Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery  (Read 310892 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2012-13 season: Rookie Draft
« Reply #510 on: October 16, 2012, 02:29:57 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
With only 3 hours until the deadline, perhaps this should have been brought to the league attention sooner.

Ideally, it would have been, but I didn't think of the implications of it until today.

Theoretically, not enforcing the trade allows GMs to circumvent the waiver-wire, dealing the players they would have cut to other teams.

As far as Wiggle's trade, I have no issue letting that trade through, as 1) it was agreed to yesterday, and 2) it was just the resurrection of a deal made due to a clarified rule.  In other words, Wiggle and Birdman did everything in their power not to procrastinate.

If we are sticking to the rules, the second trade is new and was not announced until this morning. The league must have a full 24 hours to review the trade.

However, we have never enforced this. If this needs to be enforced next year, fine. Maybe have a trade deadline of 24 hours before the cut down deadline.

For this cut-down deadline, IMO this does not need to be enforced.

Mk

Well, we'd never enforced the "7 votes for a veto" rule until last year, either.  In fact, the original Constitution called for a majority veto, a rule that was never explicitly changed.

When I pointed that out, the refrain was "rules are rules".

I agree with GC's interpretation of how things should go down, btw.

Are you saying that you would have not brought this up if your trades weren't veto'd?

Mk

It's hard to say.  If the league were less cutthroat and hadn't (in my mind) screwed me over, I'd probably be less vigilant in viewing every trade from a "what are the technical rules" standpoint.  But I can't say for sure.

I can see that.

TP for honesty.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #511 on: October 16, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
The 24-hour review period for each of the following deals ends after today's roster deadline:

86 Birdman trades Carl Landry and Marvin Williams --> Draft Dodgers trade Caron Butler, Brandon Wright, and Draft Dodgers' 2013 1st rounder

87 Draft Dodgers send Draft Dodgers' 2013 2nd rd pick --> Rusted Rims send Tyrus Thomas

88 Lucky17 trades Lucky17 2013 2nd rounder --> Birdman trades Tyler Hansbrough

89 Designated Drinkers trade J.J. Barea --> Gainesville Celtics trade right to swap own 2013 1st rounder with Designated Drinkers' 2013 1st rounder

All GMs involved must confirm by PM to me whether they wish to go forward with these deals, especially if these deals were made with the belief that they would help trim rosters below the 16-man max.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #512 on: October 16, 2012, 02:50:55 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
The 24-hour review period for each of the following deals ends after today's roster deadline:

86 Birdman trades Carl Landry and Marvin Williams --> Draft Dodgers trade Caron Butler, Brandon Wright, and Draft Dodgers' 2013 1st rounder

87 Draft Dodgers send Draft Dodgers' 2013 2nd rd pick --> Rusted Rims send Tyrus Thomas

89 Designated Drinkers trade J.J. Barea --> Gainesville Celtics trade right to swap own 2013 1st rounder with Designated Drinkers' 2013 1st rounder

All GMs involved must confirm by PM to me whether they wish to go forward with these deals, especially if these deals were made with the belief that they would help trim rosters below the 16-man max.

IMO/FWIW there shoudl be no issue with trade #86 ---

Technically, Draft Dodgers' cutdown roster woudl have B.Wright and C. Butler, Birdman woudl have Marvin Williams and Landry --- then the players switch teams tomorrow along with DD's 2013 #1 pick.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #513 on: October 16, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
So, whether or not my trade is in limbo, I'm dropping Josh Harrellson and rolling with the following 16:

PG Brandon Knight
PG Jameer Nelson
PG DJ Augustin
PG Roddy Beaubois
SG Klay Thompson
SG JR Smith
SG Brandon Roy
SG Jeremy Lamb
SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
SF Danny Green
SF Chandler Parsons
PF Carmelo Anthony
PF Glen Davis
PF Trevor Booker
C Greg Monroe
C Omer Asik

Really like this bunch - we're probably not ready for the big-time yet but we should be a contender for the playoffs with a bright future.

« Reply #514 on: October 16, 2012, 02:55:07 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

IMO/FWIW there shoudl be no issue with trade #86 ---

Technically, Draft Dodgers' cutdown roster woudl have B.Wright and C. Butler, Birdman woudl have Marvin Williams and Landry --- then the players switch teams tomorrow along with DD's 2013 #1 pick.

That may be true, but I am not going to assume anything.

« Reply #515 on: October 16, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
If we decide my deal with Wiggle doesn't go through then I want Thomas dropped.

BTW, I think this could be a good "learnable moment" for the league - starting next year I'd recommend we set a pre-cut trading deadline that's ~24 hrs before the cut deadline itself.  It would sidestep this issue nicely.

« Reply #516 on: October 16, 2012, 03:02:30 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I'll be dropping ubiles.

« Reply #517 on: October 16, 2012, 03:07:10 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Rules are rules, and as indicated last year, trades need to be assessed based upon the rules in effect at the time.  We haven't bent rules in the past, and it's patently unfair to do so here.  If there was one thing the league was crystal clear on last year, it's that rules shouldn't be modified retroactively.

Sure we have, Mr. Consolation picks.

Anyway, I don't have a cool enough head for this, rather than deal with somebody's personal axe to grind, I'll just walk away.

« Reply #518 on: October 16, 2012, 03:21:23 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
redacted

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #519 on: October 16, 2012, 03:22:59 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Rules are rules, and as indicated last year, trades need to be assessed based upon the rules in effect at the time.  We haven't bent rules in the past, and it's patently unfair to do so here.  If there was one thing the league was crystal clear on last year, it's that rules shouldn't be modified retroactively.

Sure we have, Mr. Consolation picks.

Anyway, I don't have a cool enough head for this, rather than deal with somebody's personal axe to grind, I'll just walk away.

I believe WW just quit the league. We are at an odd number of teams in Y!.

That old dull axe just ground out the WW.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #520 on: October 16, 2012, 03:25:17 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
...this again?

« Reply #521 on: October 16, 2012, 03:27:19 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
All of the animosity is really getting old at this point.  It's time for people to grow up and put the stupid bs behind them. 

It's fantasy basketball. Think about that.

« Reply #522 on: October 16, 2012, 03:28:06 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
All of the animosity is really getting old at this point.  It's time for people to grow up and put the stupid bs behind them. 

It's fantasy basketball. Think about that.

If i could give you all my Tommy POints I would... 8)

« Reply #523 on: October 16, 2012, 03:30:21 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Mk

Let's not jump to conclusions. I think (hope?) WW just meant he needs to walk away from the computer for a bit.

I have a trade to announce, perhaps it will get us back to talking about basketball:

Kwhit sends Kendall Marshall, Jan Vesely, own 2013 1st, Utah Flash 2013 1st
MakeMeSomeBacon sends Al Horford and Jason Maxiell

« Reply #524 on: October 16, 2012, 03:33:08 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

Mk

Let's not jump to conclusions. I think (hope?) WW just meant he needs to walk away from the computer for a bit.

I have a trade to announce, perhaps it will get us back to talking about basketball:

Kwhit sends Kendall Marshall, Jan Vesely, own 2013 1st, Utah Flash 2013 1st
MakeMeSomeBacon sends Al Horford and Jason Maxiell

Aw snap! I had just made an initial offer for horford. Gaaaah.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes