Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?  (Read 252934 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2013, 02:47:33 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Posting his more for personal reference above anything else since we're looking to make more moves, but feel free to compliment and/or critique as well:

Calderon | Barea
Matthews | Delfino | [Pondexter]
Mbah a Moute | Pondexter | [Delfino] | [Matthews]
Nowitzki | Davis | [Mbah a Moute]
Gasol | [Davis] | Olynyk

I didn't realize this earlier, but I must say I'm quite pleased with the versatility of our bench.

Please include first names where there might be confusion
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2013, 02:48:30 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

Sorry about that. Like I said, the post was more for personal reference. If you need clarification on names, take a look at my signature. I'll make a more detailed post later.

« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2013, 03:07:59 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Posting his more for personal reference above anything else since we're looking to make more moves, but feel free to compliment and/or critique as well:

Calderon | Barea
Matthews | Delfino | [Pondexter]
Mbah a Moute | Pondexter | [Delfino] | [Matthews]
Nowitzki | Davis | [Mbah a Moute]
Gasol | [Davis] | Olynyk

I didn't realize this earlier, but I must say I'm quite pleased with the versatility of our bench.

He's referring to Luc Mbah a Moute.

You're welcome.

« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2013, 03:10:59 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
After 9 rounds.

1. Goran Dragic
2. James Harden/Jason Terry
3. Nic Batum/Tayshaun Prince
4. Al Jefferson/Boris Diaw
5. Marcin Gortat
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2013, 03:14:04 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
After 9 rounds.

1. Goran Dragic
2. James Harden/Jason Terry
3. Nic Batum/Tayshaun Prince
4. Al Jefferson/Boris Diaw
5. Marcin Gortat

I really like your team, except for the big man situation.

I don't like Jefferson next to Gortat, and I don't like Diaw as the primary backup big man.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2013, 03:34:02 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
FWIW, I think Golden State is considerably better than every non-Lebron team out there. So kudos to whoever runs that team.

« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2013, 03:41:32 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
FWIW, I think Golden State is considerably better than every non-Lebron team out there. So kudos to whoever runs that team.

I agree with this. GSW along with SAS are two teams that aren't getting talked about enough. The Aldridge deal really helped GSW and SAS just kept up with consistent, solid drafting.

« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2013, 04:01:13 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I agree with this. GSW along with SAS are two teams that aren't getting talked about enough. The Aldridge deal really helped GSW and SAS just kept up with consistent, solid drafting.

Golden State has excellent individual talent.  However, they're a team where I just don't like how all the pieces fit together.  I think pairing Hibbert with a couple of mostly flat-footed / slow rotating defenders is a tough sell, and I think there are a few too many volume shooters.

As for San Antonio, they lost me at the center position.  A team with Javale McGee starting at center isn't going to win in the playoffs.  Stick a guy like Varejao on that team instead of McGee and a rookie, and I'd be much more impressed with them.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2013, 04:08:22 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I dare say I don't think team Lebron is actually the clear-cut front runner. There are some very good defenders on that team- Bradley, Ibaka, Battier, and Taj Gibson, but their shooting is really terrible and their secondary ball handlers are about as mistake-prone guys as you can get (Bradley and Monta Ellis). Lebron is going to get real tired of diving into a packed paint every play.

« Reply #159 on: August 27, 2013, 04:09:12 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Golden State has excellent individual talent.  However, they're a team where I just don't like how all the pieces fit together.  I think pairing Hibbert with a couple of mostly flat-footed / slow rotating defenders is a tough sell, and I think there are a few too many volume shooters.

As for San Antonio, they lost me at the center position.  A team with Javale McGee starting at center isn't going to win in the playoffs.  Stick a guy like Varejao on that team instead of McGee and a rookie, and I'd be much more impressed with them.

Interesting points. I don't think the frontcourt pairing will be too much of an issue, but it's definitely true they have a lot of volume shooters for GSW. I'm not sure McGee at the center is enough to sink the whole ship for SAS, as the rest of their team is very well constructed, but it's a valid concern.

For what it's worth, what do you think about the Lakers? I can't name another team that can even come close to our offensive efficiency, and we're pretty sound defensively. I worry that our lack of marketable players will do us in though. The fact that our team hasn't been critiqued much, let alone complimented, makes me wonder if our team is simply too boring.

« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2013, 04:20:33 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Nuggets after 9. Coached by Pat Riley

Damian Lillard / Kyle Lowry
Courtney Lee
Wilson Chandler / Martell Webster
Greg Monroe / Mareesse Speights
Andrew Bogut / Anderson Varejao

Need a backup 2 and we're good to go.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:30:00 PM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #161 on: August 27, 2013, 04:23:46 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

For what it's worth, what do you think about the Lakers? I can't name another team that can even come close to our offensive efficiency, and we're pretty sound defensively. I worry that our lack of marketable players will do us in though. The fact that our team hasn't been critiqued much, let alone complimented, makes me wonder if our team is simply too boring.

I'm not sure; I'm still assessing.

My concerns are having two defensive liabilities in the starting lineup.  You've done a good job covering for Dirk, because Mbah a Moute can cover PFs, and Gasol is of course an excellent defender.  The only teams that will burn Dirk's defense are teams that have strong offensive options at SF, PF, and C.  Not a huge concern.

The back court is a little bigger concern.  I don't like Matthews covering PGs, and Calderon is a truly terrible defender.  There are a lot of really good PGs, and this opens you up to some vulnerabilities.

Offensively, I love the balance of Gasol / Dirk, and you've got great shooting surrounding them.  It's a solid variation on the Orlando D12 offense.  Teams may be able to double off of Mbah a Moute, but otherwise it's a very strong offense.

« Reply #162 on: August 27, 2013, 05:02:39 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Thanks for the reply.

From your comments, it seems like we really only have one defensive liability rather than two, with that one being Calderon. By saying you don't like Matthews covering PGs, are you implying Calderon would be better off guarding the opposing SGs? To me, wouldn't that make Calderon even more of a liability? With Dirk and Marc both being solid help defenders down low, we're well equipped to challenge any dribble penetration given up by Calderon. I'd rather have that than Calderon giving up a huge height disadvantage. Besides, I think a team can afford to have one defensive liability; Calderon is going to be our weak link, but the rest of the starters can pick up the slack, especially under the guidance of Thibs.

That being said, your comments have made me realize it makes more sense having Pondexter as the starting SF. Teams can't afford to double off him, and he can also guard opposing PGs (although like I said earlier, I'm not too sure how beneficial that'd be). LRMAM is mainly there to contain bigger SFs that QP might have some trouble with. I should add that LRMAM is arguably the best defender to throw at Lebron, KD, Melo, etc. We have a lot of positional versatility to match up with all sorts of teams.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:13:11 PM by rondoallaturca »

« Reply #163 on: August 27, 2013, 05:15:50 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
SAN ANTONIO SPURS

PG Kemba Walker
SG Andre Iguodala/Marcus Thornton
SF Danny Granger
PF Kevin Love/Thaddeus Young
C JaVale McGee

Coach Rick Carlisle

WW- I think that, from a talent and value standpoint, you have one of the absolute top teams.

From a chemistry standpoint, I have no idea how to this team works. I don't think you are set up to maximize these players; I would start wheeling and dealing. If you were able to deal Love and Granger for more up-tempo players of comparable skill level, you could have the team that the Nuggets are trying to be. If you could trade Javale for a more conventional down-low defensive anchor type center, you could have a great half-court team that still has guys that will push some exciting transitions. Right now, you're stuck in a weird limbo.

San Antonio will commit to an up-tempo game. John Wooden himself called Love the best outlet passer since Walton, so while he may not be the quickest power forward in the NBA he's very much the engine of our fast break. We want to exploit Walker and Iguodala in the open floor. It should be enough that are three other big men, McGee, Young and Zeller are gazelles.

« Reply #164 on: August 27, 2013, 05:20:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Updated Milwaukee Bukcs roster:

PG: Mike Conley / Jerryd Bayless
SG: JJ Redick / Alonzo Gee
SF: Paul George / Trevor Ariza
PF: Ryan Anderson / Reggie Evans
 C: Emeka Okafor

So, whaddya tink?