Author Topic: JR Smith In Green???  (Read 7467 times)

JR Smith In Green???
« on: August 24, 2010, 09:25:36 PM »

Offline beantownballer34

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
Am I the only one that would love to have jr smith on the celtics?? I Feel like a move for smith would put us over the top for banner 18.. I think we should trade big baby and a draft pick for jr... Heres some reasons how i feel like it would work n why we should make the move..

Big Baby isnt going to get alot of playing time which could end up being a problem...denver could use him considering the fact that kenyon martin is injory prone

Jr smith is a deadly scorer which we could use off the bench and ive always said when hes on fire hes one of the best scorers in the league because he cant be stopped and he could be a good fill in if ray is having a off night and let be serious you would love to see him run the break with rondo

& also by trading big baby we can give harangody and semih erden a chance to grow n develope

tell me what you guys think!!

Re: JR Smith In Green???
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 09:33:08 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Hes a talented player, but hes on the trading block for a reason.

I dont care too much for the guy, so I guess my answer is no.
Greg

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 09:40:04 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I would love him here, just not for that deal. I think we should be able to get him for some picks.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 10:19:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
It would take more than draft pick and BBD to get Smith.  Would do that deal, but it will never be offered.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 10:23:22 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I thought about this early
In this team JR become our version of tony allen
really with a little more stroke and less penetration I dont know it thats what we want
hes still better than any of our backups for pierce, so even if hes small he can be an upgrade
mixed feelings
I am not sure
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 10:30:55 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Am I the only one that would love to have jr smith on the celtics?? I Feel like a move for smith would put us over the top for banner 18.. I think we should trade big baby and a draft pick for jr... Heres some reasons how i feel like it would work n why we should make the move..

Big Baby isnt going to get alot of playing time which could end up being a problem...denver could use him considering the fact that kenyon martin is injory prone

Jr smith is a deadly scorer which we could use off the bench and ive always said when hes on fire hes one of the best scorers in the league because he cant be stopped and he could be a good fill in if ray is having a off night and let be serious you would love to see him run the break with rondo

& also by trading big baby we can give harangody and semih erden a chance to grow n develope

tell me what you guys think!!

Hi, good idea!

in december the Celtics could make a trade of

Marquis+Davis for JR and Denver's 2012 first round pick

I doubt if the Celtics would do this (I'm not sure if JR is a better player than Davis for the Celtics system), and Denver might not wait until december or might not like Davis and Marquis.

It would be possible only if Perk is ready to play by January and/or Wallace pulls a PJ Brown like the Captain said. Then all would make sense:

Perk/Shaq/Wallace/Erden
KG/JO/Wallace/Harangody
Pierce/JR Smith/Ray/Harangody
Ray/JR Smith/Wafer/Bradley
Rondo/Nate/Bradley

that's 14 players... I'm assuming Oliver and Gaffney will be cut by the Celtics or the team they are traded to (if they had any trade value).

Looks like a good team, but if Perk and Wallace are not able to play for the Celtics, they will need Davis, so he's not going anywhere.

The 2012 pick might be good, late teens or early 20s. Another asset to build the team around Rondo.

would you do it?

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 10:36:56 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Am I the only one that would love to have jr smith on the celtics??

No you are not the only one.  There is a thread from 2 days ago where everyone debated this same thing:
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=41295.0

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 09:25:30 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Am I the only one that would love to have jr smith on the celtics??

No you are not the only one.  There is a thread from 2 days ago where everyone debated this same thing:
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=41295.0

This.  And like I continue to say:  BBD will play more than people think, especially in the regular season.

Shaq does not play every game and Doc will want to rest the bigs and not overuse them.  BBD will be happy to play as many regular season minutes as he can and this will be valuable to our team come Playoffs.

I'm fine with Nate Robinson as our off the bench offense guy.  At backup swing we just need a guy who can hit open j's and is athletic and plays D.  I don't think we need a guy who takes a lot of 3's and is super streaky.  Again, Nate Robinson fills that role and can play backup PG.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 11:02:44 AM »

Offline beantownballer34

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
yea i understand what everybody is saying but the fact is the market is very small for a good upgrade to backup at the 3 and lets be honest im not comfortable with marquis bein the primary backup for pierce..unless somehow the celtics can get shane battier from houston Jr smith is our best bet.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 06:06:08 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I thought about this early
In this team JR become our version of tony allen
really with a little more stroke and less penetration I dont know it thats what we want
hes still better than any of our backups for pierce, so even if hes small he can be an upgrade
mixed feelings
I am not sure

I'd rather have JR than who we got right now.  Even though I think the Von Wafer signing is really going to work out.  I would love if we signed D-West and traded for JR with a pick or a sign and trade with Scal, something along the lines of that (I would not give up Baby!).
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 06:14:13 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I'd rather we stick with our current team, give the young guys and marquis the time at sf backup and see how that works out.  We do not need to make a move just for the sake of making a move.  Once the season starts let's see what happens.
like: yao gets hurt again(i hope not) BUT if he did battier becomes available

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 06:21:45 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Young Moneyyyyy

*throws gang sign*
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 08:34:12 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
JR Smith for Bradley and Baby and the unguaranteed guys works in the trade machine, but I'm not sure Denver would trade JR for anything but a 2-guard.  They are pretty well stocked everywhere else (not sure where Baby would fit in with Nene, Kenyon, Birdman and Harrington).  I guess if they really liked Bradley.

Talent-wise JR Smith is very much worth it.  The comparison has been made before but he really is like Nate + about a foot and that's a darn good player.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 11:37:46 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
JR Smith for Bradley and Baby and the unguaranteed guys works in the trade machine, but I'm not sure Denver would trade JR for anything but a 2-guard.  They are pretty well stocked everywhere else (not sure where Baby would fit in with Nene, Kenyon, Birdman and Harrington).  I guess if they really liked Bradley.

Talent-wise JR Smith is very much worth it.  The comparison has been made before but he really is like Nate + about a foot and that's a darn good player.

That'd be a terrible trade for us and Denver would be dumb not to except that trade.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 01:53:09 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
with "Denver looking to blow it up" and trade away K-Mart, Melo and JR Smith, i wouldn't mind trading Bradley for Smith. I'm excited about Avery Bradley but i'd rather have a proven 6th man with starter talent on this championship team than a nice 6th man 3-4 years later when we're not a contender.

- LilRip
- LilRip