Author Topic: Brandon Jennings is a fool  (Read 5568 times)

Brandon Jennings is a fool
« on: August 29, 2010, 11:24:00 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Did anyone just see what he said?! Can he honestly be serious?!

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68890/20100829/jennings_talks_about_his_own_dream_team/

Bucks guard Brandon Jennings was working out at the HAX Gym in Los Angeles recently and talked about forming his own Dream Team, similar to the Miami Heat.

"Everybody's trying to team up now to try to beat Kobe [Bryant]," Jennings told TMZ.com.

The Celtics added Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett to Paul Pierce a few years ago, while the Heat brought in LeBron James and Chris Bosh to play with Dwyane Wade this summer.

"So I guess me and Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry should all call each other in the next two years and try to hook up and play on the same team," Jennings surmised.

He added that he doesn't think teaming up is good for the NBA.

"You lose all the competition," he said.

Did he honestly just say that he, Tyreke Evans, and Stephen Curry should be put in the same discussion as PP, Ray, and KG?! Or that they are somehow on par with even Lebron, Wade, and Bosh?! What a completely stupid thing to say by someone who hasn't accomplished anything at all in this league. Not even in the discussion as one of the best players in this league, or the other two he chose to drag down with him. Wow these guys sometimes have pretty unfounded egos...

Re: Brandon Jennings is a fool
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 11:33:26 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
The fact that he mentioned those players in that regard means nothing to me... he's probably friends with them and they all came out of the same draft and said them, just like Wade, James, and Bosh are all friends who came out of the same draft.

The real issue here is that one of those players likely has to come off of the bench. Unless Evans is playing SF for that team... which is another problem. That team has no star big man. At least the Celtics and the Heat are well balanced.  :P

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 11:40:47 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
The fact that he mentioned those players in that regard means nothing to me... he's probably friends with them and they all came out of the same draft and said them, just like Wade, James, and Bosh are all friends who came out of the same draft.

The real issue here is that one of those players likely has to come off of the bench. Unless Evans is playing SF for that team... which is another problem. That team has no star big man. At least the Celtics and the Heat are well balanced.  :P

Don't you feel that the gap between their talent level and the other 2 groups though is so huge that the statement is ridiculous?! I mean that to me seems as stupid as BBD saying that he, Jamal Crawford, and Zaza Pachulia out to get together and team up so that they can beat Kobe… Come on. That comment is absolutely ridiculous!

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 12:04:46 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Don't you feel that the gap between their talent level and the other 2 groups though is so huge that the statement is ridiculous?! I mean that to me seems as stupid as BBD saying that he, Jamal Crawford, and Zaza Pachulia out to get together and team up so that they can beat Kobe… Come on. That comment is absolutely ridiculous!

Don't care.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I find it more absurd that he said PP Ray and KG teamed up to beat Kobe...  Kobe had done nothing himself when they teamed up...

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 12:05:31 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He was joking.

Notice all three play the same position?

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »

Offline Mad Hatter

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 75
it's called a joke, guys.

nothin he said got me mad. i really like seein B. Jennings play.

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 01:06:21 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 01:26:01 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 01:29:57 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
The difference is that they will be at a high level in the NBA very soon. You're underestimating Jamal Crawford by putting him with BBD and Pachulia, haha.

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 01:31:10 PM »

Offline Levis107

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9

Jennings, Evans, and Curry might not be on the same level as those guys now, but they all had outstanding rookie seasons and are the future stars of the league.  I don't see anything wrong with the comparison.  He was joking though anyway

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 01:32:19 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
He meant well even though it came out all wrong.lol

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 01:33:07 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I know Brandon Jennings is a fool but not because of this statement. I actually think this is one of the smarter things he has said in a while. He isnt implying that him, Curry, and Evans, are in the same place as the two other big threes, he is just making a point. They are probably all best friends coming out of the same draft class and their contracts expire at the same time. I think the OP is reading a little too much into this...

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 01:39:44 PM »

Offline Mad Hatter

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 75

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 01:39:58 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

lol no... when I read his statement I knew he was kidding. he's not saying they are as good as ray, paul, and kg.

P.S. let me just say I can't stand Brandon Jennings... but this is nothing at all.