could get something out of him it would be Brad and Horford ( former teamamte...)

« Reply #273 on: July 03, 2018, 04:18:51 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
12.8M for Chandler for 2018-2019

The 76ers have the salary cap space to absorb Wilson Chandler, a starting-caliber SF, from Denver.

The Philadelphia 76ers are in close discussions on deal to acquire Denver Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler, league sources tell Yahoo.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1014241081867800576?s=21
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1014241544323334145?s=21

« Reply #274 on: July 03, 2018, 04:32:21 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Funny thing is his skill set could be valuable or useful... If he learned how to stop taking so many 3's, and focusing on playing smart basketball.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #275 on: July 03, 2018, 04:36:46 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Funny thing is his skill set could be valuable or useful... If he learned how to stop taking so many 3's, and focusing on playing smart basketball.
I would argue that he needed to learn how to make 3’s at a higher rate, not stop taking them.  If he had, he would have fit in nicely in today’s NBA and could have had a longer career.

« Reply #276 on: July 03, 2018, 04:39:58 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I would argue that he needed to learn how to make 3’s at a higher rate, not stop taking them.  If he had, he would have fit in nicely in today’s NBA and could have had a longer career.

Well the gist of my point is that he got too trigger happy, and started taking more 3's than necessary which coincided with his terrible 3P %.

But yeah, I agree. His playmaking/defense and under the guidance of a good coach could've resulted in a lengthy career.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #277 on: July 03, 2018, 04:43:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Well the gist of my point is that he got too trigger happy, and started taking more 3's than necessary which coincided with his terrible 3P %.

But yeah, I agree. His playmaking/defense and under the guidance of a good coach could've resulted in a lengthy career.
Such a waste of talent. Crazy that a guy who had a 7 year spell of averaging 17/8/3.5/2/1.4 and making an All-Defensive team is considered a considerable waste, lol. What could've been
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #278 on: July 03, 2018, 05:22:07 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Is Jimmy Butler on the market? What would it take to get him? Picks and Smart in a sign and trade? Bulter would replace everything Smart does and Butler does more.

« Reply #279 on: July 03, 2018, 05:59:31 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
A

« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2018, 06:23:40 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Is Jimmy Butler on the market? What would it take to get him? Picks and Smart in a sign and trade? Bulter would replace everything Smart does and Butler does more.

Butler will never be ok with Smart’s role as sixth man.

And I wouldn’t ant him stunting Brown’s growth, as I think his ceiling may be higher than Butler’s.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2018, 08:13:54 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Butler will never be ok with Smart’s role as sixth man.

And I wouldn’t ant him stunting Brown’s growth, as I think his ceiling may be higher than Butler’s.

Butler would start, I was just saying he's a great defender and hustle player. He's like a super Marcus. I think Jaylen would be the sixth man.

« Reply #282 on: July 03, 2018, 08:18:27 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
Butler isn't on the market.  The TWolves are going to offer him an extension but of course it is not financially advantageous for him so he wouldn't sign it.  He'll be a free agent next offseason. 

« Reply #283 on: July 03, 2018, 08:45:49 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Butler isn't on the market.  The TWolves are going to offer him an extension but of course it is not financially advantageous for him so he wouldn't sign it.  He'll be a free agent next offseason.
It’s essentially the same situation that Kyrie has. 

« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2018, 09:34:52 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
IT negotiating a deal with the Magic per Alex Kennedy of Hoops Hype.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy