Author Topic: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread  (Read 165396 times)

Re: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread
« Reply #420 on: December 08, 2019, 08:50:06 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
https://youtu.be/sfM7_JLk-84

Looking forward to this.

me too, I think Gal Gadot nailed the wonder woman role

« Reply #421 on: December 08, 2019, 10:19:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Looking forward to this.

I think she's great in the role but I was hoping to see more of Kristen Wiig's character.  surprised they showed Steve Trevor -- would have been a helluva surprise in the theater

« Reply #422 on: December 08, 2019, 11:58:26 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Looking forward to this.

I think she's great in the role but I was hoping to see more of Kristen Wiig's character.  surprised they showed Steve Trevor -- would have been a helluva surprise in the theater

It's already been well known Steve will be back anyways so they didn't bother with the suspense.. They did keep fans guessing though how on earth Steve was alive and practically not aged since WW1.

« Reply #423 on: December 09, 2019, 09:18:15 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Looking forward to this.

It's already been well known Steve will be back anyways so they didn't bother with the suspense.. They did keep fans guessing though how on earth Steve was alive and practically not aged since WW1.
I must live under a rock because I had no idea he was coming back.  bet the blast knocked him into some sort of time warp propelling him to the future.  ::)

« Reply #424 on: December 28, 2020, 07:03:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I was disappointed by WW84.  It wasn’t terrible, but it was too long, and certain plot points seemed overly convenient and unearned.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #425 on: December 28, 2020, 07:19:57 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I was disappointed by WW84.  It wasn’t terrible, but it was too long, and certain plot points seemed overly convenient and unearned.
I agree!! Very disappointed is a understatement..way it started out, I thought it was going to be great but that was it.. I almost turn it off..mostly it was about Maxwell Lord character..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #426 on: December 28, 2020, 07:30:42 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 This movie was more ridiculous than Catwoman. I love BVS UE and MOS. I’m not a big superhero movie guy but I thought they were really well told dramas with action in them. That’s just more my thing. Wonder Woman I felt was this way as well so I dug it.
  I like some of the marvel movies like the first Iron Man and I see the appeal . From what I’ve seen Marvel I feel is like Jerry Bruvkheimwr movies like The rock, crimson tide.. maybe not as good but that same tone and it’s kind of the same formula but they obviously do a great job with the majority of moviegoers really enjoying them. More pirates of the Caribbean swashbuckling humor  thing.
  WW84 tried to take on that tone and maybe they did it duccesssfully, I have t seen enough Marvel flicks to know. But I can’t imagine many movies have such a weird incoherent story. Sooo many things that made zero sense. I honestly found it really confusing. I was stuck thinking “ what is this guy suppose to be?” I don’t get it?” There was seriously screwed up immoral things going on from the heroes too that I know it couldn’t have been intentional but it is soooo cringey. I was shocked they made this. Does anyone know what I mean by really not appropriate part?

« Reply #427 on: December 28, 2020, 07:37:24 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I agree!! Very disappointed is a understatement..way it started out, I thought it was going to be great but that was it.. I almost turn it off..mostly it was about Maxwell Lord character..
Major disappointment considering how good Wonder Woman was.  Personally I didn't even like the start.  3 days later and there is nothing memorable from it. 

« Reply #428 on: December 28, 2020, 07:49:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Felt both WW movies were okay but feature lackluster endings. I feel it definitely made more for younger audience, feel children would like all the messages and less finalities sort of speak. At certain points it did lack little sense but don't feel kids would care. Good movie considering how little is available in 2020

« Reply #429 on: December 28, 2020, 07:50:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Major disappointment considering how good Wonder Woman was.  Personally I didn't even like the start.  3 days later and there is nothing memorable from it.

I liked the flashback in the first three minutes.  It was kind of like the Phantom Menace’s pod race:  good spectacle only tangentially related to the rest of the movie.

This script never should have been approved.  The acting was good, the direction seemed fine for what there was to work with, but it just wasn’t a compelling story.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #430 on: December 28, 2020, 07:53:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
thought WW84 was a bit disappointing.  the Max Lord character/storyline/conclusion was not particularly engrossing or well done IMHO.  They would have been better off reducing the length and focussing more on Cheetah/Kristen Wiig who I found to be much better than expected in that role.  the final resolution was just nonsense.

« Reply #431 on: August 06, 2021, 01:11:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Anybody watched Suicide Squad yet?

With James Gunn directing, I had high expectations.  After seeing reviews (90+% positive on Rotten Tomatoes) I expected even more.

I was disappointed.  The opening was good, and King Shark was effective.  I thought the rest was fairly boring.  Yes, there’s gore and heavy profanity, but it didn’t seem to have much soul or purpose to me.

Thanks

« Reply #432 on: August 06, 2021, 01:29:50 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Watched The Losers for the first time last weekend.  Wasn't half bad and if it had been marketed a bit more, might had set itself up for a nice franchise run of a couple of movies.  I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a talent you just don't hear much about.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #433 on: August 06, 2021, 02:49:29 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Not sure what came over me, but I've been watching Netflix's reboot of the Masters of the Universe series.  I was kind of sentimental when I saw it advertised.  I have to say, it's pretty decent and true to spirit of the whole thing, with a bit more polish and modernized spin.
Yup

« Reply #434 on: August 06, 2021, 03:50:10 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Anybody watched Suicide Squad yet?

With James Gunn directing, I had high expectations.  After seeing reviews (90+% positive on Rotten Tomatoes) I expected even more.

I was disappointed.  The opening was good, and King Shark was effective.  I thought the rest was fairly boring.  Yes, there’s gore and heavy profanity, but it didn’t seem to have much soul or purpose to me.

Thanks

I saw it last night in IMAX, and loved it. I'm watching it again tonight on HBO Max.