Author Topic: Woj: Hayward to Charlotte (4 years, $120 million)  (Read 187632 times)

Re: Woj: Hayward to Charlotte (4 years, $120 million)
« Reply #1380 on: November 21, 2020, 03:04:00 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1330232781767659530

Would the Hornets still be short even if they waive Batum or no?

If not.... Celts get a big fat zero

Per the numbers on Spotrac:

They are currently $28M over the Cap with all holds.  This includes Batum's $27M opt in.

One of the cap holds is $25.5M for Biyombo.  I am sure they release that (or whatever the official action is called), leaving them $2.5M over the cap.

They can stretch Batum for 3 years I think, meaning the cap hit is reduced by $18M and $9M stays on the cap.  This puts them $16.5M under the cap by my math.

I don't think they can stretch their way to under the cap.  There is going to have to be a trade from what I can tell.

« Reply #1381 on: November 21, 2020, 03:04:54 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
https://twitter.com/bostonsportsinf/status/1330239137253822466

For those complaining about Danny not agreeing to all of these absurdly large contracts...

Whoa.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1382 on: November 21, 2020, 03:05:14 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I’d be happy with Milsap but not for the MLE. He’s 35 and declined the past few years. Definitely a good veteran presence and can help play the 4 and stretch the floor.

Dude absolutely owned the Cs when he was with the Hawks.

« Reply #1383 on: November 21, 2020, 03:05:29 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
What can we do to get Davis in a S&T?  ;D ;D

« Reply #1384 on: November 21, 2020, 03:07:54 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Oh nos, we’re doomed!  We lost the guy who barely played the last three seasons!!!

Precisely. I mean, he was a no show for all our playoff runs too. It's not like our guys aren't used to him not being around.

I think its moreso the fact that we lost another asset without recouping any value. The premium draft picks are gone, we're going to be capped out soon, and there's really no way to go from Eastern Conference finalist to champion. Yes, the Jays will improve, but we still have to build around them.

I think people don't give our young guys enough credit. The Jays still have room to grow and will only get better, especially with more usage now with Hayward gone. Timelord really got screwed last year with the big hip injury, but if he stays healthy he's our future starting 5 and has a ceiling higher than Capela's and takes our game to a whole new level. And I think Romeo showed in the little spurts this year that he's got upside, so there's still lots of room for us to grow upwards.

Was 40 minutes per game not enough usage for Tatum and Brown already ??  What are they gonna do now - play the entire game ?

When have they played 40 mpg next to a healthy Hayward? They averaged that much in the playoffs, but Hayward was hurt. In the regular season it was 34 mpg
I'm bitter.

« Reply #1385 on: November 21, 2020, 03:08:15 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
https://twitter.com/nicolecyang/status/1330237507477393409

Yeahhhh, Robyn, if you really wanted us to believe this perhaps you would've started this message off a little better lol

I'm guessing that Robyn not liking Boston had a big reason to do with this, too. She seems to run that relationship with Gordy being a bit of a pushover, so I'm guessing she played a big role in this.

« Reply #1386 on: November 21, 2020, 03:10:19 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
this is pretty much the worse case scenario. I thought at least a S&T would come back from Charlotte. But MJ continues to show the world he has a crappy NBA mind.

MJ pays $30 million a year for hayward's 31-34 years? and then tops it off by stretching batum at $9 a year for 3 years??? that functionally makes hayward a $39 million a year player for 3 years. MJ is really not very good at this stuff.

a S&T would have helped both sides, but MJ botched it.

As for hayward, good luck and happy journey to the land of NBA nothing. he will toil away the remainder of his career in a crappy franchise. all his talk of wanting to play for a contender, or in indiana, melted away when someone put more money on the table. i understand and wish him well.

the celtics.... they are hurting. so many teams improved in the east, but the celtics have not, at least not yet.

ainge did not want turner, his $18 million a year and his non-fit with the celtics, from what i read elsewhere. and mcdermont was really McFungible. no real place place on the celtics.

celtics have so little to show from what started off as a great, great signing years ago.

now, they will probably pick up a few mid-range salaries so they can do some trades mid-season as teams drop from contention and want to dump players.

sigh...the rooks need to step it up in hurry now.  :(

All this and life is abysmal yet again for another season - boring :/ sigh when will we ever contend ever again...
well, in the spirit of being positive, a year ago the celtics lost horford and irving and things look bleak then. But danny conjured up kemba. so let's see what sort of magic he might whip up this year.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1387 on: November 21, 2020, 03:10:55 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
https://twitter.com/bostonsportsinf/status/1330239137253822466

For those complaining about Danny not agreeing to all of these absurdly large contracts...

That roster was absolutely stacked. Better than the Raptors that won the title.
That was on Stevens for not being able to handle the locker room.
When that team imploded I knew that we had to go young and build around Tatum and Brown.

Wish we had picked up more assets from the departures of Irving, Rozier, Hayward, Morris, Horford and Baynes (we didn't get anything  :'( ). I bet that Ainge was reluctant to make trades that season because he was convinced that such a top notch rotation could win a title if everyone got their act together.

« Reply #1388 on: November 21, 2020, 03:10:59 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeahhhh, Robyn, if you really wanted us to believe this perhaps you would've started this message off a little better lol

I'm guessing that Robyn not liking Boston had a big reason to do with this, too. She seems to run that relationship with Gordy being a bit of a pushover, so I'm guessing she played a big role in this.

Danny was never giving an injured player $120 million guaranteed.  Robyn had little to do with the decision to leave Boston.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1389 on: November 21, 2020, 03:11:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I’d be happy with Milsap but not for the MLE. He’s 35 and declined the past few years. Definitely a good veteran presence and can help play the 4 and stretch the floor.

Dude absolutely owned the Cs when he was with the Hawks.

Until we stuck Smart on him.  ;)

That playoff game that Smart shut down Milsap when he was putting up like 40 on us was one of my favorite Smart memories, right up there with the December game against Harden and the Rockets when he drew two offensive fouls on Harden to win us the game.

« Reply #1390 on: November 21, 2020, 03:11:06 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

Not one word of thanks to the Celtics organization, the other players, the fans, just the people she came in contact with? There is a word for that, but I won't use it here.  lol...I feel sorry for Gordon.

« Reply #1391 on: November 21, 2020, 03:11:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Oh nos, we’re doomed!  We lost the guy who barely played the last three seasons!!!

Precisely. I mean, he was a no show for all our playoff runs too. It's not like our guys aren't used to him not being around.

I think its moreso the fact that we lost another asset without recouping any value. The premium draft picks are gone, we're going to be capped out soon, and there's really no way to go from Eastern Conference finalist to champion. Yes, the Jays will improve, but we still have to build around them.

I think people don't give our young guys enough credit. The Jays still have room to grow and will only get better, especially with more usage now with Hayward gone. Timelord really got screwed last year with the big hip injury, but if he stays healthy he's our future starting 5 and has a ceiling higher than Capela's and takes our game to a whole new level. And I think Romeo showed in the little spurts this year that he's got upside, so there's still lots of room for us to grow upwards.

Was 40 minutes per game not enough usage for Tatum and Brown already ??  What are they gonna do now - play the entire game ?

When have they played 40 mpg next to a healthy Hayward? They averaged that much in the playoffs, but Hayward was hurt. In the regular season it was 34 mpg

Let alone the fact that minutes played is different than usage, touches, shots taken, etc.

« Reply #1392 on: November 21, 2020, 03:12:07 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Midgetball for life jesus PLEASE when will this end

ugh....when you know who finally leaves

« Reply #1393 on: November 21, 2020, 03:12:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Would anyone on here have wanted Hayward at that contract? For that matter wanted Rozier at that money or Al or even Kyrie? We made the eastern conference finals with the team we had. What we really needed was more shooting to stop the scoring droughts and we got that in the draft.

« Reply #1394 on: November 21, 2020, 03:14:02 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Would anyone on here have wanted Hayward at that contract? For that matter wanted Rozier at that money or Al or even Kyrie? We made the eastern conference finals with the team we had. What we really needed was more shooting to stop the scoring droughts and we got that in the draft.
TP
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008