Author Topic: Eddie House bitter  (Read 4588 times)

Eddie House bitter
« on: August 23, 2010, 02:01:40 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
So did anyone read the article about Eddie House being bitter about the Celtics trading him to the NYK?

heres the link: http://www.csnne.com/08/23/10/House-stung-by-trade-hopes-for-revenge-o/v1_landing_celtics.html?blockID=295658&feedID=3945

So yeh, he signed with the Heat cuz he wanted a little revenge on Bos and wants to torch us in the playoffs?

what are your thoughts about this?

Personally I'm not afraid because he used to be on our team, so we know his shooting style and House wasn't always consistent

Re: Eddie House bitter
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 02:06:49 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'm a lot more worried about LeBron and Wade and Bosh.

I understand why he's miffed about that trade though, of course you wouldn't want to leave.  This part is laughable though:

When you feel like you're a main part of what the team is doing

You were never a "main part" Eddie.  You are a guy that can get hot from 3 and no more.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:12:44 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 02:11:51 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Yeah, I miss Eddie and what he did for us, but Nate brings more to the table, IMO.

And if Eddie thinks we are just going to let him sit there and hit threes on us, he's sadly mistaken.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 02:14:16 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I have no qualms about Eddie being miffed.  I'd probably be the same way if I got traded from a title contender that I had spent years with to, arguably, one of the most messed up organizations in sports. 

I'd want revenge too.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 02:14:29 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Read this earlier .. "Boston on steroids" :o  The NBA know where to send the cups to pee in then!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 02:17:22 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach

I understand why he's miffed about that trade though.  This part is laughable though:

You were never a "main part" Eddie.  You are a guy that can get hot from 3 and no more.

Getting hot from 3...isn't that sort of like the bench's version of 'the big 3'? If I do recall he was better from range than the likes of Rasheed and Marquis, though it will be Ray Allen, and not a bench-player who will be chasing after Reggie's 3-point record this season (barring injuries, of course).

I remember at one point last season, Pierce was shooting 45% from 3, and this was leading up to him winning the 3-point contest on All-Star weekend so it would definitely help if we had role-players who can make big shots for us as well. That is all.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 02:18:34 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
he was a main part of our bench, he bought energy and intensity when he was here...provided help off the bench

but saying Miami is Boston on steroids feels like hes kinda insulting us...

my respect meter for Eddie just went down =(

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 02:43:59 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

I understand why he's miffed about that trade though.  This part is laughable though:

You were never a "main part" Eddie.  You are a guy that can get hot from 3 and no more.

Getting hot from 3...isn't that sort of like the bench's version of 'the big 3'? If I do recall he was better from range than the likes of Rasheed and Marquis, though it will be Ray Allen, and not a bench-player who will be chasing after Reggie's 3-point record this season (barring injuries, of course).

I remember at one point last season, Pierce was shooting 45% from 3, and this was leading up to him winning the 3-point contest on All-Star weekend so it would definitely help if we had role-players who can make big shots for us as well. That is all.

Not saying he didn't provide a valuable service but he was decent at best at everything but shooting threes.  He was not a "main part" of the championship run.  You could swap other players for House and we would of been just fine.

He was better shooting 3's than Quis and Sheed, but that's not saying much at all.  Nate provides similar shooting ability and can actually back up the PG position and play some D.  Not always as consitent in the past, but this year I think he should be more dependable.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:59:33 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 03:44:06 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Best of luck to eddie for the rest of his career.  He helped us win it all but  ::)
Hey eddie, I want to see how much you'll help Miami or any team at this point against ray allen & rajon rondo.  Actually Nate for that matter.  Love eddie but he can barely bring the ball over mid court, yes he can shoot the threes but he can't guard too many backourt guys anymore.

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 03:54:38 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Can’t wait to watch Eddie House try and cover Rondo/Nate... that should be hilarious.

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 04:03:04 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Can’t wait to watch Eddie House try and cover Rondo/Nate... that should be hilarious.
Eddie has defended Nate plenty of times in the past when we played the Knicks. I don't think he is particularly scared. Did we go into games against the Knicks worrying about that?

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
No big deal here, this is what makes sports fun.

Imagine if no player or fan base never ever talked trash. We'd have gone mad with boredom long ago.

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 06:12:24 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Yo....don't be a bum  Eddie. We loved you, don't hate.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 06:20:34 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Oh well. You know what Eddie? Crap happens... If you could dribble or fill a role that this team needed you probably would have stayed here... Unfortunately you didnt. Its not your fault you are a mediocre player that is undersized and can steakingly shoot your way to mediocre NBA contracts. Have fun riding Lebron, Wade, and Bosh's coattails to the Eastern Conference semis.

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 07:40:09 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Was a little disappointed when he signed with the Heat; but can't blame him for being let down. He put his all into the team and Boston embraced him so yeah he was an important part of it.

Now he will have plenty of opportunities to rain threes on opposing teams when Miami is up by 20 (not my favorite part of his game - but helped pad the stats).