Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

Trade Idea - Love to Sixers

(1/6) > >>

Moranis:
Love can be traded on January 23rd.  Assuming he is healthy at some point before the trade deadline, I think the Cavs will move him.  Looking around the league, the team that makes a lot of sense for Love is the Sixers.  He would be a great fit between Embiid and Butler.

So here is the trade idea

Love, Korver

for

Fultz, Patton, Korkmaz, Chandler

Cavs get to fully rebuild and get to take a flyer on Fultz and 2 younger players in Patton and Korkmaz.

Sixers end up significantly strengthening their starting lineup and shooting.  Post trade the Sixers would then be Embiid, Love, Butler, Redick, Simmons with McConnell, Korver, Muscala, Shamet (and would add Smith next year). 

Who:
I think the Sixers are better off without K-Love. Love is a terrible defender and he won't get many shots / touches with Embiid, Jimmy Butler and Ben Simmons all getting theirs first. Slow footed stagnant player on offense too (in transition and in halfcourt).

Philly is better off without Love.

tazzmaniac:
I wouldn't do that trade if I'm the Sixers.  Love and Redick in the starting lineup would kill their defense. 

footey:

--- Quote from: Moranis on November 10, 2018, 08:35:29 PM ---Love can be traded on January 23rd.  Assuming he is healthy at some point before the trade deadline, I think the Cavs will move him.  Looking around the league, the team that makes a lot of sense for Love is the Sixers.  He would be a great fit between Embiid and Butler.

So here is the trade idea

Love, Korver

for

Fultz, Patton, Korkmaz, Chandler

Cavs get to fully rebuild and get to take a flyer on Fultz and 2 younger players in Patton and Korkmaz.

Sixers end up significantly strengthening their starting lineup and shooting.  Post trade the Sixers would then be Embiid, Love, Butler, Redick, Simmons with McConnell, Korver, Muscala, Shamet (and would add Smith next year).

--- End quote ---

Why do you come up with trade ideas on Celticsstrong that makes our competitor better and doesn’t involve the Celtics?  Shouldn’t you do that on Liberty Ballers? I know you have the right to propose any trade you want, but as soon as I read the title, I knew it was your idea. Not saying it’s a bad idea.  I just don’t understand your motivations on a site the common denominator of which is being a fan of the Celtics.
Questioning another poster's fanhood is against the rules. Please do not do it again.

DefenseWinsChamps:
That's a good trade. I think the Cavs know they probably can't get much for Love at this point. For the Sixers, it gives them another shooter and intelligent player with playoff experience.

Long-term, I don't like the Sexton-Fultz backcourt, but it's good value in the immediate. Maybe one could get flipped later on.

In fairness, they get a one-year rental on Patton. He then becomes an UFA. Same with Korkmaz. Still, not a bad trade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version