Author Topic: Summer 2018 Rumored Moves  (Read 53773 times)

Re: Summer 2018 Rumored Moves
« Reply #210 on: July 01, 2018, 04:26:54 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
What are the Lakers doing? They did not get George last year and now this? They seem to be poorly ran.

Too confident? Go all in on Kawhi now, get LeBron to commit, fill out the roster with exceptions and vet mins. Granted I haven't watched a ton of the Lakers, but is Brandon Ingram really worth missing out on Kawhi and whiffing on James?

Jaylen Brown > Ingram trade value IMO but Lakers fans will disagree so...

« Reply #211 on: July 01, 2018, 05:04:59 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
One-year league minimum deal for Salah Mejri to stay with the Mavericks, according to league sources. Dallas' desire to bring Mejri back only rose after the draft-night acquisition of his former Real Madrid teammate Luka Doncic

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1013510212794437632

« Reply #212 on: July 01, 2018, 06:03:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Have we heard anything about Smart yet? Haven’t even heard anything about meeting with Boston yet. Is this still due to everyone waiting on Lebron?

« Reply #213 on: July 01, 2018, 06:14:36 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Have we heard anything about Smart yet? Haven’t even heard anything about meeting with Boston yet. Is this still due to everyone waiting on Lebron?

Yep. None of the restricted have been talked about yet.

« Reply #214 on: July 01, 2018, 06:18:34 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Windhorst says the plan is for James  to release something on the undefeated which James has a hand in.

Said it is Lakers, Cavs and sixers in that order

Him not being at the meeting with Philly is a sign he will take their offer under consideration but isn’t as serious because he did not attend

I tend to believe windhorst has been briefed by the James camp of the specifics of how its going down.

« Reply #215 on: July 01, 2018, 07:24:00 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Windhorst says the plan is for James  to release something on the undefeated which James has a hand in.

Said it is Lakers, Cavs and sixers in that order

Him not being at the meeting with Philly is a sign he will take their offer under consideration but isn’t as serious because he did not attend

I tend to believe windhorst has been briefed by the James camp of the specifics of how its going down.

Tp for the info and I tend to agree. I imagine Lebron isn’t really looking for drama on this ‘decision.’ But drama certainly follows Lebron in every direction.

« Reply #216 on: July 01, 2018, 07:44:54 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #217 on: July 01, 2018, 07:48:41 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
LOL the Lakers are getting desperate.

Now we'll hear how they are "showing interest, in talks, keeping eyes on, etc." for all the other players like Capela, Cousins, Tyreke Evans, Gordon, etc.  :laugh:

I still think they have a great shot at landing Lebron, but I doubt they'll be able to sign another max-caliber FA like Cousins or Capela to be honest. Not signing George definitely hampers their plans a bit.

Frankly, they are probably better off adding Lebron, keeping the young core (including Randle) and maybe adding another legit shooter like Reddick or something. A Kawhi trade likely still would cost them a ton.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2018, 08:01:10 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Now we'll hear how they are "showing interest, in talks, keeping eyes on, etc." for all the other players like Capela, Cousins, Tyreke Evans, Gordon, etc.  :laugh:

I still think they have a great shot at landing Lebron, but I doubt they'll be able to sign another max-caliber FA like Cousins or Capela to be honest. Not signing George definitely hampers their plans a bit.

Frankly, they are probably better off adding Lebron, keeping the young core (including Randle) and maybe adding another legit shooter like Reddick or something. A Kawhi trade likely still would cost them a ton.

As long as they stay away from Smart.

« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2018, 08:03:40 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

As long as they stay away from Smart.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #220 on: July 01, 2018, 08:11:45 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
ESPN2 is all Lakers all the time.  Nothing going the Lakers way so far in free agency but clearly ESPN believes the NBA is all about LAL.   

Wouldn’t it be interesting if the Lakers have to build a team like the rest of the NBA.  “Striking out” with regard to landing top FAs is the norm in the NBA. But Lakers fans just assume they’ll land who they want to land and are in disbelief when it doesn’t quite work as planned.

« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2018, 11:19:41 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
The Pelicans remain hopeful of re-signing point guard Rajon Rondo, league sources say, even after coming to terms tonight with free-agent guard Elfrid Payton

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1013621598685888512

« Reply #222 on: July 01, 2018, 11:27:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
The Pelicans remain hopeful of re-signing point guard Rajon Rondo, league sources say, even after coming to terms tonight with free-agent guard Elfrid Payton

What's next, Rondo to the Lakers? They need a PG lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #223 on: July 02, 2018, 12:04:01 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2018, 01:02:42 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

What's next, Rondo to the Lakers? They need a PG lol

Without any additional moves, they will only have about $9.5M in cap space.

If they stretch Deng, it will be around $19.3M.

They have room to do something, but not that much without a trade. I don’t think Ball is a good fit next to LeBron (nor would Rondo), but he does alleviate some of the ballhandling duties.

They still need a quality big, and a guy like Dwight isn’t the answer. LeBron thrives with floor spacers like Bosh and Love, not guys who clog the paint.

I understand the frenzy this has caused, but there is currently no reason to believe Lakers can beat Houston or Golden State. I don’t know if even Kawhi changes that.
CELTICS 2024