Author Topic: NCAA Tournament Thread  (Read 54263 times)

Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2018, 08:16:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
That Nevada comeback was something.

Not sure why the Cincinatti coach left his best shooter in on 4 fouls
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2018, 08:52:19 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Something has been gnawing at me since watching an early Purdue game in the tourney. Why isn't Isaac Haas at least on the radar of some draft sites? 7'2 senior who weighs 290 and plays above the rim with ease. Granted I haven't found much tape on him, but is his mobility so bad that with all of his physical tools and aggression he couldn't play off the bench for a team?

If someone knows more please enlighten me.
#JKJB

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2018, 09:13:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
UNC getting blown out right now by Texas A&M.

Hopefully this holds.  The only thing better than UNC loss is a Duke win!

I celebrate Duke's elimination every year too.  Bummer that UNC was bounced early, it's been a wonky first weekend.  But I am still grateful for last year.  And admittedly jealous of your freshman class next year.  Good luck the rest of the way.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 09:37:26 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2018, 10:41:47 PM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
We should draft JP Macura

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2018, 11:09:46 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Xavier just choked away their #1 seed.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2018, 07:54:22 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Loyola Chicago!

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2018, 07:59:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Loyola Chicago!
Love when double digit seeds make the Final Four. Love rooting for underdogs that weekend.

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2018, 08:00:22 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Loyola Chicago!

Other than maybe George Mason, I'm not sure there has ever been a more unlikely Final Four team.

« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2018, 08:37:54 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Loyola playing great team defense and outstanding at spreading the floor on offense.  Every guy on their team is moving without the ball.  All 4 guys other than their center is a threat to hit a 3 or to drive it to the bucket.  Looks like we should stop calling them an underdog and just call them a great team.

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2018, 11:19:04 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
These Wolverines are a lot of fun to watch : Tough, high-skilled, and emotional leader in Wagner; a beast in Matthews; a steady presence in Simpson; and lights out shooters everywhere. 

I've watched very little of the tourney this year, but it's hard to imagine a better team that's left.  They look championship caliber.

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2018, 11:33:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
These Wolverines are a lot of fun to watch : Tough, high-skilled, and emotional leader in Wagner; a beast in Matthews; a steady presence in Simpson; and lights out shooters everywhere. 

I've watched very little of the tourney this year, but it's hard to imagine a better team that's left.  They look championship caliber.
You just can't admit how good Duke is...lol.

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2018, 11:47:35 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Well, I'd rather not... lol.  They are young, but I'm sure they're right in the mix.  I've seen all 5 of their starters projected to be 1st round picks this year..  And their incoming class is so good it's probably worth finding a new hobby. 

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2018, 12:00:56 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Well, I'd rather not... lol.  They are young, but I'm sure they're right in the mix.  I've seen all 5 of their starters projected to be 1st round picks this year..  And their incoming class is so good it's probably worth finding a new hobby. 

It's not every day I give out compliments to anything, or anyone, associated with UNC...I friggen' hate the Tarheels.

But...

Despite being at an obvious recruiting disadvantage (because despite Roy Williams possibly being one of the top 5 coaches of all-time, when the game's biggest name and most respected figure is right in your backyard - that's definitely a disadvantage), UNC somehow still seems to be a top team most years and has won more than their fair share of titles recently.

It's a huge feather in Roy Williams' cap to be able to continue to accomplish what he has.

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2018, 01:09:55 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

It's not every day I give out compliments to anything, or anyone, associated with UNC...I friggen' hate the Tarheels.

But...

Despite being at an obvious recruiting disadvantage (because despite Roy Williams possibly being one of the top 5 coaches of all-time, when the game's biggest name and most respected figure is right in your backyard - that's definitely a disadvantage), UNC somehow still seems to be a top team most years and has won more than their fair share of titles recently.

It's a huge feather in Roy Williams' cap to be able to continue to accomplish what he has.
I actually have friends in the college athletic business and from what they tell me, Coack K and Williams are upstanding guys and run pretty clean programs, or at least try to. You can be the cleanest coach but if boosters at the school are dirty, sometimes there is little you can do. I get this because my best friend was at the University of Maryland for years as a SID and got to know these guys.

Sadly, from info I get, Calipari, Sean Miller,  are definitely dirty and some other guys you might have thought were clean are filthy. Think Big 12 and Big 10.

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2018, 05:21:09 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

But...

I actually have friends in the college athletic business and from what they tell me, Coack K and Williams are upstanding guys and run pretty clean programs, or at least try to. You can be the cleanest coach but if boosters at the school are dirty, sometimes there is little you can do. I get this because my best friend was at the University of Maryland for years as a SID and got to know these guys.

Sadly, from info I get, Calipari, Sean Miller,  are definitely dirty and some other guys you might have thought were clean are filthy. Think Big 12 and Big 10.
Do tell.

I tried to add the gif of Leo Dicaprio saying, "You had my curiousity, but now you have my attention" but I don't know how lol.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out