Author Topic: Another possible member of our cheerleading squad? (Boki Nachbar)  (Read 3021 times)

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Quote from: www.nj.com
Boki Nachbar just called from Slovenia, mostly to have a chinwag, and to issue his unofficial goodbye.

You've seen it written around here before: This is a special kid, and one of the few adults in the room, so he's dealing with his exile from New Jersey better than others would, even though he was one of the few players who truly loved it here.

But he sensed a few days ago that his time had elapsed.

"I had been talking to Marc (Cornstein) throughout the process, so I was prepared for it," Boki said. "I guess I can only say that it's definitely a sign that I won't be in New Jersey. But it's also a good indicator that I can focus on other teams now.

"But there's no way I'm disappointed or panicky - it's what happens in the NBA. I knew they might not go in my direction. So I'm not shocked at all."

He wasn't at liberty to disclose the options he has left - suffice it to say, there are three or four other teams that seem viable, with no solid offers yet - but he hopes something shakes out pretty soon. East or West, it doesn't matter, he added.

I'd be cool with adding Boki...he'd be the second deep reserve three point shooting tweener white guy we signed from New Jersey
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 08:38:31 PM by IndeedProceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Another possible member of our cheerleading squad?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I don't mind Nachbar, and "Bostjan" sounds an awfully lot like "Boston".  (Boki?  Really?)

Assuming we sign Posey, though, I don't think we have room.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Another possible member of our cheerleading squad? (Boki Nachbar)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 08:46:52 PM »

Offline desertgreen

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 0
ugh. He needs to play overseas. Hasn't found a home yet on the few teams he's been on. Another Jiri Welsch? Lots of other talent we could sign to MLE offers if Posey says no.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 09:10:05 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
ugh. He needs to play overseas. Hasn't found a home yet on the few teams he's been on. Another Jiri Welsch? Lots of other talent we could sign to MLE offers if Posey says no.

He had a really good 06/07...and an ok 07/08

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 10:22:32 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Bad Back (disc issues) could be issue. Had an MRI not operable. Source ESPN

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 10:29:37 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

Don't know what you are talking about really. He had a solid last two seasons, averaging close to 10 points a game off the bench.  He'd be a good shooter to have on the bench I agree with that statement. 

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 02:06:09 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Boki is a solid player. I'm not for paying him full MLE money though. Similar contract to Posey signed last year and I'm happy enough.