Author Topic: Woj: Jrue to Celtics  (Read 60393 times)

Re: Woj: Jrue to Celtics
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2023, 03:29:04 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
New: A league source tells MassLive the Celtics are not done tinkering with their roster after acquiring Jrue Holiday. A closer look at their big options including trade and free agent possibilities to go with Wenyen Gabriel deal

« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2023, 03:33:25 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Go get Dwight howard or bismark. You have picks to do this

Yeah.This is a Ring team. The FAs will be lining up to play for them at the vet min.

« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2023, 03:36:35 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
Holiday offers leadership and toughness. Something they had to have with this group.

This is the most underrated aspect of this.  With Smart gone we need toughness and leadership and Jrue supplies that.

« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2023, 03:53:54 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2509
That’s the type of package that should get you someone better than Jrue Holiday. Idk who, but SOMEONE.

TP

You don't ever trade this many assets for a 33 year old fringe star. We got crushed in this trade. I was just on Blazer's edge, Blazer fans are over the moon.

« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2023, 03:54:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Love Jrue.

Who plays big?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2023, 03:54:45 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
That’s the type of package that should get you someone better than Jrue Holiday. Idk who, but SOMEONE.

TP

You don't ever trade this many assets for a 33 year old fringe star. We got crushed in this trade. I was just on Blazer's edge, Blazer fans are over the moon.

LOL

« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2023, 03:57:55 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2559

TP

LOL

I don’t think anyone disputes that Portland did well.  That doesn’t mean Cs didn’t. Add an all-star without giving an all-star. Feels to me like one 1st too many, but as far as players on the court for the next 2-3 years, Cs did well.

« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2023, 03:59:54 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wild off-season.  We upgraded center and PG, while keeping Tatum, Brown and Horford.

Obviously, we hurt our depth a bit.  (Also, one more reason why dumpster diving in free agency is such a bad idea).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2023, 04:04:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1781
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The only unforgivable part of the deal to me is the 2029 pick. We were already giving up two very good players - not just salary filler like Marcus Morris/Robert Covington. LAC was willing to give up a 1st for Brogdon and Rob Williams was one of the best value deals in the league.

As for that 2029 pick, it limits our ability to trade future 1sts as we can really only trade two 1sts in another deal. It would have been immensely better if we could have just traded our 2024 1sts - and Brad has been pretty consistent with that in his recent deals (Horford, White, Brogdon). We were already giving up a hefty package for Jrue. It would have only been fair if we could have chosen the picks.

I guess the 'significant gap' between the two sides was entirely made up by the Celtics in this case. Jrue will hopefully be an exciting and productive player for us - just seems like we got pretty washed in a deal for the first time since like Antoine for LaFrentz.

« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2023, 04:05:50 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wild off-season.  We upgraded center and PG, while keeping Tatum, Brown and Horford.

Obviously, we hurt our depth a bit.  (Also, one more reason why dumpster diving in free agency is such a bad idea).

It was time to gamble. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2023, 04:10:38 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Two for one trade-Who else will the C's add?

« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2023, 04:16:34 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Jrue & D White
the new
DJ & Ainge.

So does that make

Tatum, Jaylen & Porzingis
the new
Bird, McHale and Parish

Horford
the new
B Walton or C Maxwell

There is only 1 Bird. 😉

« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2023, 04:20:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
If we're being real, most of our "depth" barely even played in the postseason last year. Mazzulla ran strict 7-man rotations, and guys like Hauser/Griffin/Muscala/PP/Kornet barely played. Denver won the Finals last year with mostly a 6-man rotation all the way. At most, teams might run a consistent 8-man rotation, but ultimately the depth helps you get through the regular season. It's the stars and first few role players (6th-7th men) who guide you to the promise land. That's probably why CBS took the gamble and the depth took a small hit. Timelord was also just injury prone often.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2023, 04:22:40 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Rob Williams regular season played games:

18-19: 32
19-20: 29
20-21: 52
21-22: 61
22-23: 25

Total: 209 games played out of 410.

He is hurt every season for long stretches.
This is why I’m glad he’s gone, can’t be depended on..think Dwight Howard got anything left??
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2023, 04:27:45 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
We definitely will need another playable big, but I like the deal. It's a risk, but I think it's the right one to make. You don't win chips by always playing it safe.

Also, is Jrue the only guy in the team with a ring? That sort of vet leadership could be big, we already have enough guys that know how to win in the regular season and make the ECF/Finals, having someone that's really been there will (hopefully) help the Jays
I'm bitter.