Author Topic: T-mac signs with Pistons for Vet Min.  (Read 7412 times)

T-mac signs with Pistons for Vet Min.
« on: August 07, 2010, 09:14:43 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Tracy McGrady has been signed by the Detroit Pistons to a one year minimum contract, a source close to the situation tells DraftExpress.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress

Re: T-mac signs with Pistons for Vet Min.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 09:24:10 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Well he's not chasing a ring...

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 09:27:18 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I hope Detroit doesn't play McGrady ahead of Austin Daye. That youngster needs minutes.

I can't see any minutes in Detroit for McGrady. Not that are in the Pistons best interest.

The backcourt is already overflowing with the presence of Will Bynum (should be a three man rotation of Stuckey, Rip and Gordon). The wings have Tayshaun, Daye and Jerebko + an interesting third stringer in DaJuan Summers.

There aren't any minutes available and any minutes Tracy gets he'll likely be taking away from Detroit's younger players.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 09:45:22 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Well he's not chasing a ring...

lol, Obviously. This is Tracy McGrady we're talking about - this guy still hasn't carried a team out of the first round of the playoffs, in fact the only year that his team ever left the first round was in 2009 while he was on the bench with an injury.

To make matters worse, Yao Ming suffered an injury in the Lakers' series that side-lined him for the entire 2009-10 season and Ron Artest was traded to the Lakers at the beginning of that very same season.

Let's just say that T-Mac's Rockets weren't the team that I remember watching as a child; as a fellow Nigerian Hakeem was one of my favorite players so it is sad to see the Rockets struggle season after season. Personally, I think Yao Ming is vastly overrated.  ::)
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 11:21:14 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I hope Detroit doesn't play McGrady ahead of Austin Daye. That youngster needs minutes.

I can't see any minutes in Detroit for McGrady. Not that are in the Pistons best interest.

The backcourt is already overflowing with the presence of Will Bynum (should be a three man rotation of Stuckey, Rip and Gordon). The wings have Tayshaun, Daye and Jerebko + an interesting third stringer in DaJuan Summers.

There aren't any minutes available and any minutes Tracy gets he'll likely be taking away from Detroit's younger players.

Unless they are looking to move Prince for an asset

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 01:51:53 AM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
he hasnt signed anything :P
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 09:25:49 PM »

Offline Celticsfan336

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
I think he will play, and the pistons will use prince/rip as tradebait.

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 09:55:49 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
Tray McGrady should have stayed with the Knicks.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 09:59:15 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
I'm surprised by this actually.  He probably won't be saying too much in the near future since he kinda got shut up and shut off by the Bulls.

The Pistons already have a pretty crowded backcourt.  I have a feeling he signed in Detroit because no other team would take him.

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 10:05:55 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
I'm surprised by this actually.  He probably won't be saying too much in the near future since he kinda got shut up and shut off by the Bulls.

The Pistons already have a pretty crowded backcourt.  I have a feeling he signed in Detroit because no other team would take him.

No other team would take him? I'm sure that out of the Cavs, Kings, Warriors, Raptors, or Clippers one of those teams would have shown some interest in him.

Heck I can remember all of the naysayers on this blog who said that the fact that T-Mac wasn't willing to come off the bench here was because he didn't want to play for a championship-level team. If that's so then why would he leave the Knicks to go play for the Pistons, a team that is only slightly better than a lottery-team, even after running Allen Iverson out of town so they could start Rodney Stuckey at point (honestly I don't think Stuckey is among the top 15 pgs in this league).

T-Mac should've just stayed w/ the Knicks now that they have Amare Stoudamire and just waited until that team found an all-star level point-guard.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 10:11:24 PM by Witch-King »

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 10:27:27 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Heard this wasn't a done deal.

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 10:28:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'd love T-Mac here.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 10:54:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I wouldn't he has " has been " wrote all over him.

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 12:10:27 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If this is true awful deal for McGrady... If thats the case I would have loved to see Boston give him the vet min to be the back up 3... I mean seriously?He chose the Pistons? Wow.

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 12:51:56 AM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
He has not signed, and is not close to signing.

He is being considered by detroit tho.
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.