Author Topic: Fansided (SI) - Miami/Boston proposed trade  (Read 3770 times)

Re: Fansided (SI) - Miami/Boston proposed trade
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 12:58:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If this team wants Whiteside, this team will sign Whiteside in the offseason. It's not like he's the missing piece that's going to propel them to the Finals (even more so if you ship out Bradley for him).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
1) For anyone who thinks Whiteside would leave the first organization that believed in him, his teammates, & DJ Khaled in Miami to come here as a free agent needs a reality check. The ONLY way he comes here is via trade!

If he loves Miami so much, why wouldn't he just sign back there in July?

Why would Miami make that commitment back in July when they can pay him less than $1M this year, & negotiate a new contract in the offseason? It's like people on CB see players as puppets with no feelings or loyalty. NO Gms aren't loyal to players by any means, but a lot of players tend to be loyal (of course money is a factor as well), especially when they love the situation they're playing in.

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 01:22:18 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Bradley AND a pick for a UFA? really?
I know, right.  Give them Turner, or Jerebko, or Zeller, or a rookie.  Really, you need Bradley too?  Hang up.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 01:37:14 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
If this team wants Whiteside, this team will sign Whiteside in the offseason. It's not like he's the missing piece that's going to propel them to the Finals (even more so if you ship out Bradley for him).

If I want one of 4 brand new $4M Lamborghinis, and I have the money, I will get my Lamborghini...

NOPE! Too bad I didn't inquire about it months before and make a down payment to ensure I got one...instead I waited until the day they were scheduled to come out & therefore I lost out! How could I be so blind not to realize that there were other potential buyers?!

Not to mention Whiteside is loving every second of playing in Miami. So again, why would he leave a winning situation with an organization, fan base, & teammates who have finally embraced the way he's always envisioned?

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016, 03:03:27 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
1) For anyone who thinks Whiteside would leave the first organization that believed in him, his teammates, & DJ Khaled in Miami to come here as a free agent needs a reality check. The ONLY way he comes here is via trade!

If he loves Miami so much, why wouldn't he just sign back there in July?
He would have to take a big pay cut, which is why there are rumors that Miami might move him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 03:37:58 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

If I want one of 4 brand new $4M Lamborghinis, and I have the money, I will get my Lamborghini...

NOPE! Too bad I didn't inquire about it months before and make a down payment to ensure I got one...instead I waited until the day they were scheduled to come out & therefore I lost out! How could I be so blind not to realize that there were other potential buyers?!

Not to mention Whiteside is loving every second of playing in Miami. So again, why would he leave a winning situation with an organization, fan base, & teammates who have finally embraced the way he's always envisioned?
That's the question I guess. Is whiteside a lambo or just a nice car.

Also trading for him doesn't garuntee us the right to sign him, so the example is pretty awful.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 04:08:01 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Not sure he's as thrilled with his time in Miami as some of these comments are making it seem. Dwayne Wade has never exactly publicly backed him and as great as he's been that team hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire. He sees the Miami media questioning his value, and the fans weren't exactly campaigning for him to get into the All Star game.

A lot of the reasons many of us are bullish on Whiteside are the same reason Heat fans and possibly their front office are. He slows down your offense, he isn't the best practice player(which probably bothers a gym rat like Wade more than he'd publicly admit) and he doesn't really have that clean cut, alpha dog, Max contract kind of mentality despite the fact that he's produced enough to earn one.

What makes me think he'd fit in Boston, is that A. Whiteside is the most available max contract guy in a long time and B. it's possible that he'd do better in a grittier more blue collar Boston style environment than the high society classy Miami atmosphere.

All of that being said I'm sticking to my prediction that he'll be a Maverick next year. After missing out on Deandre and Dwight playing in rival Houston I just feel like that team is fiending for a franchise center and Cuban would love to stick it to the Heat by taking their theirs. Could see Cuban's offer blowing everyone else out of the water.

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 04:50:58 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Whiteside?

No.

Thank.

You.

Chases blocks, one of the worst statistical defenders in the league, may be worse in the head than Cousins (and his play certainly doesn't make up for it), and Wade and Bosh haven't really been able to get through to him. Let someone else overpay him this summer, please. Not us.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!