Author Topic: R-E-L-A-X, We'll Be Just Fine (Update: We're Doing Better!)  (Read 8123 times)

Re: R-E-L-A-X, We'll Be Just Fine
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2018, 12:30:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Still relaxing ?

100%

Pacers are 8-5 now, Sixers 8-6. Bucks have also lost 2 of their last 3. Should they be panicking too? Besides the Raptors and maybe Warriors (exception being the Bucks game), no one right now is playing their best basketball and to their truest potential.

It's still way too early to be worrying. We may be 7-6 after tonight but frankly I'll take going 7-6 our first 13 games of the year than say, a 7-6 stretch sometime in late February/early March. If we aren't playing good basketball still by mid-December, I'll start to worry.

Also you have to go through growing pains with easing Hayward in right now. If we want to make a legit run at making the Finals, Hayward has to be one of our 3-4 best players on the court.
Not to mention that out of our first 13 games we have played 4 home games JUST 4!!!!

And we have played the following good to great teams: Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee, OKC, Indiana, Denver, Utah, Portland and Detroit twice(Detroit's record without the 2 Celtic losses being 6-3). 

That's a really hard schedule. If they win tonight, an 8-5 record with that schedule is pretty darn good.

The 5-game road trip early this season (including 4 games on the West Coast) was also a tough obstacle. But it's nice we got that over with after tonight. After the Raptors game this Friday, the schedule really eases up, so we could start to get rolling after that.  :)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2018, 12:30:45 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Still relaxing ?

100%

Pacers are 8-5 now, Sixers 8-6. Bucks have also lost 2 of their last 3. Should they be panicking too? Besides the Raptors and maybe Warriors (exception being the Bucks game), no one right now is playing their best basketball and to their truest potential.

It's still way too early to be worrying. We may be 7-6 after tonight but frankly I'll take going 7-6 our first 13 games of the year than say, a 7-6 stretch sometime in late February/early March. If we aren't playing good basketball still by mid-December, I'll start to worry.

Also you have to go through growing pains with easing Hayward in right now. If we want to make a legit run at making the Finals, Hayward has to be one of our 3-4 best players on the court.
Not to mention that out of our first 13 games we have played 4 home games JUST 4!!!!

And we have played the following good to great teams: Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee, OKC, Indiana, Denver, Utah, Portland and Detroit twice(Detroit's record without the 2 Celtic losses being 6-3). 

That's a really hard schedule. If they win tonight, an 8-5 record with that schedule is pretty darn good.

Also, all that time on the road reduces the amount of time they have to practice which this team really needs.

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2018, 12:48:00 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Relax or not this team is a big disappointment so far.
It’s really all excuses.
The team look unprepared and everyone but Kyrie and Morris are under performing.
Look at Toronto implementing two new players one who haven’t played for a year.

I got patient for Hayward not for anyone else.

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2018, 01:42:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Next weekend we have a back to back with Toronto and Utah but after that it looks to get a little easier.  Charlotte,New York, Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans, Cleveland, Minnesota, New York, Chicago, New Orleans, Washington, Atlanta, Detroit, Phoenix....

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2018, 11:58:14 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
It’s really all excuses.
The team look unprepared and everyone but Kyrie and Morris are under performing.

It's easier to integrate Kawhi into the Toronto lineup, he basically is a like-for-like replacement for DeRozan, same usage rate, high ppg scorer. For Boston you're integrating 2 players into the playoff team, one which you have basically never really played in that lineup, and asking two young players who blossomed with much more minutes than expected to take lesser roles and another to go to the bench and be an immediate impact when he comes on. They're all trying to figure out what their roles are, it's not like swapping out Brown for Hayward and everyone else still does the same thing.

It's going to be a big challenge, and seeing how they are struggling with it I wouldn't be surprised to see inconsistency heading into December. My hope is that once there's enough games under everyone's belt either the chemistry will develop, or if it doesn't, then Brad needs to make lineup changes when it becomes obvious over a period of a couple months that it isn't working.

Anyway look at the bright side, we could be like Houston  ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Re: R-E-L-A-X, We'll Be Just Fine (Update: Get Ready To Roll!)
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2018, 09:16:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Now that the tough West Coast Trip (overall a 5-game road trip including one at Indiana) is over, we can get ready to roll!

We have 2 tough games this weekend against Toronto and Utah, but we play Chicago this Wednesday and if you look at it, after the Utah game on Saturday, the next 14 games the C's play will be against mediocre/bad teams, up until 12/21 when they play the Bucks again. This could be a stretch where the C's can hopefully start to figure things out and rack up some wins.

If they can find a way to go something like 12-5 in the next month (17 games), then they are back in business  ;D

Yes, it's been ugly and frustrating (no denying that), but we're only 13 games into the season. I do think Hayward needs to be coming off the bench now primarily, to ease him in better, but ultimately the goal should be staying as healthy as possible as well for the 2nd half/playoffs. Also Hayward can hopefully ease himself back into the starting lineup later in the season. We can afford to wait a bit, because honestly I'd much rather go into the playoffs with the best team possible as opposed to going in as a 1-2 seed but still looking real uneven/inconsistent.

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2018, 01:55:56 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I didn't anticipate that Brown and Tatum would show no growth from the playoff run of last year as far as confidence goes. I guess I'm spoiled seeing Donovan Mitchell, Simmons and D. Fox play.

To me this year Brown looks like he's still 19. Tatum may be coming around, fingers crossed. I figured the maturation of these two would provide Hayward time to mend properly and give us a boost in the second half.

I knew Hayward would have at least a slow first half of the season. Which he is. Even at 80%, he has a well-rounded game. He rebounds well, he passes well, physically he needs time.

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2018, 09:55:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
How we feeling now guys!  ;D

Yeah we obviously still have lots of work to do and we're still far from a perfect team. But that was a BIG statement win tonight and probably Hayward's best game so far this season. Now start racking up more wins as the schedule eases up and we're in a good spot   :)

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2018, 10:29:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Yeah we obviously still have lots of work to do and we're still far from a perfect team. But that was a BIG statement win tonight and probably Hayward's best game so far this season. Now start racking up more wins as the schedule eases up and we're in a good spot   :)
If we beat Utah tomorrow the following games are

@Charlotte
NYK
@Atlanta
@Dallas
@NOP
Cleveland
@Minnesota
NYK
@Chicago

At that point we could well be 18-7 and have played 15 games on the road vs just 10 at home. That's a dang good start to the season and could and should be reality.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 10:39:45 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2018, 10:31:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

@Charlotte
NYK
@Atlanta
@Dallas
@NOP
Cleveland
@Minnesota
NYK
@Chicago

At that point we could well be 18-7 and have played 15 games on the road vs just 10  at home. That's a dang good start to the season and could and should be reality.

It's going to be tough for these guys to maintain their energy tomorrow night though coming off a draining OT win. I hope they stay focused.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 10:40:15 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2018, 07:08:37 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

@Charlotte
NYK
@Atlanta
@Dallas
@NOP
Cleveland
@Minnesota
NYK
@Chicago

At that point we could well be 18-7 and have played 15 games on the road vs just 10  at home. That's a dang good start to the season and could and should be reality.

It's going to be tough for these guys to maintain their energy tomorrow night though coming off a draining OT win. I hope they stay focused.

Utah played last night also and lost and then they have to fly into Boston and get into hotel, etc. Plus Mitchell should be tired from hoisting up 35 shots. We also have a little revenge due. Advantage Boston.

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2018, 07:20:45 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

@Charlotte
NYK
@Atlanta
@Dallas
@NOP
Cleveland
@Minnesota
NYK
@Chicago

Utah played last night also and lost and then they have to fly into Boston and get into hotel, etc. Plus Mitchell should be tired from hoisting up 35 shots. We also have a little revenge due. Advantage Boston.

The biggest advantage will be if they play like they did towards the end of regulation and OT last night by attacking the rim rather than looking for three pointers as their first option.

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2018, 08:04:47 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Last night certainly felt like a must win, at least in terms of elevating the teams confidence early in the season.  It was great to see Hayward playing with aggression in crucial moments.  As you said, it was easily his best game of the season.

I'm really hoping to see Rozier and Jaylen give the team a lift tonight.  Rozier was VERY frustrating last night, particularly in the 3rd quarter.  There are times where he takes poor contested shots as the primary ball handler, yet turns down open looks and over-complicates things when playing off the ball.  Everything just feels so out of sync.     

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2018, 10:19:23 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

@Charlotte
NYK
@Atlanta
@Dallas
@NOP
Cleveland
@Minnesota
NYK
@Chicago

At that point we could well be 18-7 and have played 15 games on the road vs just 10 at home. That's a dang good start to the season and could and should be reality.
actually, those are the games even if the celtics do not beat utah.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2018, 11:55:58 AM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
It’s really all excuses.

It's easier to integrate Kawhi into the Toronto lineup, he basically is a like-for-like replacement for DeRozan, same usage rate, high ppg scorer. For Boston you're integrating 2 players into the playoff team, one which you have basically never really played in that lineup, and asking two young players who blossomed with much more minutes than expected to take lesser roles and another to go to the bench and be an immediate impact when he comes on. They're all trying to figure out what their roles are, it's not like swapping out Brown for Hayward and everyone else still does the same thing.

It's going to be a big challenge, and seeing how they are struggling with it I wouldn't be surprised to see inconsistency heading into December. My hope is that once there's enough games under everyone's belt either the chemistry will develop, or if it doesn't, then Brad needs to make lineup changes when it becomes obvious over a period of a couple months that it isn't working.

Anyway look at the bright side, we could be like Houston  ;D

Plus Hayward has been slowly getting back from his injury, and he has flat out stunk at times this year because of it.