Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

Should we have traded for Kawhi?

(1/5) > >>

Roy H.:
Assume San Antonio would have taken Jaylen, Morris, Rozier, Yabu and a non-premium pick for Kawhi.

In hindsight, do you do that deal?

Celtic:
I think we won't know the answer until the offseason. If Kawhi bolts for LA, I'm glad we didn't, if he resigns, was a probably a mistake.

Danny may be in Anthony Davis only trade mode.

Right now, for me, it's a push. I think the Celtics will end up getting a lot better by the playoffs and eventually will be better than Toronto, but Kawhi has looked great.

rondofan1255:
I’d vote no assuming they didn’t have a good idea if he’d stay

slamtheking:
without some assurance Kawhi stays after this year, I'd still be a No.  If he said he's here for the long haul, the deal probably would have been done.

Kawhi doesn't solve Hayward's issues and doesn't necessarily change the chemistry issues.  We're also thinner on the bench and Morris has been big for us this year. 

Moranis:
For that package, I would have done it without question as Brown is the only guy in that trade that is likely here next year anyway and the team really doesn't need another late 1st.  Boston not only puts out a team that is capable of winning the title this year, but it also would have eliminated all Eastern teams from having a real shot.  Now, Toronto looks like it might be the best team in the conference because of Leonard and Philly or Milwaukee would have been as well had they acquired Leonard as well and even without Leonard Milwaukee and Philly aren't that much worse than Boston such that a key injury and they might beat Boston, which says nothing of Toronto.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version