Author Topic: Joker  (Read 16366 times)

Re: Joker
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2020, 08:02:40 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Will someone tell Casperian to not  hold back his thoughts about Joker.

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2020, 09:22:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Will someone tell Casperian to not  hold back his thoughts about Joker.
I am still trying to tell if he like the film from the cryptic message he posted. I think he liked Joakim Phoenix's performance but not sure about anything else.😏

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2020, 11:25:07 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
  The media should be ashamed of themselves. They started hysteria around this movie that should never have come up.

This is how CNN describes it:

"The movie featuring Joaquin Phoenix is about a marginalized clown that goes on a killing rampage."

Does anyone who has actually watched the film consider that depiction having any sort of accuracy?

I mean, one of the few complaints I have is that there's a lack of killing rampage as it is, and even if it had it, what's the problem?

As I've read somewhere else, we hail John Wick as a hero because he's dropped 800 or so bodies because his dog was killed.
Horrible take by CNN. And the killing rampage never really existed. He killed 7 people in the movie, 2 guys in self defense and his mom's killing could have been considered euthanasia, though I think it was revenge for lying to him and abusing him as a child. And the last was actually in Arkham Asylum after he was captured.
Ok, so I need to know what happened to Sophie (Zazie Beetz) after Joker entered her apartment ("I had a bad day"). The last scene was of him sitting on her couch and then holding his hand to his head like he's discharging a gun. He then is seen walking out of her apartment, hastily. What happened to Sophie????

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2020, 12:37:36 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
  The media should be ashamed of themselves. They started hysteria around this movie that should never have come up.

"The movie featuring Joaquin Phoenix is about a marginalized clown that goes on a killing rampage."

Does anyone who has actually watched the film consider that depiction having any sort of accuracy?

I mean, one of the few complaints I have is that there's a lack of killing rampage as it is, and even if it had it, what's the problem?

As I've read somewhere else, we hail John Wick as a hero because he's dropped 800 or so bodies because his dog was killed.
Horrible take by CNN. And the killing rampage never really existed. He killed 7 people in the movie, 2 guys in self defense and his mom's killing could have been considered euthanasia, though I think it was revenge for lying to him and abusing him as a child. And the last was actually in Arkham Asylum after he was captured.
Ok, so I need to know what happened to Sophie (Zazie Beetz) after Joker entered her apartment ("I had a bad day"). The last scene was of him sitting on her couch and then holding his hand to his head like he's discharging a gun. He then is seen walking out of her apartment, hastily. What happened to Sophie????

Arthur did not do anything to her. I think you have to look back to the scene where Randall and Gary go to see Arthur, after they hear about his mother. Arthur told Gary he could leave the apartment, because he was the only person that was ever nice to him. I see Sophie the same way as Gary. She recognized Arthur on the elevator, and it meant so much to him that we see them “together” in various different scenes after that. In those scenes and in his mind, she was always nice to Arthur.

I also think the director confirmed she wasn’t killed during an interview.

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2020, 01:08:01 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Arthur did not do anything to her. I think you have to look back to the scene where Randall and Gary go to see Arthur, after they hear about his mother. Arthur told Gary he could leave the apartment, because he was the only person that was ever nice to him. I see Sophie the same way as Gary. She recognized Arthur on the elevator, and it meant so much to him that we see them “together” in various different scenes after that. In those scenes and in his mind, she was always nice to Arthur.

I also think the director confirmed she wasn’t killed during an interview.
I agree, thanks. I was just curious what people thought about him leaving the apartment the way he did. Maybe he was there looking to vent about the "bad day" he had but she was all creeped out about him being in her apartment and asked him to leave. He probably understood where she was coming from and stormed out. I just wish it was cleared up in the movie.