Author Topic: weak draft??  (Read 2156 times)

weak draft??
« on: June 10, 2011, 06:55:05 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
interesting thing i noticed this morning,

while this is a very weak draft on the top D Williams + Irving possible allstars but not likely franchise changers, the rest of the top 15 are likely starters /6th men not all stars, and the rest of the draft is deep with potential 5th starter/solid role players.

This is most evident if you look at mock drafts

nbadraft.net pick 16 Markieff Morris
             pick 40 Reggie Jackson

Draft Express pick 16 Markieff Morris
              pick 41 Trey Thompkins

with 25 picks and alot of $$ between them how much better a prospect is morris from thomkins and jackson? I see alot of guys who would normally be late 1st round picks going between 15 and 40 in this draft leaving the Cs a lot to look at, and the potential of picking up multiple role players. Not a good draft to be picking late teens but late 1st early 2nd has good value.

I think the plan is hope for role player is 2011 and hope for starters in 2012
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: weak draft??
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 07:57:17 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
interesting thing i noticed this morning,

while this is a very weak draft on the top D Williams + Irving possible allstars but not likely franchise changers, the rest of the top 15 are likely starters /6th men not all stars, and the rest of the draft is deep with potential 5th starter/solid role players.

This is most evident if you look at mock drafts

nbadraft.net pick 16 Markieff Morris
             pick 40 Reggie Jackson

Draft Express pick 16 Markieff Morris
              pick 41 Trey Thompkins

with 25 picks and alot of $$ between them how much better a prospect is morris from thomkins and jackson? I see alot of guys who would normally be late 1st round picks going between 15 and 40 in this draft leaving the Cs a lot to look at, and the potential of picking up multiple role players. Not a good draft to be picking late teens but late 1st early 2nd has good value.

I think the plan is hope for role player is 2011 and hope for starters in 2012

I think this draft is also exceptionally deep with potential role-player big men--which is the best the C's could hope for.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 08:26:21 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Yea this is a deep draft for role players.  But not much at the top.  You're really at no disadvantage from picking in the late 1st round than the mid 1st round.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 08:36:39 AM »

Offline fugazzi24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
I think the exact opposite and feel this draft is not a deep at all.  Once you get past the first 15 picks, everyone else is a crap shoot to even stick in the NBA. 

Basically Danny said if there are no players that can help us next year, I am taking a project with a hope he becomes a player down the line. 

I honestly feel this may be the 2nd or 3rd worst draft in NBA history.  When I am getting excited to draft Jeremy Tyler, who was the back-up center on a team in Japan, you know this draft is weak. 

With that said, next years draft is an absolute beast with more potential talent then we have seen in years.  Lets hope the Clippers finish strong and we get their pick. 

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 08:42:52 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
fugazzi24

I have to disagree, I wouldnt at all be suprised if 3 years from now there are almostas many guys producing in the nba from picks 5-15 as there are from picks 20-30
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 09:48:46 AM »

Offline fugazzi24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
CFan, no worries everyone has their opinions.  I hope I am wrong and the Celitcs find a strong rotation player that can contribute in the near future. 

I do think JaJuan Johnson is being undersold and could help us right away.  Beyond that I do not think any of the PG's are better than West, Bradley or the rest of our bench.  And the bigs are not better than Big Baby. 

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 09:55:52 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
CFan, no worries everyone has their opinions.  I hope I am wrong and the Celitcs find a strong rotation player that can contribute in the near future. 

I do think JaJuan Johnson is being undersold and could help us right away.  Beyond that I do not think any of the PG's are better than West, Bradley or the rest of our bench.  And the bigs are not better than Big Baby. 

I don't think there's hope of getting a big who is better than Baby as much as maybe different from Baby (in shape and attitude).  And if there were a 'new Baby' in this draft, they'd probably be okay with that as well.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
I agree that we arnt going to find a big better then baby in the draft or a pg better then delonte. If baby leaves we will need a vet to fill his minutes and i expect delonte will be back next season. I do think that we can find a player who post 2012 season can be developed (like BBD was)to fill babys role. I hold the same hope that Bradley will become or 1/2 guard who is a spark of the bench and takes delontes role in the future
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 10:21:27 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
just noticed this isnt in the draft section can a moderator please move it   thank you
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet