Author Topic: If Cs traded up to get a big  (Read 6290 times)

Re: If Cs traded up to get a big
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 03:17:49 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Leonard and Moultrie interest me, and if they were going to go sooner such that Danny couldn't get one of them with his current picks, I'd be open to trading the two 1sts for one in order to bag one of them.  Maybe he'd luck out and be able to just move up a spot or two by combining a 2nd with his top 1st to get that done.

But I think 3J may have more value after he's been seen in the league more, so trading him may be premature unless just the right star deal comes along and he's a (small) piece of that.

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 04:10:15 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
I think we have to see how it all shakes out with our picks and who projects to be available there. The Cs pick or the Clippers pick could still be as high as 16 or 17, and that should land you Leonard or Moultrie. As of now, I figure Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Beal, Robinson, Drummond, Barnes, P Jones, T Jones, Sullinger, Lamb, Lillard, Marshall, Zeller, Rivers and Henson will go off the board before Leonard or Marshall are considered, and depending on need, guys like Ross, Wroten, Waiters, Miller and White could be ahead of these two. But that's just based on right now. We have no idea how things will change when these guys start working out for teams. Either could skyrocket in value into the lottery and in that case, it's possible the two picks couldn't even move you up high enough to get them.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 04:22:25 PM »

Offline Bombastic Jones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
What do people think about adding Odom?  I dont think he would be a good fit, but would be interested to see what the price is.  Maybe consider taking a shot at him for JJJ and a second.  Or JO and something.

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 07:29:33 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
I was bummed when Mason Plumlee decided to go back to school.

He could have been a decent fall-back option with our last first rounder if things played out poorly otherwise.

We should still get somebody better than him with that last first, but then again, we might not.

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 08:27:30 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
What do people think about adding Odom?  I dont think he would be a good fit, but would be interested to see what the price is.  Maybe consider taking a shot at him for JJJ and a second.  Or JO and something.

I think Odom would be a great move, I think it would probably be a deal in which the Mavs are getting nothing in exchange except cap space so they can sign D-Will. If they did get something it would probably be a future pick so they don't have to pay that player.

I think he would be a great fit. He's a very good rebounder who would be a perfect compliment next to KG. He can do everything Bass can. That or bring him off the bench and he's instant offense. I'd be shocked if we don't ask.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 08:48:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I'd rather see Odem at BOston than D Whinner .   Oden needs to get back into BASKET and leave that mess of Hollywood dirtbags and floozies alone.  I still think he can play a few more good years...he's never been hurt ...except in his soul.,

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 10:27:10 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Fab Melo will be available in the 20s and could be the steal of the draft.