Author Topic: Forget about Austin Rivers. Anthony Davis will be a SUPERstar  (Read 13317 times)

Re: Forget about Austin Rivers. Anthony Davis will be a SUPERstar
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 11:56:44 PM »

Offline clawlin

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
I honestly don't think Anthony Davis looks that impressive when I've seen him play, but I am the first to admit that I have only seen 2 (maybe 3?) of his games. And one of them he was in foul trouble. His numbers are good, but not great. I honestly don't know what he's going to be like in the NBA ...

I'm a unibrow believer, especially since he plays on such a loaded team with so many offensive weapons.  He is the defensive anchor and a a very viable option on offense, and can shoot from anywhere, ballhandle, and pass. The guy has a huge list of strengths, and he's just gotten better. I'm excited to see his career.

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 12:30:13 AM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
First thing he has to do is get a makeover once he hits the NBA, that unibrow thing aint marketable. Imagine the Celtics stadium with huge banners of a guy with a unibrow all over.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 01:33:42 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
First thing he has to do is get a makeover once he hits the NBA, that unibrow thing aint marketable. Imagine the Celtics stadium with huge banners of a guy with a unibrow all over.

Yeah its a disgrace....someone needs to pull him aside and go "come on buddy, be a professional and take some pride in your appearance"...then whisk him away to get that monstrosity waxed off.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 01:39:27 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

Yeah its a disgrace....someone needs to pull him aside and go "come on buddy, be a professional and take some pride in your appearance"...then whisk him away to get that monstrosity waxed off.

look at his teeth the unibrow is the least of his concerns. hopefully first thing he does is hire a dentist. Then take care of the brow

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 01:42:30 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
oh to add we cant grab the #1 pick, not only is it pretty much impossible but it would rip the hearts out of the bobcats fans who are holding onto all hope to grab the kid. As much as I'd love it that poor franchise deserves him, we'll be ok with our two firsts in this draft

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2012, 06:12:11 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
oh to add we cant grab the #1 pick, not only is it pretty much impossible but it would rip the hearts out of the bobcats fans who are holding onto all hope to grab the kid. As much as I'd love it that poor franchise deserves him, we'll be ok with our two firsts in this draft

That club is more than one player away from being any good.... Rookie sensation or not...

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2012, 09:43:38 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Ths is just me but I don't think he's a superstar.

He'll be a multiple all star but I don't see "franchise player" in him. At least not yet. He can dominate the defensive side that's for sure. But I haven't seen enough offensive skills from him to tag him as superstar.

I will, not pass in that leel of talent though. But I really see him as a guy who wil help instead of The Guy who needs help.

The kid has a very bright future though.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2012, 09:45:15 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Not marketable?  Check out these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGbw-JizY3c

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/mar/28/kentucky-bows-to-the-brow/

Did you know there are shirt.

BOW TO THE BROW!

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 10:10:50 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Anthony Davis = Tim Duncan

Think what Tim Duncan looked like as a freshman and then what he became as a pro.  Not flashy, not marketable, but a winner.  That is what I see in Davis.

Davis is coming out much younger, especially for a big man.  He will take a few years to kind of mature and fill out which Duncan did in college so the imapact will not be as immediate as it was for Duncan.

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 10:41:30 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I think the reason A. Davis doesn't look as good to some people is because he doesn't have to make many offensive plays dribbling the ball. 

His team is so good that all he has to do is just get in good position and they can lob him the ball or he can just get an offensive rebound. 

The few times he seemed to have to make an offensive move last night he seemed pretty good at it.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2012, 11:11:53 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Think what Tim Duncan looked like as a freshman and then what he became as a pro.  Not flashy, not marketable, but a winner.  That is what I see in Davis.

Davis is coming out much younger, especially for a big man.  He will take a few years to kind of mature and fill out which Duncan did in college so the imapact will not be as immediate as it was for Duncan.

Tim Duncan came into a LOADED Spurs team.
This is why Duncan is overrated somewhat in my books, and why his often elevated status over KG is not valid.
Put Duncan on that Bobcats team and how many championships does he get? (same as KG on the Wolves).
Davis is going to be solid but if he goes to the Bobcats he'll have a loooong journey anywhere. Much better for him to go to New Orleans in my opinion.
They have Okafur and draft picks and Eric Gordon- much more than the Charlotte can sneeze at.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2012, 11:24:05 AM »

Offline xhfjc36

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
I don't understand why a team would want to rebuild a franchise not with a franchise-changer like Anthony Davis but a bunch of lower-picks and a role-playing point guard. Not even close.

Not a chance of getting Davis. Period.

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 11:47:56 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

This is why Duncan is overrated somewhat in my books, and why his often elevated status over KG is not valid.
Put Duncan on that Bobcats team and how many championships does he get? (same as KG on the Wolves).
Davis is going to be solid but if he goes to the Bobcats he'll have a loooong journey anywhere. Much better for him to go to New Orleans in my opinion.
They have Okafur and draft picks and Eric Gordon- much more than the Charlotte can sneeze at.

This is true.  Not a shot at Duncan, but the Spurs went 59-23 in '95-96 and 62-20 in '94-95.  They then went 20-62 in '96-97 in a year that David Robinson only played 6 games (Sean Elliot also only played 39 games).  They then went 56-26 in Duncan's first year, which is a great turnaround, but actually fewer games than they won in the previous two seasons with just Robinson. 

This doesn't take away from Duncan's legacy.  He is still one of the All Time NBA greats, but it should temper expectations with other elite picks.  Had Duncan come here, we wouldn't have jumped to 55 win the first year. 

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2012, 11:49:51 AM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183

You can say that pretty much of any superstar to ever win a title. Still, Duncan is the one who comes closest to having won a title by himself. In 03 Ginobili was a rookie, Tony Parker was a 20 year old 2nd year player who struggled in the playoffs (40% fg) and david robinson was 37 and playing 23 minutes a game. That 03 team had the worst supporting cast of a title team since the rockets in 94.

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2012, 01:39:53 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This thread title has me a little confused.

Anthony Davis is going to be the #1 pick in the draft.  The Celtics have no ability to put together any trade package that would even remotely be enticing to a team with the #1 pick.

Why would any Celtics fan be concerned about a player we can not get.  Anthony Davis is the player we need to forget about, we have no chance at him.