Author Topic: Woj: Hayward to Charlotte (4 years, $120 million)  (Read 187484 times)

Re: Woj: Hayward to Charlotte (4 years, $120 million)
« Reply #1425 on: November 21, 2020, 03:41:19 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
If there were one day to have a 24-hour removal of the no-swearing rule, today would be it.

Mike

tp!

Re: Unforgivable
« Reply #1426 on: November 21, 2020, 03:42:07 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
There no way Indy was paying anywhere close to what Charlotte offered, so if Hayward wouldn't agree to be traded to Indy, there is not a lot Ainge could have done

« Reply #1427 on: November 21, 2020, 03:42:46 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
bets/poll on what millsap contract will be is next to talk about  :P
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #1428 on: November 21, 2020, 03:45:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Bye bye Hayward. Hope he gets booed really hard when he returns to Boston as a visiting team. Ain't got space for guys collecting massive paychecks just to sit on the bench and put up average numbers.

Give him the Kyrie treatment

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1429 on: November 21, 2020, 03:45:27 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

« Reply #1430 on: November 21, 2020, 03:46:03 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Millsap? LOL. NBA title, here we come!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1431 on: November 21, 2020, 03:46:27 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
https://twitter.com/nicolecyang/status/1330237507477393409

Yeahhhh, Robyn, if you really wanted us to believe this perhaps you would've started this message off a little better lol

I'm guessing that Robyn not liking Boston had a big reason to do with this, too. She seems to run that relationship with Gordy being a bit of a pushover, so I'm guessing she played a big role in this.

Not one word of thanks to the Celtics organization, the other players, the fans, just the people she came in contact with? There is a word for that, but I won't use it here.  lol...I feel sorry for Gordon.

She's a player's wife, and the media/fans in general haven't exactly bee the nicest (see the messages people sent about how she should induce labor, or the fact that someone put a tweet with her instagram post into this thread and people are now whining about it.

If this was the message Hayward had put out, then yeah that wouldn't be a great look. But Robyn owes the city, fans, and organization jack ****. Why should she be thanking you, rather than people she has actually met?

I didn't say she should be thanking me, but maybe the fans that cheered on her husband through 3 injury filled years here.  I just disagree.  It isn't required to be classy, but it reveals what kind of a person you are.  There are also 100 million or so reasons she should thank the Boston Celtics organization.  That tweet just comes off as entitled and petty.

Funny, because that's what all of these replies to it come off as.

Did Al's wife post about how much the fans and team meant to her after they left? Or Kyrie's girlfriend (now fiance)?

Who cares what Al's wife said or didn't say.  We are talking about this direct quote.  I completely disagree with you.  Lets leave it at that.

Who cares what Hayward's wife said? This is all just sour grapes.

Hayward left, lashing out at his wife won't change things.

I hardly think my comments on her tweet are me 'lashing out' at her.  Dude you need to let it go.

You literally called her "entitled and petty", said it showed a lack of class, and that "There is a word for that, but I won't use it here" (and let's not pretend that word was a nice one).

There's literally no reason to go after a player's wife like this.. It just makes Celtics fans look, well, entitled and petty.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #1432 on: November 21, 2020, 03:47:26 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

You expect Milsap to carry the team? ;)

« Reply #1433 on: November 21, 2020, 03:47:50 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
What about going after Bogdanovich since him returning to Sac seems awkward/unlikely?   This would be good use of TPE wouldn't it.  Send some youth (Romeo / Tacko/ Edwards/ Waters/ Grant) plus TPE and could make it work.  I would think Sac might be OK with losing a sizeable contract for some youth. 

C's would still have MLE and lower exception.

« Reply #1434 on: November 21, 2020, 03:49:48 PM »

Offline BoulderMike

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Harry Giles, please

« Reply #1435 on: November 21, 2020, 03:50:11 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
What about going after Bogdanovich since him returning to Sac seems awkward/unlikely?   This would be good use of TPE wouldn't it.  Send some youth (Romeo / Tacko/ Edwards/ Waters/ Grant) plus TPE and could make it work.  I would think Sac might be OK with losing a sizeable contract for some youth. 

I'd love Bogdanovic. He'd be a very good replacement option for Hayward and he'd fit in well alongside our other perimeter stars.

Worth giving up some future picks for.

« Reply #1436 on: November 21, 2020, 03:51:27 PM »

Offline Linwood

• NCE
  • Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 9
Fire Ainge?

« Reply #1437 on: November 21, 2020, 03:52:03 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523

You expect Milsap to carry the team? ;)

Come on now... No one thinks that.  But incremental improvement could make up for loss of Hayward. 

This team has 65 points a game potentially coming from Jays and Kemba.  Tatum could be considered a top 10 player by mid-year.  Jaylen -- who knows?  Nesmith replaces no one - no existing sniper.  And Pritchard could be an upgrade for Wanaker.

« Reply #1438 on: November 21, 2020, 03:52:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Next steps:

* Sign Millsap
* Sign Dedmon
* S&T Hayward to Charlotte for a TPE
* S&T for Bogdonavic using TPE

Theis / Dedmon / Williams
Tatum / Millsap / Williams
Brown / Nesmith
Bogs / Smart
Kemba / Pritchard

Not happening, but losing Hayward could lead to increased flexibility.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1439 on: November 21, 2020, 03:54:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

Can't combine TPE with anything else, so it's not helpful here. Would likely require moving Smart or Brown or Kemba, which isn't happening.

The only way it could legitimately happen is if we worked out a TPE from Charlotte and were able to use that larger TPE from the Hayward deal to get him.

I do wonder whether the TPE thing is still being explored, though, as it makes no sense for us not to do it unless MJ is just trying to screw us. But then just compensate him with some second round picks to do it to incentivize him. Also, didn't we help him get Rozier last year by doing this? So don't be surprised if this ends up happening, as it just seems crazy why this wouldn't happen to give us more flexibility.