Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: FINALS RESULTS WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION  (Read 142634 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: FIRST ROUND RESULTS & Semi-Final Matchups
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2013, 01:30:23 AM »

fitzhickey

Thanks to all the gms who voted for me
A big thanks to BigAlTheFuture for making it an extremely fun nerveracking series

« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2013, 01:39:30 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Tp nick.

Thanks.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2013, 08:47:31 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Surprise that Dallas-Rockets came down to a tiebreaker. I thought for sure that would happen in the Lakers Warriors match up but Warrior votes just kept coming in.

Really disappointed in the drop of voting and that of the 25 teams, only 14 decided to vote in this round with three playoff participating GMs missing votes.
Single day voting window sucks. Especially with no reminders except buried at the bottom of the match up threads.

I had company over and a busy day at work so no votes from me with MNF games keeping me away from CB. I was actually going to put my ballot in this morning when I got into work. *shrug*

« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2013, 09:04:52 AM »

fitzhickey

Surprise that Dallas-Rockets came down to a tiebreaker. I thought for sure that would happen in the Lakers Warriors match up but Warrior votes just kept coming in.

Really disappointed in the drop of voting and that of the 25 teams, only 14 decided to vote in this round with three playoff participating GMs missing votes.
Single day voting window sucks. Especially with no reminders except buried at the bottom of the match up threads.

I had company over and a busy day at work so no votes from me with MNF games keeping me away from CB. I was actually going to put my ballot in this morning when I got into work. *shrug*
if you don't mind my asking, who would you of voted for in the Hou-Dal series?

« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2013, 09:11:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I'm honestly not sure, that was one of the matchups that I don't have a strong opinion on, it seemed close.

I had Houston higher on my regular season ballot, but both were low playoff seeds.

« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2013, 09:13:39 AM »

fitzhickey

I'm honestly not sure, that was one of the matchups that I don't have a strong opinion on, it seemed close.

I had Houston higher on my regular season ballot, but both were low playoff seeds.
it was pretty dang close
gave me a mini heart attack
tie breakers aren't good for blood pressure  ;)

« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2013, 09:31:38 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
So this was my first go-around in one of these things. 

Things I liked:

- putting the team together
- general camaraderie
- getting to legally Kobetroll half of Celticsblog for 3 weeks (though I was disappointed to not get more love for making my press conference a montage of Kobe scoring on his teammates)

Things I didn't like:

- being a dead team walking from the start (is it true Kobe's never even made it past the 2nd round in one these?)
- the voting format in general.  Totally subjective voting with a small voter pool basically becomes a miniature popularity contest for biases.  Can't think of many ways to do it better, just wish there was some more rigor to it.
- the (very rare) tiffs.  Apparently much better than in past years though.

All in all I had a lot of fun, but I'm not sure I'd do it again.  Will definitely stick around and watch this one play out, though.

« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2013, 09:39:46 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

This schedule has been set and published several times over multiple threads for over a month. Here was the original post that was posted in the Draft Interest Thread:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=67145.msg1535437#msg1535437

Pressers will begin Tuesday Sept 3rd with the Atlantic and Pacific divisions. Wednesday Sept 4th will be the Central and Northwest divisions and Thursday Sept 5thh will be pressers for the Southeast and Southwest divisions.

Voting for regular season results and playoff seeding will take place on Friday Sept6th. First round of the playoffs will occur on Monday Sept 9th. Conference semifinals will happen on Tuesday Sept. 10th. Conference Finals to be done on Wednesday Sept. 11th and the Finals on Thursday Sept. 12th. Other awards will be held during playoff week and those times are to be determined.

The same announcement was posted in the Draft Thread but was expanded:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=67286.msg1544555#msg1544555

And the time was put into the Voting Guidelines Thread and added to the OP of every playoff series thread. The information that it was going to be one day voting had been out there and readily accessible for a month.

« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2013, 09:45:52 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
*shrug* make a narrow window to vote, don't be shocked when few people vote.

Regular season was a two-day window and the playoff votes in the past were a two day window. I made an assumption that was incorrect that the playoff votes would also be a two-day window. I should have double checked.

I feel bad for the teams that participated in the threads in response to my questions, they took the time to interact with me so I should have gotten a ballot in for them.

« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2013, 10:04:41 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I will say, I am somewhat disappointed to see so few GMs voted in the playoffs.  I don't want to speculate on reasons, and I'm sure there may very well have been good reasons, but I'm left with the impression some simply lost interest once their team was eliminated.

Anyways, I do have a few take away's from my 1st time in the CB draft.

-The 1st two weeks were a blast.  I really enjoyed the roster building aspect.  Drafting strategies, trades, etc..
-Overall, the atmosphere was good, and there did seem to be a nice camaraderie.
-The competitive aspect is interesting.  I learned a lot about how other view certain players, game-play strategies and such.  I didn't always agree with what other felt, but it was still interesting.

DISLIKES
-Not enough votes to truly get a well rounded and robust sample size of varying opinions.  I don't really see how this can be changed though, and it is a minor quibble.
-Back and forth that goes on in the voting/discussion threads.  I suspected coming in this was likely to be the part of the game I wouldn't enjoy, and I was right.  That said, I don't particularly blame anyone for this.  It is what it is.

On a personal note, I'm not sure if I'll play again.  I just don't enjoy the grandstanding for votes, and felt uncomfortable the whole time, while doing my best to "convince" others as to the viability of my team.  The Pick2 draft and the DKC seem much more relaxed in this regard.  If I do join up again next season, I'll probably just avoid this aspect, and make my points in one post in the "press conference" thread, or playoff matchup thread, and leave it at that.  I don't exactly see many voters changing their minds anyway.

I also would like to give a big shout out to Nick for organizing the whole event, and specifically for taking my lists and making my picks for me.  Job well done!

I also do plan on staying around to vote in the continuing rounds, and look forward to seeing how this plays out.

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2013, 10:14:07 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
*shrug* make a narrow window to vote, don't be shocked when few people vote.

Regular season was a two-day window and the playoff votes in the past were a two day window. I made an assumption that was incorrect that the playoff votes would also be a two-day window. I should have double checked.

I feel bad for the teams that participated in the threads in response to my questions, they took the time to interact with me so I should have gotten a ballot in for them.
Don't feel its the narrow window effecting the vote. I feel it is the disinterest or priorities being elsewhere that has occurred since the draft ended on the parts of several GMs. 2 GMs missed their pressers. Another 4 put in pressers but were never around to answer questions. 5 GMs missed regular season voting even with a two day window. 11 GMs missed 1st round voting and I seriously doubt it was a lack of time to vote. Only two of those GMs have been around participating in the last week or so, that being TWW and rondoallaturca.

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2013, 11:37:51 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Sad to see all my favorite teams get eliminated already: Mil, Mia, Hou, Lal. Glad I'm on bacation so I have things to take my mind off things though :)

Congratulations to everybody for a great league once again!

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Yikes. Was planning on signing on today to make my votes. Was swamped with my current college schedule. Didn't expect voting for the first round to end so quickly. Sorry for missing my vote, guys.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2013, 11:41:27 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I'll be sure to check more often in the 2nd round to get my votes in.

I'm also guessing that we could vote for ourselves? If that's the case, I would've advanced. Oh well. Always next year. I messed up on this one.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2013, 11:44:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I'll be sure to check more often in the 2nd round to get my votes in.
Second round starts and ends today, so get your votes in this afternoon/tonight.