Author Topic: Fab Melo and Sullinger it is...  (Read 16166 times)

Re: Fab Melo and Sullinger it is...
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2012, 10:33:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
White and Melo was prob danny's initial plan. Then Nicholson or Sullinger and Melo.

The 2nd plan worked out.

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2012, 10:33:58 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
Like da Sullinger pick but Melo smh man hell no he looks like a stiff i wanted Perry Jones but I'll reserve my judgement for da regular season

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2012, 10:34:35 PM »

Offline WsAllDay

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
My hope is that hes smart enough to pick up the defensive system if not he wont see the floor and be sent down the D-League

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2012, 10:35:05 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Does having Sullinger mean we let Bass walk? I don't see much room on any team for two short PF's who aren't athletic enough to play at the 3.

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2012, 10:36:32 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2029
I wouldn't dismiss Sullinger just because he isn't athletic.  He has great post moves and footwork, and is a very good rebounder despite his lack of athleticism.  Think of other forwards who can score the ball without athleticism - Luis Scola (AKA "Best player below the rim")and Zach Randolph come to mind.  The quality of his defense remains to be seen, but I think Sullinger was a great pick.

As for Melo, he completely changed his physique in one year and improved drastically over that period of time.  He will no doubt be a project, but the potential clearly is there.  He's only been playing for 6 years, and he's going to learn a lot of KG (who I think is coming back).

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2012, 10:37:16 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Does having Sullinger mean we let Bass walk? I don't see much room on any team for two short PF's who aren't athletic enough to play at the 3.

The team had Bass and Wilcox on the team last year. Sullinger will make the roster and Melo/Thabeet will play in the D League somewhere.

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2012, 10:37:35 PM »

LEHGOCELTICS

I'm really hoping, hell, at this point I'm praying a trade is in the works revolving Melo and Bass for a nice big.

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Probably. S&T hopefully.

Sullinger is 2 inches taller. Decent height for a PF I have come to learn.

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2012, 10:49:51 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
and if I remember correctly, Fab Melo did a pretty good job against Andre Drummond...

Sullinger should be a solid pick, and we should give Melo some time to prove himself. We will see something in the summer leagues, the training camp then the season

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Perry Jones is built in the image of KG! It would have been just sensible to draft him & let KG teach him how to play with that body type & athleticism. Fab Melo will make our offensive woes even worse! Hope we go after Javale McGee or now Dwight in a trade involving Melo,Sully & Jeff Green or Bradley.

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2012, 11:07:27 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
New look at the roster:

Rondo
Bradley/Moore
Pierce
KG/Sullinger/Johnson
Melo

Still another pick to go tomorrow. I have to say, it seems pretty clear the plan is to S&T Bass for Mayo, resign Green, Pietrus and Steamer and end up somewhere like this:

Rondo/Moore
Bradley/Mayo/Pietrus
Pierce/Green
KG/Sullinger/Johnson
Melo/Steamer

Mayo has 1-2 versatility off the bench, Pietrus can play either wing position, Green can go to 4, KG can be bumpe by Green, Sullinger or Johnson to the 5. Lots of potential and versatility in that lineup, and suddenly not really that old. Add in another player or two and you're talking something very interesting.

TP for thinking like me and could we still pick up a C like Kaman or one of the Lopez brothers or Aaron Gray or shoot maybe Kristic will come back?.....Melo might be alright sharing back up minutes with Steamer

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2012, 11:09:19 PM »

Offline diddybop

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
The Sullinger picked seemed obvious for weeks, but Melo was a reach.

I can't believe Ainge picked him. I always trusted him with the draft but Melo has bust written all over him. The guy can't throw the ball in the ocean. Not a smart player at all. Just tall.

I would have even looked at a guy like Teague, as he would have solved the backup PG this team has needed for years. Jenkins would have been a good pick too.

Very disappointed in the Melo pick. Still in shock.

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2012, 11:10:57 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 151
As far as Kaman and Lopez, it all depends on whether KG, Ray and Green come back, and how much they cost (and Mayo, I guess). 51 is coming up soon.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2012, 11:16:00 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 981
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
the melo pick was made for one reason....to show KG he doesn't have to play the 5 this season. I think this is what KG wanted inorder to return
I think he wanted a C to develop for post KG more than that

sure...but it helps convince KG to return
No it doesn't. KG is not going to return to play alongside rookies.  If anything picking Melo may be because KG is not returning and Ainge is in full rebuilding mode.  I don't like what I've read about Melo.  Sully was a good pick tho.

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
well ray is prly gone(i have gotten over that), jeff green shouldnt break the bank and if u tell KG that they will bring in an actual center like Lopez(either) or Kaman or Marcus Camby with Melo and Steamer off the bench....then maybe he will come back for a lil less? If we get mayo and an actual centr AND KG comes back I really reallly love our team!

PG: rondo/moore
SG: Bradley/mayo
SF: pierce/green/pietrus
PF: KG/Sully/JJJ
C: Kaman or Camby or Lopez/ Melo/Steamer

maybe even bring back dooling, wilcox or delonte for cheap and the #51 pick is there too... I'm happy  8)