Author Topic: Woj: Hayward to Charlotte (4 years, $120 million)  (Read 187661 times)

Re: Woj: Hayward to Charlotte (4 years, $120 million)
« Reply #1395 on: November 21, 2020, 03:14:51 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
https://twitter.com/nicolecyang/status/1330237507477393409

Yeahhhh, Robyn, if you really wanted us to believe this perhaps you would've started this message off a little better lol

I'm guessing that Robyn not liking Boston had a big reason to do with this, too. She seems to run that relationship with Gordy being a bit of a pushover, so I'm guessing she played a big role in this.

My first thought when I saw this was that she clearly hates Boston lol. No words for the organization. Nothing for fans or the city overall. Just the cops and her community.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1396 on: November 21, 2020, 03:15:06 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I’d be happy with Milsap but not for the MLE. He’s 35 and declined the past few years. Definitely a good veteran presence and can help play the 4 and stretch the floor.

Dude absolutely owned the Cs when he was with the Hawks.

and Utah

« Reply #1397 on: November 21, 2020, 03:15:17 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I’d be happy with Milsap but not for the MLE. He’s 35 and declined the past few years. Definitely a good veteran presence and can help play the 4 and stretch the floor.

Dude absolutely owned the Cs when he was with the Hawks.

Until we stuck Smart on him.  ;)

That playoff game that Smart shut down Milsap when he was putting up like 40 on us was one of my favorite Smart memories, right up there with the December game against Harden and the Rockets when he drew two offensive fouls on Harden to win us the game.
off track, but those are my two favorite memories of smart so far as well. tp for making me happy.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1398 on: November 21, 2020, 03:15:58 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Yeahhhh, Robyn, if you really wanted us to believe this perhaps you would've started this message off a little better lol

I'm guessing that Robyn not liking Boston had a big reason to do with this, too. She seems to run that relationship with Gordy being a bit of a pushover, so I'm guessing she played a big role in this.

Not one word of thanks to the Celtics organization, the other players, the fans, just the people she came in contact with? There is a word for that, but I won't use it here.  lol...I feel sorry for Gordon.
why did local police "check on her everyday"? To make sure Gordon didn't beat her?

I don't get how taxpayer money goes to being free private security guards for celebrities

« Reply #1399 on: November 21, 2020, 03:18:02 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Would anyone on here have wanted Hayward at that contract? For that matter wanted Rozier at that money or Al or even Kyrie? We made the eastern conference finals with the team we had. What we really needed was more shooting to stop the scoring droughts and we got that in the draft.

Absolutely. TP.

I think the only one you could argue was worth that money was Kyrie, though it's the other factors with him that make you not want him.

« Reply #1400 on: November 21, 2020, 03:18:33 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
Well, Hayward made out like a bandit.  While I do think he still has plenty of game, I don't think he's a $30M player at this point in his career.  So this is undeniably great for him.

I don't know what Charlotte is thinking.  Just MJ being MJ, I guess... I continually dislike his choices as GM.   

Worst outcome for Boston.  Whether it was resigning Hayward or finding a palatable S&T for him, we couldn't afford to lose him for nothing.  I think it lowers our ceiling out of the 'title contender' range, and we don't have the cap space (or the remaining free agent pool) to bump us back up there. 

Not the news I was hoping to hear today. 

« Reply #1401 on: November 21, 2020, 03:19:00 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Not one word of thanks to the Celtics organization, the other players, the fans, just the people she came in contact with? There is a word for that, but I won't use it here.  lol...I feel sorry for Gordon.

She's a player's wife, and the media/fans in general haven't exactly bee the nicest (see the messages people sent about how she should induce labor, or the fact that someone put a tweet with her instagram post into this thread and people are now whining about it.

If this was the message Hayward had put out, then yeah that wouldn't be a great look. But Robyn owes the city, fans, and organization jack ****. Why should she be thanking you, rather than people she has actually met?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #1402 on: November 21, 2020, 03:19:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Would anyone on here have wanted Hayward at that contract? For that matter wanted Rozier at that money or Al or even Kyrie? We made the eastern conference finals with the team we had. What we really needed was more shooting to stop the scoring droughts and we got that in the draft.

Absolutely. TP.

I think the only one you could argue was worth that money was Kyrie, though it's the other factors with him that make you not want him.

But Kyrie was hurt again last year. But I agree at least his still in his prime.

« Reply #1403 on: November 21, 2020, 03:22:58 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
Midgetball for life jesus PLEASE when will this end

ugh....when you know who finally leaves

guess we arent flashy enough for anyone xd rip the city of Boston and the fishermen xD sigh - need a miracle draft year - thats when it changes...where we somehow draft a superstar
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #1404 on: November 21, 2020, 03:23:14 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

She's a player's wife, and the media/fans in general haven't exactly bee the nicest (see the messages people sent about how she should induce labor, or the fact that someone put a tweet with her instagram post into this thread and people are now whining about it.

If this was the message Hayward had put out, then yeah that wouldn't be a great look. But Robyn owes the city, fans, and organization jack ****. Why should she be thanking you, rather than people she has actually met?

I didn't say she should be thanking me, but maybe the fans that cheered on her husband through 3 injury filled years here.  I just disagree.  It isn't required to be classy, but it reveals what kind of a person you are.  There are also 100 million or so reasons she should thank the Boston Celtics organization.  That tweet just comes off as entitled and petty.

« Reply #1405 on: November 21, 2020, 03:24:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Well, Hayward made out like a bandit.  While I do think he still has plenty of game, I don't think he's a $30M player at this point in his career.  So this is undeniably great for him.

I don't know what Charlotte is thinking.  Just MJ being MJ, I guess... I continually dislike his choices as GM.   

Worst outcome for Boston.  Whether it was resigning Hayward or finding a palatable S&T for him, we couldn't afford to lose him for nothing.  I think it lowers our ceiling out of the 'title contender' range, and we don't have the cap space (or the remaining free agent pool) to bump us back up there. 

Not the news I was hoping to hear today.

Hayward has no more worries basketball or money wise. It doesn’t really matter what he does in Charlotte and he got a boat load of money from two contracts. I guess all his “unfinished business” is finished now.

« Reply #1406 on: November 21, 2020, 03:24:11 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
https://twitter.com/bostonsportsinf/status/1330239137253822466

For those complaining about Danny not agreeing to all of these absurdly large contracts...

That roster was absolutely stacked. Better than the Raptors that won the title.
That was on Stevens for not being able to handle the locker room.
When that team imploded I knew that we had to go young and build around Tatum and Brown.

Wish we had picked up more assets from the departures of Irving, Rozier, Hayward, Morris, Horford and Baynes (we didn't get anything  :'( ). I bet that Ainge was reluctant to make trades that season because he was convinced that such a top notch rotation could win a title if everyone got their act together.
Well..Jaylen and Tatum weren't anything close to the current versions of themselves. And in basketball you need for the pieces to fit.  That team had too many ball stopping players who wouldn't stop shooting even when they were like 0 for 8 - they'd just keep firing. And it had Kyrie - a ball stopper himself, though one who could at least score consistently.  But he's also a head case. And teams where your best player is a headcase generally aren't successful.

I will agree that Brad wasn't the guy for that roster.  It required someone who wouldn't be afraid to stand up to Morris/Rozier/Kyrie etc and that's just not Brad. But anyone who might have been able to pull it off would have worn out his welcome after about a season.

That team was a failed experiment.

« Reply #1407 on: November 21, 2020, 03:24:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Absolutely. TP.

But Kyrie was hurt again last year. But I agree at least his still in his prime.

This ^.   Al got old fast , Kyrie and Gordon were never really healthy fo a long haul with Boston .  It just wasn't meant to be,  and i doubt any of those three ever get a ring now .

« Reply #1408 on: November 21, 2020, 03:26:29 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

I didn't say she should be thanking me, but maybe the fans that cheered on her husband through 3 injury filled years here.  I just disagree.  It isn't required to be classy, but it reveals what kind of a person you are.  There are also 100 million or so reasons she should thank the Boston Celtics organization.  That tweet just comes off as entitled and petty.

Yep, agreed. Seemed pretty disingenuous to me.

« Reply #1409 on: November 21, 2020, 03:26:43 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485
https://twitter.com/jaredweissnba/status/1330235233690673164?s=21

Plan B?

He is a plan A guy

Dunno about that. He is 35 and looks to be on the decline. His numbers last year were down across the board from his career averages. It will only get worse going forward.
Which is why they may be able to sign him.

Milsap's shooting percentages did not decline nor did his per 36 numbers.

His rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals were all down last season per-36.

All were worse than the prior season, and all were worse than his career averages. We're not talking about huge drops, but definitely lower.

Also concerning is his foul rate. From 2013-2018 he committed about 3.1 fouls per-36. That skyrocketed the last 2 seasons,  with him reaching 4.4 fouls per-36 last year. And that is with declining defensive stats.

That to me indicates a significant loss of athleticism.