Author Topic: Typical NBA  (Read 8504 times)

Typical NBA
« on: February 23, 2020, 06:33:18 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Is there a sport as bad as the NBA that refs get involved during crucial moments and completely screw up even a replay? How about the the goaltending call they overturned after Lebron cried? Those refs should be fined for their horrible bias calls today for the Lakers.

Re: Typical NBA
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 06:35:10 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Is there a sport as bad as the NBA that refs get involved during crucial moments and completely screw up even a replay? How about the the goaltending call they overturned after Lebron cried? Those refs should be fined for their horrible bias calls today for the Lakers.

They called that an inadvertanted whistle when it was clearly a goaltender so they wouldn't have to review it. In a two point game all those bad calls add up!

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 06:38:51 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum

They called that an inadvertanted whistle when it was clearly a goaltender so they wouldn't have to review it. In a two point game all those bad calls add up!

It was horrendous. It was cleary goaltending and Lebron jumps up and cries and then they reverse it calling an inadvertent whistle? There was no whistle and those refs should have to answer for that.
Also the tech, even though he missed, was horrible on Stevens on a call that the refs blew. Just god awful calls against the Celtics it was a complete joke by these refs. Horrible that they are allowed to be this bad and not have to answer for it.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 06:41:08 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

WWE  ;D

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 06:41:22 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
The solution is to boycott the NBA.

As long as a lot of fans pay to watch the NBA, they will never change their ways.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 06:47:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

It was horrendous. It was cleary goaltending and Lebron jumps up and cries and then they reverse it calling an inadvertent whistle? There was no whistle and those refs should have to answer for that.
Also the tech, even though he missed, was horrible on Stevens on a call that the refs blew. Just god awful calls against the Celtics it was a complete joke by these refs. Horrible that they are allowed to be this bad and not have to answer for it.

That's three points in a two point game and that wasn't all!!!!

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 07:46:13 PM »

Offline BackDoorCut

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
How about the Marc Davis flinch where he called JB out of bounds. Embarrassing that this is the officiating for an NBA league. They also missed an obvious goaltend on JB as well.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 08:14:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
How about the Marc Davis flinch where he called JB out of bounds. Embarrassing that this is the officiating for an NBA league. They also missed an obvious goaltend on JB as well.
I thought the JB call the most egregious, most terrible. Davis closed his eyes and looked away as he tried to avoid contact, could not have seen where Brown's feet were, but called it out of bounds anyway. How can you whistle a player out of bounds when your eyes are closed and you are looking in the other direction? UNREAL.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 08:16:38 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Aren't you guys tired of complaining about the refs? I mean, if the Celtics are complaining, what should the small market teams do?

Btw, imo the refs got it right on the Smart-AD play. The way I see it, the ball comes off Smart's hand. Not to mention, Tatum had his fair share of star calls. I remember a foul on Caruso which was questionable to say the least.

Personally speaking, I enjoyed the game. Tatum scored 41 in Staples Center and the C's look like a legit contending team. Unfortunately, we lost. At the end of the day, it was just a regular season game.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 08:26:38 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2020, 09:01:47 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Aren't you guys tired of complaining about the refs? I mean, if the Celtics are complaining, what should the small market teams do?

Btw, imo the refs got it right on the Smart-AD play. The way I see it, the ball comes off Smart's hand. Not to mention, Tatum had his fair share of star calls. I remember a foul on Caruso which was questionable to say the least.

Personally speaking, I enjoyed the game. Tatum scored 41 in Staples Center and the C's look like a legit contending team. Unfortunately, we lost. At the end of the day, it was just a regular season game.

Let the people vent already, besides there were questionable which is funny how you defend the Lakers on plays..

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2020, 09:07:14 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
The only call that still has me ticked is the out of bounds on JB call.

Yes the goaltend was a blown call but we won the jump ball and then sank a 3pointer.  So we ended up +1 out of the whole thing

....not to mention we got away with a goaltend on them as well.

At the end of the day Hayward missed an off balance layup and LeBron made a clutch shot.  That’s what lost the game
Greg

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2020, 09:10:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I complain about the refs not because I think they lost the Celtics any games this year(though that Houston loss might be debatable) but because I think the league has an officiating problem. I am not sure any other major American sport has as many blatantly awful and just outright wrong officiating calls or non calls on a per game basis as the NBA does. And I am not sure its even close.

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 11:14:36 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
The only call that still has me ticked is the out of bounds on JB call.

Yes the goaltend was a blown call but we won the jump ball and then sank a 3pointer.  So we ended up +1 out of the whole thing

....not to mention we got away with a goaltend on them as well.

At the end of the day Hayward missed an off balance layup and LeBron made a clutch shot.  That’s what lost the game

C’s didn’t win that jump. The Lakers didn’t score and then they cam down to shoot a 3. I get there are going to be bad calls in games but some of these calls were ridiculous. Did Marc Davis have money on the game? He was that bad. That T on Brad was a complete joke in that situation. Too many questionable calls by Marc Davis, either he just sucks as a ref or he is shady.

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2020, 11:16:54 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum

No you’re right, I should be happy about terrible officiating that otherwise ruined the outcome of a great game. I should rejoice that Marc Davis cleary decided any close calls would all go the Lakers way. Or a phantom inadvertent whistle that was only called after Lebron jumped up and down like a baby. This type of horrible officiating needs to be called out and explained.

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2020, 11:38:13 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
I don't have a problem with missed calls, but I do have a problem when they make a call when they didn't see it, but assume an outcome.  The out of bounds call bothered me the most.  I'd prefer they miss an out of bounds as opposed to make up something that didn't happen.  That really bothers me.