Poll

Chooose?

Mbah a Moute, Luc Richard
6 (46.2%)
Ilyasova, Ersan
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Better role player Ilyasova or Mbah a Moute?  (Read 1864 times)

Better role player Ilyasova or Mbah a Moute?
« on: September 08, 2010, 08:20:10 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Milwaukee Bucks has both player. Just gauging to see what others impression of both players.

Re: Better role player Ilyasova or Mbah a Moute?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 08:27:55 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Ilyasova is a binky of mine.  Love his game and he's extremly young. His game is only going to get better

I think Mbah a Moute already has a defined role and is more established as a true "role player" in the sense.

So I voted Mbah a Moute but feel that Ilyasova has more upside if that makes sense.

EDIT:  I'd take either on the Celtics in a heartbeat.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:03:28 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Ilyasova is a binky of mine.  Love his game and he's extremly young. His game is only going to get better

I think Mbah a Moute already has a defined role and is more established as a true "role player" in the sense.

So I voted Mbah a Moute but feel that Ilyasova has more upside if that makes sense.

EDIT:  I'd take either on the Celtics in a heartbeat.
I feel exactly the same way.  TP.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 09:20:05 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Ilyasova has a chance to become a complete player, Mbah a Moute is definitely a role player.

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Mbah a Moute is more bankable: we know he can play all-defense team level defense at the small forward spot and can defend SG/PF at an extremely high level as well. So for a team that needs that, he's clearly the better role player.

For a young team trying to find all the pieces/looking forward/trying to collect talent, Ilyasova has a chance to be better overall...scoring punch, etc.

It's kind of like asking who is better (in their primes): Bruce Bowen or Stephen Jackson. Tricky answer: depends on the team. Both won titles with the spurs in different roles, and Jackson is clearly the better all-around player, but Bowen earned a longer tenure and more championships with the spurs. Not a perfect comparison, i'm sure, but you get the idea.

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 09:51:37 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Brings up an interesting idea though: doubt it would happen, but IF milwaukee decided they needed more bulk, i would absolutely deal Davis, filler, and a first for Delfino and Mbah-a-moute, Delfino and Ilyasova, or even Ilyasova and Douglas-Roberts or Mbah-a-Moute and Douglas-Roberts. But really, no reason i can think of for Milwaukee to do that. Delfino for Davis maybe (they have Moute, Delfino, Salmons, Maggette, Douglas-Roberts at the wing (Redd out til Feb.)).

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 10:03:04 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Ilyasova has a chance to become a complete player, Mbah a Moute is definitely a role player.

I second this statement

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 10:57:41 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Brings up an interesting idea though: doubt it would happen, but IF milwaukee decided they needed more bulk, i would absolutely deal Davis, filler, and a first for Delfino and Mbah-a-moute, Delfino and Ilyasova, or even Ilyasova and Douglas-Roberts or Mbah-a-Moute and Douglas-Roberts. But really, no reason i can think of for Milwaukee to do that. Delfino for Davis maybe (they have Moute, Delfino, Salmons, Maggette, Douglas-Roberts at the wing (Redd out til Feb.)).

Wow sign me up for this trade scenario. I'd Iove to see any of these trades made and love these players. TP to you sir! Also I enjoy your states Ale! Here here..

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 12:05:18 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Turk Nowitzki is an interesting talent, for sure, but if my team already has scorers I'd take The Prince any day.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 12:46:46 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Iliasovais to Nocioni
what Mbah is to Bowen

Ill go with the champ
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 01:07:12 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Let's see...

Ilyasova is a better rebounder and offensive player. Mbah a Moute is the better defender.

Ilyasova is a serviceable defender and his offense is a nice plus to his game. He can hit the outside jumper and has good spatial awareness.

Luc can guard 2 positions at a plus rate. His offense is the glaring weakness. You don't even have to cover him because there are no real ways for him to hurt you, with the exception of the occasional offensive putback.

It's interesting how they share the tweener role for the same positions at just about the same age, but I'd choose Ersan for this season and for the future.